Open Treasures of the Old World (A Fallout RP)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Jessica watched with sadness as Mordecai left. This was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and he was walking away from it without a second though. She understood this this Mr. Burke was downright creepy but how could he afford to pass this up? Even worse, no one else seemed to care. Vex and Kenzi were wrapped up in their own conversation, Daryl was being Daryl, the woman Andrea she didn't know well enough to gauge. Merle however was being much more polite than any other time tonight. Even with Jessica. He understood the value of this man's proposal but Jessica suspected it was much more for his personal gain, which sounded vast, than making a difference in this world. That was what Jessica cared about. They were going to find technology the Brotherhood and the NCR could, would and did kill over and she would have it first. This vault could contain anything: Food processors, teleportation technology, matter converters, maybe even a Garden of Eden Creation Kit. Now that would be something. She had read about the ancient devices in the Brotherhood archives and they seemed like magic. A device that could create life from complete lifelessness, to turn a place as irradiated and dismal as the Great Glow in California into a lush paradise. Such a device would be nothing less than a miracle.

The Brotherhood would have no interest in it because it wasn't a weapon and the NCR would take it for itself so no one else may benefit, but the Followers would see that everyone could benefit from it. Jessica had been with them for less than two weeks and already they felt like family. The Brotherhood in Hidden Valley back in the Mojave was still her family and she still loved and missed them but she was beginning to see how misguided they were. They were working with the NCR now, helping to protect the old roads, Elder McNamira had finally seen to that, but that was only because of the threat of Ceaser across the Colorado. Who's to say that one the Legion was pushed back or destroyed the NCR and the Brotherhood would pick up on the same old war they've been fighting for decades? The NCR had gotten so much bigger and the Brotherhood had stayed small. They usually lost when they fought with the NCR. The Mojave, if it came to that, would not be an exception.

Jessica was in the middle of writing her list when she realized she needed to tell these people who she really was. If they found out by some other means they could kill her. Especially Vex and Kenzi, nice as they were. She decided now was the best time and after looking over her list one more time she would turn it in and then tell them.

-Spare parts for one plasma defender
    -Spare parts for one Split beam, scoped laser rifle with focus optics
    -Four weapon repair kits
    -Twenty doses Med-X
    -Twenty Stimpaks
    -Five super stimpaks
    -Thirty Citalophram 40mg tablets (To maintain clinical depression. I have a month's dose already but I don't want to run out.)
    -A suit of recon armor
    -Chili that doesn't taste, smell or look like vomit
    -a PipBoy 3000 (Essential for mapping the trail and topography of the expedition and navigating the area.)

"Here you go." Jessica said, looking very nervously at Mr. Burk and moreso because of her announcement.

"Thank you Jessica. I've taken the liberty of writing out Merle's list for him so that's everyone. Be advised that with the exception of food, water an ammo you're borrowing everything on your lists. If you lose or damage any item you'll have to pay for it upon your return trip. Unless of course you have the caps to buy everything now, in which case you can do with them whatever you like. Now, as a last part of our meeting I'd like to meet with you all individually upstairs in my room. The purpose will be to spend a few minutes to get to know you, why you want to come on this expedition and to take care of some...rather confidential paperwork. If there's no objections I'd like to start with Kenzi."

"Actually Mr. Burke I'd like to make an announcement before we begin."

"Then by all means Jessica, share it."

"Okay." She said, pushing her glasses up and taking a deep breath while facing everyone. "As you've all learned tonight I'm a member of the Followers of the Apocolypse but I'm originally from the Mojave and have another family that you should know about. I'm...well...I'm...I'm a member of the Brotherhood of Steel. I'm a scribe from the Mojave Chapter and even though I'm here in Frisco upon my own accord learning from the Followers...the Brotherhood's keeping an eye on me. They'll probably find out about this expedition if they haven't already and that could cause...problems...for some of us."

