Legendary Difficulty: Your Experiences

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I died jumping between the tower and the inn at Helgen (4 Times!) and never got any further.

Legendary is a dream for me, not a reality. Kinda like being adopted by Brangalina.

Thou shalt jump onto the post, not the floor.
With my luck I'd end up impaled on the post with Alduin laughing at me. :)

Pete

I died jumping between the tower and the inn at Helgen (4 Times!) and never got any further.

Legendary is a dream for me, not a reality. Kinda like being adopted by Brangalina.

At Helgan, the guards are hard and I had to completely rethink how to play. I'm still experimenting with play styles to see if I can get thru Helgan without dying once. So far no luck. But I'll tell you, I have a whole new respect for imperials in heavy armor.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

At Helgan, the guards are hard and I had to completely rethink how to play. I'm still experimenting with play styles to see if I can get thru Helgan without dying once. So far no luck. But I'll tell you, I have a whole new respect for imperials in heavy armor.
You could just go Imperial. It would be a cake-walk. Stormcloaks are wimps.

Clau

The Fateless One
I started Legendary last weekend and rolled a Nord 2H warrior with light armor (Idunn - Lass of the Stormcloaks Lvl. 22 ).

Sounds like suicide yep. I found myself abusing sprint, power attack, stamina potions to stunlock heavy armored bandit chiefs. Their enchanted weapons HURTS A LOT.

I haven't figured out how to fight high level mages that are tough as steel with their flesh spells that can kill me with two or three fireballs.

From my experience:

-Followers are very useful for not getting mobbed.
-Vegetable soup is a must
-Lord Stone ASAP

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I only bother with Legendary when I'm running heavy duty poisons. Legendary is pretty underwhelming imo. It might be more appealing if the AI improved but as it is the same battle tactics work except that you need to spend more time and resources to get the same job done. Dumb.

trenzalore

I'll dip my cookies in your tears.
I only bother with Legendary when I'm running heavy duty poisons. Legendary is pretty underwhelming imo. It might be more appealing if the AI improved but as it is the same battle tactics work except that you need to spend more time and resources to get the same job done. Dumb.

If you're playing in pc then why not download a mod or two to fix that? I've got a few on and the enemy tactics are different Everytime. They circle, they make more use of block and attack, they don't kill their teammates. It's tough

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note III on Tapatalk

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies

If you're playing in pc then why not download a mod or two to fix that? I've got a few on and the enemy tactics are different Everytime. They circle, they make more use of block and attack, they don't kill their teammates. It's tough

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note III on Tapatalk

On console. I'm not really playing these days anyway. Just talking it once in a while. Been busy tracking radiation levels on west coast and other global nightmares currently transpiring. Turns out Earth is way stranger than Skyrim these days.

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble

Actually one useful thing Bretons have is the ability to conjure a familiar from the very beginning. Familiars always seemed garbage to me until I had the chance to use them from level 1 on legendary, where they're actually extremely useful. Very handy to have until you get the flame atronach

Otherwise you could use movement to make sure your imperial/stormcloak friend is the one being attacked, then swing at the enemy from behind. I'm pretty sure those guys are essential so they won't die. Alternatively why not just equip a shield and healing, then make a run for it?

I started Legendary last weekend and rolled a Nord 2H warrior with light armor (Idunn - Lass of the Stormcloaks Lvl. 22 ).

Sounds like suicide yep. I found myself abusing sprint, power attack, stamina potions to stunlock heavy armored bandit chiefs. Their enchanted weapons HURTS A LOT.

I haven't figured out how to fight high level mages that are tough as steel with their flesh spells that can kill me with two or three fireballs.

