• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
i started over and this time around im dying easily? im level 30 right now and im playing on the same difficulty, i have the same weapon and armor that i had at this point last time (which was the ebony armor and sword) and everything is killing me really fast. i dominated pretty much everything that i came across last time so what the hell is going on this time? i have to use health potions what seems like all the time when last game i used potions once in awhile.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
i started over and this time around im dying easily? im level 30 right now and im playing on the same difficulty, i have the same weapon and armor that i had at this point last time (which was the ebony armor and sword) and everything is killing me really fast. i dominated pretty much everything that i came across last time so what the hell is going on this time? i have to use health potions what seems like all the time when last game i used potions once in awhile.
Maybe they just remember you and got some better weapons this time! Seriously though, are you sure you've got the same settings? I can't imagine why it would be so different.

Daelon DuLac

everything's the same. this is ridiculous
It sure is. It's not fair. Maybe it's just the game. Restart maybe? I had a similar problem early on when I apparently, inadvertently set the combat to legendary when I was messing around from novice. Let me tell ya, I died soooooo much! Fortunately I set it back and have continued with the character. Good luck!

i started boethiah's calling and tried killing all the cult members in the area just like last time and i got completely dominated. i tried to do this twice and finally got pissed off and quit the game. the last time i tried i was fighting and almost died so i filled my health up with potions only to die less than 3 seconds later. last game i killed everyone without a problem..im so confused lol

Do you have the same perks a last time? I find if i invest in perks in the wrong order I break my character.

is this a bug or something? i really don't want to restart again since i just recently started over. i guess i will if i have to

I Really can't imagine what is wrong. If screwing with the difficulty hasn't helped then all I can advise is maybe next time try out a different build and do different quests so it wont get boring.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Well make sure you update and upgrade your weapons. Don't be a hero, use your bow then switch to melee when they are near.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Run through it on lowest difficulty, do `tgm if on a PC, then adjust after it's finished.

NiteMare

Presto Change'O !!
Maybe the magic, health, stamina ratio is different.. Did you lvl up a lot in non-combat related skills(Boosting skills can leave you at a disadvantage). Maybe you had different enchants from before. It could be a bug, but believe the fault is with something you did before that you can not remember. We are only human after all. :D

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
Your enchantments, your health can be low, your skills may be too low, you should rely on Alchemy, Enchanting and Smithing a little higher than that. (I am exploiting Alteration and Smithing to level up on a level 74 char). Check your effects... those can be troublemaking, imagine you had the Lord Stone and now you have The Shadow Stone, that way you take more damage, check every detail!

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
Do you have any Diseases making you more vulnerable or Regen slower? Ha I honestly have no idea why this would be. :/

Oren74

like i said everything's the same.

Something has to be different. Something major too. Check difficulty. Check equipment. Check your magic resist. Stop working on alchemy if you are. Don't traing non-combat abilities.

Are you a warrior class? Skyrim is a cake walk...
Are you an Assassin/Theif? Skyrim can get really hard really fast if you level sneak, pickpocket, and even archery really fast.
Mage class? Reroll, I hate mages...kidding, that's just me. Mages are very difficult IMO

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Have you tried not getting hit, that can raise life expectancy.

You should always be on the move in combat, never letting the enemy surround you and block attacks. Standing open and 'taking it like a man' doesn't always end well, until you're like me at level 133 then it doesn't matter what hits you. Sometimes I don't even notice I'm in combat.

Daelon DuLac

Have you tried not getting hit, that can raise life expectancy.

You should always be on the move in combat, never letting the enemy surround you and block attacks. Standing open and 'taking it like a man' doesn't always end well, until you're like me at level 133 then it doesn't matter what hits you. Sometimes I don't even notice I'm in combat.
I'm only at 52 and, when it comes to actual people (particularly civi's and guards), I'm in the same boat. I can stand there and let 'em beat on me and simply yawn. At least the forswarn and most of the critters can still do me harm. Almost makes me want to take on all the soldiers in Solitude myself and slaughter them all.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I'm only at 52 and, when it comes to actual people (particularly civi's and guards), I'm in the same boat. I can stand there and let 'em beat on me and simply yawn. At least the forswarn and most of the critters can still do me harm. Almost makes me want to take on all the soldiers in Solitude myself and slaughter them all.

I got a bit over 1000 health, so it takes awhile for a guard to take me down. So I just punch people, while constantly moving.