She looked at Vex and Kenzi with desperate apology. If they were like half the troopers back home they would not take kindly to her telling them this. "I'm really sorry about this but if we're going to go off together you guys need to know who I really am. That way if...you don't want me along you'd have a good reason. I'm guessing Vex and Kenzi will probably try and throw me out of here now so...yeah."

She looked down at the floor and her shoulders sank. She was Brotherhood in NCR territory and that usually meant trouble. She expected a hostile response and just wanted to get it over with. She had told the truth about herself and now she would face it.

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    "Thank you Jessica. I've taken the liberty of writing out Merle's list for him so that's everyone. Be advised that with the exception of food, water an ammo you're borrowing everything on your lists. If you lose or damage any item you'll have to pay for it upon your return trip. Unless of course you have the caps to buy everything now, in which case you can do with them whatever you like. Now, as a last part of our meeting I'd like to meet with you all individually upstairs in my room. The purpose will be to spend a few minutes to get to know you, why you want to come on this expedition and to take care of some...rather confidential paperwork. If there's no objections I'd like to start with Kenzi."

Kenzi started to move up when Jessica started talking. "Actually Mr. Burke I'd like to make an announcement before we begin." Mr. Burke nodded. "Then by all means Jessica, share it." Jessica cleared her throat, then began to talk. "As you've all learned tonight I'm a member of the Followers of the Apocalypse but I'm originally from the Mojave and have another family that you should know about. I'm...well...I'm...I'm a member of the Brotherhood of Steel. I'm a scribe from the Mojave Chapter and even though I'm here in Frisco upon my own accord learning from the Followers...the Brotherhood's keeping an eye on me. They'll probably find out about this expedition if they haven't already and that could cause...problems...for some of us." Jessica looked at Vex and Kenzi with a look of sincere apology. "I'm really sorry about this but if we're going to go off together you guys need to know who I really am. That way if...you don't want me along you'd have a good reason. I'm guessing Vex and Kenzi will probably try and throw me out of here now so...yeah." They both smiled, then laughed. "We couldn't hate you,we already love you! Most of our sector get along with the Brotherhood. But of course there are some assholes that really don't like the Brotherhood. We, however, think working with the brotherhood is a great idea. You could even travel with us!" Kenzi gave Jessica a friendly wink, then went back to business. "I suppose we should get along with this interview? It may take a little while, so let's get it over with." She then put her knife in her boot, swiped back her hair, then wait for Mr.Burke to lead the way.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Jessica handed Mr Burke her list, and then Mr Burke spoke. "Thank you Jessica. I've taken the liberty of writing out Merle's list for him so that's everyone. Be advised that with the exception of food, water an ammo you're borrowing everything on your lists. If you lose or damage any item you'll have to pay for it upon your return trip. Unless of course you have the caps to buy everything now, in which case you can do with them whatever you like. Now, as a last part of our meeting I'd like to meet with you all individually upstairs in my room. The purpose will be to spend a few minutes to get to know you, why you want to come on this expedition and to take care of some...rather confidential paperwork. If there's no objections I'd like to start with Kenzi."

Merle had expected this, and had no qualms. Daryl however did not, but his list was not very expensive and therefore did not care too much. Before Kenzi could be interviewed by Burke Jessica spoke up, about to reveal just who she really was. "Actually Mr. Burke I'd like to make an announcement before we begin." Jessica said, she looked a little anxious by Andreas observations. The Dixons thought nothing of it, and waited. "Then by all means Jessica, share it." The shady Mr Burke said. "Okay." She said, pushing her glasses up and taking a deep breath while facing everyone. "As you've all learned tonight I'm a member of the Followers of the Apocolypse but I'm originally from the Mojave and have another family that you should know about. I'm...well...I'm...I'm a member of the Brotherhood of Steel. I'm a scribe from the Mojave Chapter and even though I'm here in Frisco upon my own accord learning from the Followers...the Brotherhood's keeping an eye on me. They'll probably find out about this expedition if they haven't already and that could cause...problems...for some of us."