From my experience:

-Followers are very useful for not getting mobbed.
-Vegetable soup is a must
-Lord Stone ASAP

Some interesting points here! I'd never considered the lord stone before and always take one of the three stones outside Helgen until my character reaches a point where leveling isn't so important. The lord stone looks pretty good though! For early magic resistance and the +50 health you could use a Breton, activate the lord stone, then do the agent of Mara thing for 65% magic resistance. Pretty good considering you wouldn't have to do any real fighting to achieve that

I'd never heard about stunlocking before, so from your post I'm guessing you do power attacks until your stamina runs out, then drink a load of stamina potions and continue power attacking and drinking potions until they die? I'd never figured out a decent use for stamina potions before but that sounds awesome!

I've seen vegetable soup mentioned on here a couple of times now, but I can't see what's so good about it. 1 health and stamina per second? I know it lasts a long time but that health regeneration seems negligible to be. I can't imagine that's worth carrying food ingredients around

Clau

The Fateless One
Some interesting points here! I'd never considered the lord stone before and always take one of the three stones outside Helgen until my character reaches a point where leveling isn't so important. The lord stone looks pretty good though! For early magic resistance and the +50 health you could use a Breton, activate the lord stone, then do the agent of Mara thing for 65% magic resistance. Pretty good considering you wouldn't have to do any real fighting to achieve that

It's great if you decide to start as a Breton given their magic resistance. :)

I'd never heard about stunlocking before, so from your post I'm guessing you do power attacks until your stamina runs out, then drink a load of stamina potions and continue power attacking and drinking potions until they die? I'd never figured out a decent use for stamina potions before but that sounds awesome!

That's pretty much it. I do a sprinting power attack that staggers then, unleash a number of power attacks. Some use the sword and shield to stunlock while archers with the right perks also use stunlock. Same goes for destruction magic with double impact.

I've seen vegetable soup mentioned on here a couple of times now, but I can't see what's so good about it. 1 health and stamina per second? I know it lasts a long time but that health regeneration seems negligible to be. I can't imagine that's worth carrying food ingredients around

Vegetable soup is quite awesome given that you need atleast 1 stamina point to perform a power attack. Constant regeneration of 1 stamina point per second makes a whoe lot of difference in close combat.

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble
That's pretty much it. I do a sprinting power attack that staggers then, unleash a number of power attacks. Some use the sword and shield to stunlock while archers with the right perks also use stunlock. Same goes for destruction magic with double impact.

Vegetable soup is quite awesome given that you need atleast 1 stamina point to perform a power attack. Constant regeneration of 1 stamina point per second makes a whoe lot of difference in close combat.

That archery perk is one of the reasons I think archery is the most powerful offensive style. Ranger, quick draw and whatever that stagger perk is called is often about the point where I stop bothering with sneaking

There is no lag between your stamina bar emptying and it starting to recharge again? It happens instantly? If so, wow! That's actually huge! Since finding out you don't need salt piles for vegetable soup I looked into what it does, but wasn't impressed until now. I'm going to have to test that one out

Clau

The Fateless One

That archery perk is one of the reasons I think archery is the most powerful offensive style. Ranger, quick draw and whatever that stagger perk is called is often about the point where I stop bothering with sneaking

There is no lag between your stamina bar emptying and it starting to recharge again? It happens instantly? If so, wow! That's actually huge! Since finding out you don't need salt piles for vegetable soup I looked into what it does, but wasn't impressed until now. I'm going to have to test that one out

Yes, that's 1 stamina point per second in a span of 720 seconds. I used to ignore the veggie soup on lower difficulties but now I find it a great help to all warrior types.

Dovahkiir

That said, I wouldn't recommend a Breton for legendary. 25% magic resistance is okay, but early in the game it doesn't make such a difference given how damaging the enemies' attacks are, and later you can hit the 85% magic resistance cap without it.

Heh, I have a Khajit, no magic resistance at all.

The enchanting went quite well, got a few items enchanted with 52% frost+22% magic resist, 52% fire+22% magic resist and one other with 22% magic resist (the highest level I can reach with 100 level enchanting + Enchanter's Elixir)

I'm not immune, but its manageable. Now I wonder how it stands up against Ancient Dragons...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts