Your strategies and How you make it through the life if Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

VolenKiller

The Idealist
How do you make it through skyrim? Do you hire hirelings? How do you make you honest(or mabey not so honest) earning? What's you Character background? Strategy?

Ravenna

Its eyes are black, its skin is white
I'm very particular about the use of my magic. Lately I really hate using destruction magic, mainly because mine is not even at adept level. I usually kill bosses, like Ulfric, or Cicero, and permanently revive them. It's great cuz Ulfric will still use the thu'um when revived.

Otherwise, if I don't have my thralls with me, I mastery in illusion as well, so I just use fury or something to get them to get into fights with town guards, or hysteria to make them run away and I can kill them with a well place Ice spike

Mikea

I'm very particular about the use of my magic. Lately I really hate using destruction magic, mainly because mine is not even at adept level. I usually kill bosses, like Ulfric, or Cicero, and permanently revive them. It's great cuz Ulfric will still use the thu'um when revived.

Otherwise, if I don't have my thralls with me, I mastery in illusion as well, so I just use fury or something to get them to get into fights with town guards, or hysteria to make them run away and I can kill them with a well place Ice spike

I never even thought to revive Ulfric. Wow. Nice thinking

Ravenna

Its eyes are black, its skin is white
I never even thought to revive Ulfric. Wow. Nice thinking
Thanks, I didn't think too either, until the moment I'd killed him. If he was strong enough to kill the high king, why couldn't he serve me just as effectively?

VolenKiller

The Idealist
Level 64 Orc. I just hack away at everything with a Daedric Sword/Greatsword and make a profit. I'm in all the factions so I just get money for everything I do basically.
Very Nice. Seriously. You should've killed the dark brotherhood instead. Yes it is possible.You get 3k for it. I did it on my orc name. Btw since your a 2 handed blade person, might i suggest get the Ebony Sword. Its a Daedric artifact. If you talk to the bartender lady at the counter in the inn at whiterun, and ask about rumors, she'll eventually tell you about Baagrufs child who is kinda "demonic" or somthing. I think the quest is called the whispering lady. It might be considered a misclanious quest until you talk to Baagruf ( whatever the first jarl of whiterun was). But yeah. Pretty sweet weapon.

Mikea

Very Nice. Seriously. You should've killed the dark brotherhood instead. Yes it is possible.You get 3k for it. I did it on my orc name. Btw since your a 2 handed blade person, might i suggest get the Ebony Sword. Its a Daedric artifact. If you talk to the bartender lady at the counter in the inn at whiterun, and ask about rumors, she'll eventually tell you about Baagrufs child who is kinda "demonic" or somthing. I think the quest is called the whispering lady. It might be considered a misclanious quest until you talk to Baagruf ( whatever the first jarl of whiterun was). But yeah. Pretty sweet weapon.

Thanks, but I don't think it is really worth killing the Dark Brotherhood for 3k, you can make heaps more by being apart of it. I heard about it before hand, but I like killing lots of people (I know there are lots of Dark Brotherhood members, but still). And yeah, I will try to get that Ebony Blade thingo. (Btw his name is Balgruuf)

LeAmericain

In Fear and Faith
I just do whatever I want, Im a nord who is the leader of basically every faction and who has no qualms with stealing anything of remote value and killing people solely because I know I can get away with ut

VolenKiller

The Idealist
@LeAmerican , Nice. Another way to get away with anything you want is to become thane of everyhold.

Mikea , True that. Glad i could help(And thanks for the name spelling correction)

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
I went through my first two rounds gathering anything I could carry (and loading the rest on a follower) and taking any opp to make money be it legit or not. This time I am restricting myself to only making money through missions and selling back only the things I can carry myself. I was at level 52 with over 250k in gold. Sort of a bummer at that point. I am just not rushing along this time through.