Merle was a little surprised, but enthusiastic about it. He waited before he would say anything though, he wanted to see everyone else's reactions first. He may need to stick up for her. Jessica looked toward Vex and Kenzi with what seemed like a desperate apology, Andrea understood why. While Andrea wasn't too happy about it, it wouldn't change anything. She was brave, and honest, enough to share it with them all so therefore shouldn't need an eye kept on her. "I'm really sorry about this but if we're going to go off together you guys need to know who I really am. That way if...you don't want me along you'd have a good reason. I'm guessing Vex and Kenzi will probably try and throw me out of here now so...yeah." Jessica looked down at the floor and her shoulders sank, she was expecting the worst.

Vex and Kenzi however just smiled and laughed. "We couldn't hate you,we already love you! Most of our sector get along with the Brotherhood. But of course there are some assholes that really don't like the Brotherhood. We, however, think working with the brotherhood is a great idea. You could even travel with us!" Kenzi gave Jessica a friendly wink, then went back to business. "I suppose we should get along with this interview? It may take a little while, so let's get it over with."

Merle was smiling warmly the whole time, with his hands in front of him, using his left hand to hold his right. He then opened his arms up the way someone would for a hug, but was stationary and was using it purely to be welcoming. "C'mon Jessica, we're not like that!" He then dropped his arms by his sides, "Just means you're even more useful, not only will you know more but if them brotherhood see you in too much trouble they may even interfere and help us?" Merle then drew his attention away from Jessica and looked toward Burke. "Seeing as we're 'borrowing' these things can you just take that money straight out of my pay check at the end? Just in case I do lose or damage this property, cause I don't like handing caps over. Just don't hand over them caps I owe."

Daryl looked to Jessica and gave a simple nod, Andrea just smiled politely when Jessica's eyes met hers. Andrea decided she'd get in with the group, she was too much of a stranger. She approached Vex, extending her hand. "I don't believe we've been acquainted?" She said, trying to sound as polite as possible.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Jessica smiled at Vex and Kenzi. She was the most worried about them accepting her because they were NCR soldiers. It was nice to see that they didn't mind. Merle was also welcoming but that was less surprising. He seemed more outgoing and friendly than his little brother, even if he was more prone to getting into trouble. "Thanks guys, I'm glad you accept me. And yes, if we run into any Brotherhood members I can get them to help us. Hopefully. The Chapters are pretty independent, most of us are men and most of of those men are power-armored hardheads with big laser guns. I'll be wearing my recon armor though so they should identify me as an initiate at the very least. I WOULD wear my scribe's robes but I've been trying to get a date since moving out of the little cubbyhole that is my home and I wanted to wear something a little cuter." She gestured to her current outfit of t shirt and jeans under tall black leather boots and a lab coat. A second shirt, a long underwear top, was sticking out from under her t shirt.

"Of course Merle, that's fine." Mr. Burke said ominously. "Let's hope you make enough to pay for everything because you're looking at over ten thousand caps worth of equipment and if you don't pay every last penny I will hunt you down like a dog and separate you from every last cap from your cold dead fingers!" His tone was cold and threatening, clearly stating to take care of the equipment or else. Then it switched back to friendly when he addressed Kenzi. "Now, Kenzi, right this way please."

He lead her upstairs to his relatively simple room and closed the door behind her to block out the noise of downstairs. He sat down at card table and beckoned her to take the seat across from him. Several forms were on the table and he directed her attention towards them. "These forms say that you understand everything about this expedition and that any questions you have have been answered. You'll sign all of these when we're done here but first I'd like to get to know you better. Could you tell me a little about yourself Kenzi?"

(OOC: I'll do a full interview with Kenzi, then gloss over the others. It'll all be the same questions and RP'ing an interview for six characters would get boring after a while. Plus we need to get to the next day and organize the caravan. I have a surprise for you guys :p)

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    "Thanks guys, I'm glad you accept me. And yes, if we run into any Brotherhood members I can get them to help us. Hopefully. The Chapters are pretty independent, most of us are men and most of of those men are power-armored hardheads with big laser guns. I'll be wearing my recon armor though so they should identify me as an initiate at the very least. I WOULD wear my scribe's robes but I've been trying to get a date since moving out of the little cubbyhole that is my home and I wanted to wear something a little cuter." She gestured to her current outfit of t shirt and jeans under tall black leather boots and a lab coat. A second shirt, a long underwear top, was sticking out from under her t shirt.

