• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Star Gazer

Hello, people of Skyrim universe! After the release of the DLC, Dragonborn, a new character has been released to challenge the Dragonborn (you) to a duel at the Last Vigil in some snowy region of Skyrim. This is a very interesting character because nobody knows his origin, where he got his equipment, his race (his skin is dark brown-black under his armor), and most importantly, his name.

That's where we come in! This thread will be dedicated to figuring out who this mysterious warrior is, because I have a feeling I have heard his voice before. I know Skyrim reuses voice-actors, but this one sounds so different yet so... familiar.

We can conclude through common sense that this character is probably nordic because of his belief in Sovngarde. The Skyrim Wiki tells us that he is Redguard, but according to the same site "The main religion of Hammerfell (redguard homeland) is a mix between ancestor worship and faith in the traditional Yokudan pantheon." The gods of the Elder Scrolls are very strict when it comes to where a soul will go after death, and it says that Sovngarde is Shor's nordic afterlife. Redguards usually shun spell-casters and mages/wizards because they steal and temper with people's minds. They brand spell-casters as weak and wicked. This is all fine and dandy, but what does this have to do with the ebony warrior? The Ebony Warrior uses magic, and is also extremely proficient with it. This draws us to the conclusion that the Ebony Warrior is, in fact, a nord.

If he is a nord, how do you explain his dark, almost black skin? Nords are usually fair-skinned with blonde hair. The Ebony Warrior has dark skin and black hair. The color probably comes from his armor. He gives us hints that he has been adventuring for quite a long time, and his name/title implies that he always wears his ebony armor. This nord is probably fair-skinned and blonde haired underneath all of the dirt and black stains from his armor.

His trademark ebony armor was probably found through adventuring, or maybe he was a blacksmith, or maybe he was rich enough to actually afford ebony armor, which is rare. You never see the people of Skyrim walking around in intricately carved armor of the strongest degree, now do you? My guess is that he found it while adventuring/questing earlier on in his life, and the title was given to him later. The stains on his skin were probably developed over the span of months, or maybe even years in the armor.

It looks like we have covered most of what is possible to conclude about the ebony warrior, and I am always happy to see responses and helpful hints. If you would like to give an opinion on who you think the ebony warrior is, go ahead! This character is immune to the Dead Thrall spell, so we are unable to play around with or fight alongside him. Again, his voice sounds very familiar, maybe from someone early on in the game, I just can't put the voice to an actual name. Thanks for reading, everybody! Again, any response is accepted and welcomed!

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Perhaps he was a Redguard orphan raised by Nords or the result of mixed parentage?

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
I am quite sure that he is a Redguard, but I have seen some Nords that are quite dark as well. (Vignar Gray-mane)

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
The reason they have him as redguard on the wiki is because that is the race they used to create his apperance. Of course you cant get the skin that dark, however, he has redguard features and hairstyles.

In fact he looks almost identical to the redguards at the gates of whitern trying to get in to look for that girl.

Also who is the we you are refering to. Is this a spinoff to another thread i havent seen before.

Star Gazer

The reason they have him as redguard on the wiki is because that is the race they used to create his apperance. Of course you cant get the skin that dark, however, he has redguard features and hairstyles.

In fact he looks almost identical to the redguards at the gates of whitern trying to get in to look for that girl.

Also who is the we you are refering to. Is this a spinoff to another thread i havent seen before.
We as in the community.