Champion8877

i steal peoples jewelry and sell it on the black market. and by black market i mean that thieves guild chick at the ragged flaggon in the ratways. thats how i make my money. my pickpocketing is maxed out on everything so i get caught like 1/500 times i try. i also like to break in peoples houses at night and steal stuff from their chests while they are sleeping right beside me.

but one thing i do not do is kill people. well i kill bandits, drougars, and anything that attacks me first or will attack me and i hunt animals. i started the dark brotherhood because a friend told me it was awesome, but im not a murderer, im just a thief, so i stopped doing their quests

Gurgeh

Redguard -- started as a typical sword/shield mercenary, then hooked up with the thieves guild, learned to sneak and use a bow, and rely on that mostly now (lvl 50ish). Went through a necromancy phase, but couldn't stand the smell. Been dabbling in heavy armor, smithing and enchanting lately.
Hate the Blades for telling me I should kill my dragon buddy. Haven't joined the Brotherhood yet, but am considering trying to destroy them. Being in charge of the Mage's College, Companions and Thieves Guild seems like plenty.
Dislike both sides in the war. Got the Jagged Crown, but haven't given it to Ulfric yet, because it looks too good on me. The Stormcloaks sent some hired thugs after me the other day -- wonder if that was related?
Also haven't finished the last job the Thieves Guild gave me, because the Skeleton Key is too handy.
Have 4 houses and a merchant wife who hangs out in the one in Solitude. Unfortunately, she has to go...
Spent most of my time so far adventuring with Marcurio. Have accidentally killed a lot of my followers (Lydia, Breylina, Erandur, J'zargo, Sven, Uthgurd...). Lately, after finishing the Companions quest, I've been grouping up with those guys, though cross Athis off the list as of yesterday.
I tend to hoard crap, much to my followers' protestations. Went through an alchemy phase, but I'm over that now. Been selling everything but Daedric Artifacts lately.
So, after killing the big dragon, I've been avoiding the civil war and doing a lot of walking, trying to discover crypts and dungeons I've never been in. Seems like there's a lot more adventuring to do...

BSE

So far Ive been fairly legit, just selling stuff I pick up on quests, not killing random people. Im a pure mage at this point, but I think once I get to a high enough level, Im gonna try and clear out every town of the disease called life.

Also, I prefer to have a follower. Lydia died, so now I use J'Zargo. I freaking love him just cuz everything he says is hilarious.

VolenKiller

The Idealist
@DragonBourne , Nice! I havn't made it to 100k on any of my names! Lol

@Champion , Nice . You truely are a thief. I suppose "you've never made an honest days earnings" - brynjolf

Gurgeh , Very very nice! Oh and it is indeed possible to destroy the dark brotherhood. when your in the abandoned shack with her, start attacking her, and kill her. Quest 'Destroy the Dark Brotherhood!" will begin from there. You get 3k for doing it :D . And You did not have to Kill Pauthernax . Sorry you didn't find that out before hand. And about the jagged crown and skeleton key - Nice aga'in. i found it both humorous and brilliant. And if you find discovering crypts interesting, mabey you'll find getting all the dragon priest masks interresting aswell. They are very useful. You got pretty much everything you could want (in my oppion). So congrats. And might i suggest on your next playthrough being a mage. It's a lot different from being a mercanary, but fun aswell.

BSE , Yup i'd say that's pretty legit! and could luck on getting rid of that disease. I did that in Oblivion... So much fun haha. And J'zargo is awesome and funny. Good to have as a follower. Another one of my favorite Kahjiits is the one at Peryite's shrine. He's just nice and i respect him(He isn't a follower).

Mabe

My Orc is a murderer and a thief without much of a code of ethics. A hair trigger on his temper and quick to draw his sword. I haven't put that much thought into his ethos, its just fun to to relieve a bard of his head.

He makes his money through the spoils of battle and through legit methods like smithing and enchanting.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
Oh and it is indeed possible to destroy the dark brotherhood. when your in the abandoned shack with her, start attacking her, and kill her. Quest 'Destroy the Dark Brotherhood!" will begin from there. You get 3k for doing it :Dquote]

Did you actually do this because when I attacked her to see if I could kill her she would not die.