The first thing Merle did was say "I accept you, sister." Rather jokingly. Then Mr Burke spoke up again. "Of course Merle, that's fine." Mr. Burke said ominously. "Let's hope you make enough to pay for everything because you're looking at over ten thousand caps worth of equipment and if you don't pay every last penny I will hunt you down like a dog and separate you from every last cap from your cold dead fingers!" His tone was cold and threatening, clearly stating to take care of the equipment or else. Merle held out his hands in a 'surrender' position, "Now now. I feel the same way about my caps, but I already got 8 grand! I'm just saying in this line of work equipment gets damaged and unless we have e equipment to repair it you can expect your products to be a little used. Besides, if plops hits the fan some equipment could get lost." By now Merle had put his hands down. But was still talking. "Besides Burke, if I lost all that equipment you can assure yourself I'll be dead long before you get cha hands on me, how would I survive without dem kickass guns?" Merle then clapped a hand on Burkes shoulder. "You can rely on me, you scratched my back now I'll scratch yours."

Daryl thought that saying sounded a little weird, but paid no mind. Once Burke had taken Kenzi away to be 'interviewed' Merle spoke up again. "If ya lookin' for a date this ain't the place sweetheart, ya got my brother here though." Merle said as he put his arm around Daryl. Daryl shoved Merle off, "I ain't a damn pedophile Merle." Daryl then did a quick glance around, "Besides you best keep ya voice down. Them guards over there think she's our sister." Merle looked to Jessica and mouthed "Sassy." Whilst pointing to Daryl.

(OOC: You'll find that the Dixons don't like surprises!:p)

Wolfbane

"Thanks guys, I'm glad you accept me. And yes, if we run into any Brotherhood members I can get them to help us. Hopefully. The Chapters are pretty independent, most of us are men and most of of those men are power-armored hardheads with big laser guns. I'll be wearing my recon armor though so they should identify me as an initiate at the very least. I WOULD wear my scribe's robes but I've been trying to get a date since moving out of the little cubbyhole that is my home and I wanted to wear something a little cuter." Jessica was motioning to her outfit while talking. "Well, this the wasteland. Doesn't mean we can't have a little fun! Besides, you really don't need to dress up like that to get a guy's attention. Some of them like a girl who can get down in the mud and shoot a person in between the eyes at about 1,000 or so yards!" Kenzi pointed to Vex while he nodded, then she moved closer to the front.

Merle was smiling the whole time, with his hands in front of him, then opened his arms up the way someone would for a hug, but was used as a welcoming "C'mon Jessica, we're not like that!" He then dropped his arms by his sides, "Just means you're even more useful, not only will you know more but if them brotherhood see you in too much trouble they may even interfere and help us?" Merle then drew his attention away from Jessica and looked toward Burke. "Seeing as we're 'borrowing' these things can you just take that money straight out of my pay check at the end? Just in case I do lose or damage this property, cause I don't like handing caps over. Just don't hand over them caps I owe."

While everybody was talking, the new girl approached Vex and extending her hand for a handshake. "I don't believe we've been acquainted?" Vex turned his head towards the voice, then shook her hand. "No, I don't believe we have. I'm Vex. Pleasure to meet you." He gave a half smile then nodded to his new acquaintance

"Of course Merle, that's fine." Mr. Burke said ominously. "Let's hope you make enough to pay for everything because you're looking at over ten thousand caps worth of equipment and if you don't pay every last penny I will hunt you down like a dog and separate you from every last cap from your cold dead fingers!" His tone was cold and threatening, clearly stating to take care of the equipment or else. "Now now. I feel the same way about my caps, but I already got 8 grand! I'm just saying in this line of work equipment gets damaged and unless we have e equipment to repair it you can expect your products to be a little used. Besides, if pl*** hits the fan some equipment could get lost. Besides Burke, if I lost all that equipment you can assure yourself I'll be dead long before you get cha hands on me, how would I survive without dem kickass guns?" Merle then clapped a hand on Burkes shoulder. "You can rely on me, you scratched my back now I'll scratch yours."

Then it switched back to friendly when he addressed Kenzi. "Now, Kenzi, right this way please." Kenzi then followed Burke while thinking about the cap situation. 'Good thing the NCR will pay for the equipment. I wouldn't want to think what would happen if they didn't'. He lead her upstairs to his relatively simple room and closed the door behind her to block out the noise of downstairs. He sat down at card table and beckoned her to take the seat across from him. Several forms were on the table and he directed her attention towards them. "These forms say that you understand everything about this expedition and that any questions you have have been answered. You'll sign all of these when we're done here but first I'd like to get to know you better. Could you tell me a little about yourself Kenzi?" She sat down, cleared her throat, then began to talk. "Well, I can't tell my story and not have Vex in it. We both grew up in a small border town in Oregon. Went to the same schools, mostly had the same classes. Ever since I was a girl I would go over to his house to hang out. It was like that when were young, all the way to when we were teenagers. His mom loved having me over and treated me like her own child. I loved seeing the both of them. After a while she took me in as raised me as her own. I guess I should go into more detail. I never had a mom. She was there for sometime, but she wasn't after a while. You could say I was a daddy's girl. He would take me out to whatever I wanted to do. After he died from cancer, well, mom wasn't the same. She turned to drugs fairly quickly. That was around when I would go over to Vex's nonstop. My mom didn't care too much because she was losing herself in whatever she was using at the time. Hell, I lived a couple of normal years when we were youngsters. I 'moved in' around 6th grade. Vex and I have been inseparable. He was always better at history! I was better at math, sports, numbers. He loved english and history"

Halfway through senior year we decided to enlist. It took us a hell of a long time to get to where we are now. We're both considered two of the best shots. Though I'm a tiny bit better with a sniper rifle. Vex will tell you the same thing I did, but from his point of view." She turned her head at the papers that laid before her. "What exactly are these? Like a 'If we die or get hurt you can't hold us responsible. Or is it a closed confidentiality agreement? Why exactly do we need to have an interview as well?"

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Mr. Burke listened intently as Kenzi's story and occasionally took down notes. She and Vex were certainly attached to the hip. The information he gathered had pointed at this but hearing her talk about how she and Vex grew up together was very interesting. They sounded like they could take care of each other but the death or injury of one would upset the other greatly.

"Very interesting...a stable community, reading and writing skills, pre-war grade systems and classrooms, able to identify your academic interests...I'm quite surprise at your level of education Kenzi. It's even rarer in the wasteland than true, stable communities and it sounds like you and Vex had both. Now you're in the NCR military serving your country and carrying the great bear wherever you go. I hope you realize how fortunate you both are. To answer your questions, these forms simply state that you understand the risks of this expedition and acknowledge that neither I nor my employers are responsible for your injury or death. You can read and sign everything now or give them to me when we see each other tomorrow at the Crimson Caravan outpost where you'll meet Jed and the rest of the team."

He offered her a pen.

"The purpose of this interview is so I can get to know each of you better. Jed's going to be leading the expedition and I'm responsible for providing him with information on all of you. What your skills are, your previous work experience, your goals for this expedition and your reason for being here, a little bit about yourself, that sort of thing. Before the war, and in parts of the NCR, people write all of this on a piece of paper and construct what's called a resume. If you're familiar with that term. I've been summarizing what you've told me for you to review and change as you like and this will be your resume."

