your skill as a player and your advancements in the game.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

how advanced are you in your character as a player?

• Total voters

jonathan90

well known member
The thing is what you have to understand is it's based on how much knowledge that you have in the game.
Including your player status in skyrim. Since I am almost not as good as some players when it comes to aiming and getting direct hits with a bow and arrow.

The target moves, "depends on the difficulty level" You may miss your target, in since I guess that happens to everybody in general.

But it all depends on your minds state with the game, on how good of a player you are with this game..."mind-wise" and game-wise.

But it can be hard for so many different players who have different ways of interacting with the game.

My player description: I prefer to play in craft like, smithing, enchanting and alchemy wise.

I prefer to use half of all sneak, not all sneak.

I love assassination or theif type, since this time I am only going for a "jack of all trades" type and a stealthy type.

my difficulty is always preferred at the moment to apprentice level.

I love archery and one handed, and I like to combat harder enemies.

But my previous player status is assassin/theif wood elf, unless I go for a diffirent race at another time.

Wildroses

I spent weeks on novice, then weeks on apprentice, then months of adept. Then for reasons I don't remember, I decided I would skip expert and go to master, which was a huge learning curve. When I decided to make a second character after playing my first into the ground, I thought I might see how badly I could break the game by grinding and investing perks in smithing, alchemy and enchanting. I got so bored of that character so quickly.

I ended up voting for other because even though I could grind, use overpowered perks and exploits and be a master elite god, I instead now purposely and methodically sabotage every single character I make so they find everything harder than a wolf a genuinely challenging fight. I enjoy Skyrim so much more when everything can easily kill me, and believe me, they all have easily killed me.

People who complain Skyrim isn't challenging enough just need to start playing like noobs, then Skyrim would be a massive challenge.

Two Bears

I am a god. The world of Tamriel litteraly materializes at the mere movement of my index finger. The citizens exist only to satisfy my whim. I am omnipresent and omniscient; nothing escapes my gaze as I have the total knowledge of all that has happened, all that is happening and all that will happen upon the plane of Nirn. And when I grow weary of the world, it vanishes on my command, waiting for me to will it into reality again.

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
I am a god. The world of Tamriel litteraly materializes at the mere movement of my index finger. The citizens exist only to satisfy my whim. I am omnipresent and omniscient; nothing escapes my gaze as I have the total knowledge of all that has happened, all that is happening and all that will happen upon the plane of Nirn. And when I grow weary of the world, it vanishes on my command, waiting for me to will it into reality again.

So the game is quite boring for you then... LOL

Finnsson

Prince of Denmark
I love a challenge, and certain builds fit me better than others, so I usually wind up somewhere in the novice-master range (I voted "other"). A great deal of my characters have debilitating or otherwise bothersome handicaps (deafness, one hand, crippling headaches), so managing their unique problems becomes a challenge in itself. Because of this, as I advance, I start getting punked every which-a-way; mauled by bears and trolls, mutilated by draugr, pimp-slapped by hold guards... it's embarrassing, yet oddly fun. Fun enough for me to resist the powerful urge to rage quit after having some pesky bandit in fur armor perform a finishing move on me.

Scarheart

"Eternity isn't forever."
i play it with my mind on God ultra difficult legendary mode, im level 1 million and averything is 100, and i play dressed in just underwear without weapons in fact i can play it without switching the xbox on im soo good, ,, ,, ,, jjez guys there is some chest beating going on in this thread pfft

just kidding, ,, ,, ,, adept usually, , tried expert just need a little more practise, never master, tried just spoilt the game for me,

This man is very sensitive with deep seeded feelings of inadequacy that stem from his childhood.

Twiffle

This man is very sensitive with deep seeded feelings of inadequacy that stem from his childhood.

you obviously do not understand or even have a grasp of the consept of Irony.

jonathan90

well known member
As for me....well, I am going for advanced intermediate player status.
I am far then a noob in this game since I have learned so much from all you guys here on the forum.:)

And not to forget the skyrim wikipedia online,that always helps a lot.

But my own "in depth knowledge" of the game as well,since none of us may know everything about the game since there is so much too learn from it, and heaps of endless things to do.:D

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I will never play on Expert or Legendary. I play a game to enjoy it and I can't imagine that I would enjoy struggling so much to get anything done. I never play any other game at the most difficult levels, why would I do so on Skyrim. Kudo's to all of you that do, but I play as a diversion, not as a challenge.