Meanwhile, downstairs Jessica had an opportunity to thank Vex for his kind words and show of support earlier as well as the warm response he and Kenzi gave her when she disclosed who she really worked for. After there was a pause between Vex and Andrea, Jessica walked over to Vex and hugged him. Firmly and with both arms but gently so as not to hurt him. He was a head taller than her and half and again as wide so she really couldn't hurt him if she wanted to but still it was the thought that counted. "Thanks for being so nice to me Vex. I'm glad I met you and Kenzi and I'm glad you guys are okay with the Brotherhood. It's just so often back home the older paladins are all 'beware the NCR!' and 'remember HELIOS One!' even though our Elder, McNamera, has made it clear that we'll uphold our end of the alliance. It's just...so many of them are stuck in the past you know? The Brotherhood's been so elitist and isolated for so long and the only reason we've started to open our doors is because we'll die out if we don't. A lot of the Mojave NCR divisions are no better. Alot of the old commanders give us alot of trouble but a lot of there WERE at HELIOS One and other major battles so I can't really blame them. It just...It doesn't help anyone you know?"

Wolfbane

"Very interesting...a stable community, reading and writing skills, pre-war grade systems and classrooms, able to identify your academic interests...I'm quite surprise at your level of education Kenzi. It's even rarer in the wasteland than true, stable communities and it sounds like you and Vex had both. Now you're in the NCR military serving your country and carrying the great bear wherever you go. I hope you realize how fortunate you both are. To answer your questions, these forms simply state that you understand the risks of this expedition and acknowledge that neither I nor my employers are responsible for your injury or death. You can read and sign everything now or give them to me when we see each other tomorrow at the Crimson Caravan outpost where you'll meet Jed and the rest of the team." Kenzi leaned back, then continued to listen. "We know how fortunate we are. We both, especially Vex, read whenever we can. I understand the risks of this expedition" Mr.Burke then handed Kenzi a pen, which she took to sign the papers. "The purpose of this interview is so I can get to know each of you better. Jed's going to be leading the expedition and I'm responsible for providing him with information on all of you. What your skills are, your previous work experience, your goals for this expedition and your reason for being here, a little bit about yourself, that sort of thing. Before the war, and in parts of the NCR, people write all of this on a piece of paper and construct what's called a resume. If you're familiar with that term. I've been summarizing what you've told me for you to review and change as you like and this will be your resume." After signing the paper, she put the pen down, then quickly rescanned the piece of paper and checked if she signed in all of the spots. "I understand what a resume is. Is that it?"

While Mr.Burke and Kenzi wrapped up the interview, Jessica approached Vex when there was a pause between him and Andrea. She then wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tight. "Thanks for being so nice to me Vex. I'm glad I met you and Kenzi and I'm glad you guys are okay with the Brotherhood. It's just so often back home the older paladins are all 'beware the NCR!' and 'remember HELIOS One!' even though our Elder, McNamera, has made it clear that we'll uphold our end of the alliance. It's just...so many of them are stuck in the past you know? The Brotherhood's been so elitist and isolated for so long and the only reason we've started to open our doors is because we'll die out if we don't. A lot of the Mojave NCR divisions are no better. Alot of the old commanders give us alot of trouble but a lot of there WERE at HELIOS One and other major battles so I can't really blame them. It just...It doesn't help anyone you know?" He tightly hugged her, then messed her hair up a little. "Anytime, kiddo. We couldn't be mean to a sweet girl like you. Both Kenzi and I were both separated from the students in school and even still, we are outsiders in the NCR. Some soldiers view the brotherhood as evil, or extreme. Both sides are stuck in the past, and that's a shame. Higher ranking soldiers feel the same about the Brotherhood and HELIOS One. If all NCR soldiers were like us, and all Brotherhood like you, then life would be a hell of lot easier and happier!" He then turned to the area where Kenzi walked up to the interview room. "What do you think about the interview? I'm curious as to what the questions will be." He looked up towards the area, and started tapping his foot. "I'm not looking forward to my interview."

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    There was a short pause between Vex and Andrea and Jessica took it to the full advantage, she hugged Vex and thanked him for him and Kenzi not hating her for being members of the brotherhood. They talked for a bit, while Andrea stood there casually. "I'm not looking forward to my interview." Vex said. "Neither am I." Andrea started, she looked toward the area Burke and Kenzi disappeared into. "I can imagine there'll be the paperwork and some questions, probably ones we won't like answering. It seems awfully shady to me... And the way he snapped at Merle?" She turned herself fully to Vex and Jessica. "He cares too much about money."

Daryl approached the three, "Man how much longers this gonna be? Gettin' cooped up." Merle stood some feet away, smoking a cigarette.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    "We're done here. You're free to enjoy yourself until 9:00 a.m tomorrow morning. That's our meeting time at the Crimson Caravan outpost on The Bridge if you're still interested after having slept on it. Go downstairs and tell Daryl it's his turn. Feel free to discuss the interview with the rest of the group. It's all the same questions anyway."

Mr. Burke got up and opened the door for Kenzi, ushering her to go out. "I also suggest you and Vex talk to your commanding officer beforehand. The NCR doesn't look kindly on its troopers going AWOL, especially rangers and 1st Recon veterans..." Burke knew that Kenzi didn't tell him which units she and Vex were with. This would make her uncomfortable and that would most likely motivate her to do as she was asked out of fear. Plus Burke simply enjoyed making people uncomfortable. There was something about that aura of mild fear that...pleased him.

Jessica smiled at Vex's continued kindness and gave him another hug. He was right, it would be easier if all the Brotherhood were like her and all the NCR like him. But then they wouldn't be the same factions would they? As for the interview she was just as concerned as the others were. All of this seemed a bit strange and she had never had an interview before. Many job hunting skills were lost or now unnecessary since the war. Maybe they still did interviews in the NCR but Jessica wasn't in the NCR. At least not yet. The Mojave would probably fall under their jurisdiction soon and that would cause a whole other ball of cement. She looked at Andrea after her comment about Burke. "I have to agree with you Andrea. Where did that come from? I don't know about you guys but there's something off about this guy. He just feels...I don't know...evil. Like he enjoys making people uncomfortable or nervous. He's succeeded on both fronts with me, I've got to admit that." She sat with her hands folded in her lap and her knees brought together, the heels of her boots hanging off the floor, and waited.

Wolfbane

"We're done here. You're free to enjoy yourself until 9:00 a.m tomorrow morning. That's our meeting time at the Crimson Caravan outpost on The Bridge if you're still interested after having slept on it. Go downstairs and tell Daryl it's his turn. Feel free to discuss the interview with the rest of the group. It's all the same questions anyway." Kenzi stomped her foot, then got up and walked towards the door as Mr.Burke was talking. "Uh-huh. I'll tell him." Mr. Burke then got up and opened the door for Kenzi, ushering her to go out. "I also suggest you and Vex talk to your commanding officer beforehand. The NCR doesn't look kindly on its troopers going AWOL, especially rangers and 1st Recon veterans..." She thought for a moment, then answered Burke. "I'm sure they'll understand. It's only considered going AWOL if you don't let them know what you're going to do before hand and if you don't ask them. I plan on asking." As she was heading out the door and down the stairs, she was thinking. 'Anybody could coin us as rangers. I got the tattoo on my arm, and with the name like Vex, I suspect it wouldn't be too hard. Still though, I'm being wary of this dude. Anyways, I should let Daryl know.' She stuck her hands in her pockets, smiled at Jessica and Vex when she met eyes with them, then turned towards Daryl's direction. "Daryl, your turn buddy."