Daelon DuLac

I will never play on Expert or Legendary. I play a game to enjoy it and I can't imagine that I would enjoy struggling so much to get anything done. I never play any other game at the most difficult levels, why would I do so on Skyrim. Kudo's to all of you that do, but I play as a diversion, not as a challenge.
I hope no one takes what I just posted as an insult. I just don't have the cahones to play at those levels. I probably will switch to adept on my next playthrough as it does get a little easy when you're on novice once you're above level 30, but I want to explore all of skyrim with this character so I'll wait. I am switching up from my heavy/2 handed/bow to light/one-handed/bow for variety now as my health is so high and I want to be able to do the Thieves and brotherhood with some sort of believabllity. I will go back to heavy/2 handed for the Companions and Civil War though.

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
I hope no one takes what I just posted as an insult. I just don't have the cahones to play at those levels. I probably will switch to adept on my next playthrough as it does get a little easy when you're on novice once you're above level 30, but I want to explore all of skyrim with this character so I'll wait. I am switching up from my heavy/2 handed/bow to light/one-handed/bow for variety now as my health is so high and I want to be able to do the Thieves and brotherhood with some sort of believabllity. I will go back to heavy/2 handed for the Companions and Civil War though.

I am with you in this line of thinking. I stay on Apprentice for the sme reasoning.

jonathan90

well known member
Is anybody good at trying not to miss with archery?believe me....as a player, I always miss all the time.

Daelon DuLac

Is anybody good at trying not to miss with archery?believe me....as a player, I always miss all the time.
I almost never miss. My trick is. If I'm underground or in a building, I use sneak and the one person view and if I'm outside I use 3rd person. It just takes practice. Plus there's nothing more satisfying than the thunk and blowback when the arrow hits! The cutscenes are a bit annoying though, since you have to recock you bow.

Just be sure to line your target up with your cross bars and let fly. I found that, at lower levels, I needed to get closer and as i progressed and gained confidence, I could shoot from farther away.

I could be an aberation as I play an archer in almost all of my games though.

Daelon DuLac

On the contrary, the world is my sandbox in which I play.
Bow down to the 2 Bears, God of Skyrim! :) :) Now he and Dagmar should get together and really let us all have it!

Invader Vin

I'm one of those players who does enjoy this game being as challenging as it possibly can. So to that end, I take whatever means I can to enjoy the game with the difficulty as reasonably high as I feel makes the best experience for me.

This means I play the game on Legendary from start to finish with every character build I come up with and play the game with additional mods that increase the difficulty such as the deadly dragons and enhanced high level gameplay mods. Occasionally I may even play a character that I've intentionally handicapped myself for a more flavorable experience. My current favorite character for is something of an alchemist who wears no armor and only uses a single dagger and a crossbow as weapons. With most of my characters I at least intentionally choose perks that aren't exactly optimal and I'll put points into lockpicking and pickpocketing as an example of that. I will also refrain from using any sort of crafting exploits as well.

For me, it's very satisfying to play the game with a high difficulty level and overcoming some of the ridiculous fights I might encounter as a result. That said, Skyrim was my first introduction to the Elder Scrolls games so I started off on Novice like plenty of others. I quickly made my way up the difficulty levels though as I realized the game was far too easy on anything lower than master. The introduction of the Legendary difficulty was great news for me and I even restarted my main character (who I had hundreds of hours on) just to be able to play the game from the beginning on it.

Daelon DuLac

I'm one of those players who does enjoy this game being as challenging as it possibly can. So to that end, I take whatever means I can to enjoy the game with the difficulty as reasonably high as I feel makes the best experience for me.

This means I play the game on Legendary from start to finish with every character build I come up with and play the game with additional mods that increase the difficulty such as the deadly dragons and enhanced high level gameplay mods. Occasionally I may even play a character that I've intentionally handicapped myself for a more flavorable experience. My current favorite character for is something of an alchemist who wears no armor and only uses a single dagger and a crossbow as weapons. With most of my characters I at least intentionally choose perks that aren't exactly optimal and I'll put points into lockpicking and pickpocketing as an example of that. I will also refrain from using any sort of crafting exploits as well.

For me, it's very satisfying to play the game with a high difficulty level and overcoming some of the ridiculous fights I might encounter as a result. That said, Skyrim was my first introduction to the Elder Scrolls games so I started off on Novice like plenty of others. I quickly made my way up the difficulty levels though as I realized the game was far too easy on anything lower than master. The introduction of the Legendary difficulty was great news for me and I even restarted my main character (who I had hundreds of hours on) just to be able to play the game from the beginning on it.
I admire your hutzpa! There is no way I could ever, ever play on Legendary or even much above adept. I died way too may times on novice for goodness sake.

You go on your quest for eternal challenge! I guess me, as an OG w/out much in the way of VG experience just can't handle it.

I tried Legendary and died immediately so I just went with easy for my first run through.