Jessica gave Vex another tight hug, then answered Andrea. "I have to agree with you Andrea. Where did that come from? I don't know about you guys but there's something off about this guy. He just feels...I don't know...evil. Like he enjoys making people uncomfortable or nervous. He's succeeded on both fronts with me, I've got to admit that." "I'm with you on that one."When Jessica was done talking and hugging him, Vex looked up to see that Kenzi was walking down the stairs and smiling at Jessica and him. He gave his usual nod. "Daryl, your turn buddy." Kenzi was now walking back to join the group. "How was it?" Vex asked as soon as she was close enough. "It was okay. He just asked me about my personal life, how I joined the NCR and that I couldn't tell my story without you in it! Plus our stories will be pretty much the same. He was surprised that we had a prewar education." She then rolled her eyes before continuing. "I almost forgot. He did the "I know that you're 1st recon... Anybody could have guessed that by the tattoos and you're callsign. Let's just stay out of his crosshairs. We need to send a letter to our commanding officer. Wouldn't want Anderson to think we went rogue!" She then pulled out a toothpick, and began to chew on it. "Yeah, no kidding. Remind me when we have a chance to do it. You know I'll forget otherwise." Kenzi smiled, then nodded. "I don't want to be in that room longer than I have to." Kenzi turned to Jessica to explain why Vex isn't looking forward to the interview. "Vex isn't a fan of social situations. Especially one-on-one. He was born with a stutter, and you know how most people are. That's also one of the reason's he's so quiet and talks slow. It's gotten a hell of a lot better. You can also imagine most of our school mates were tough on him. It did get better around senior year though." Vex turned around to give his answer. "I only miss a few." He then turned back to scan the room. "I was the more talkative one. Funny, seeing how we both hate people. Sure we understand the 'normal' ones, but we don't like them The nice people we like. We had each others backs long before enlisting. He would take care of any guy who was hassling me, and I would help him with whatever he needed." She then leaned in and whispered into Jessica's ear. "Not to mention I love it when he would fend off or take care of any guy bothering me. Most girls do. That's why he threatened to put Merle in the ground." She quietly chuckled to Jessica, then turned to see if Daryl was going upstairs.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    "Nuh uh, nope, not me." Daryl said, rejecting that he had to go upstairs for an interview. "I'll sign his papers but I ain't getting interviewed." He rejected the idea completely, "If you want to pay me to do something fine. But I don't need to talk to you about my personal life, just a waste of time."

Merle chuckled a little and looked in Daryls direction, but didn't say anything.

"I'll take your place." Andrea said, putting a hand on Daryls shoulder. She headed up to the interview room, remembering the direction they went in. There wasn't a whole heap of rooms so finding the room was simple. "Daryl said he won't be interviewed, but he'll sign any papers." She said before Burke said anything.

Merle approached the small group. "Vex, I needa talk to ya bout something." More than just Vex looked to Merle. "I know we don't get along, and we ain't gonna get better on this trip but no matter how much we're gonna fight on this trip we can't hold grudges. I'm not gonna be nice, too much fun stirrin' ya up, but if it gets down to life and death we've got to look after each other yeah?" Merle looked around to Kenzi, Jess and Daryl. "All of us." Merle slapped Vex on the back, "C'mon lemme buy ya a beer?"

Wolfbane

"Nuh uh, nope, not me.I'll sign his papers but I ain't getting interviewed.If you want to pay me to do something fine. But I don't need to talk to you about my personal life, just a waste of time." Daryl rejected the offer, even making it extra clear."I'll take your place." Andrea's voice came in behind the group. She moved to the front, then walked up to be interviewed. Merle laughed at Daryl, then approached Vex "Vex, I needa talk to ya bout something." Vex heard Merle, then turned to him, sighed, then raised an eyebrow. "What is it Merle?" The rest of the group turned to the two, as if they were spouting racial profanities. "I know we don't get along, and we ain't gonna get better on this trip but no matter how much we're gonna fight on this trip we can't hold grudges. I'm not gonna be nice, too much fun stirrin' ya up, but if it gets down to life and death we've got to look after each other yeah?" Vex thought whether on not he should give a sarcastic answer, but decided not to. "Sure. We look after each other. Same goes for the rest. I already planned on keeping Kenz and Jessica safe. I'll make a special exception for you, Merle. Seeing how you're doing the same." Kenzi then chimed in to agree with them. "Okay, let's look out for each other. Just don't be extremely creepy. Wouldn't want my gun to go off on accident. Get what I'm saying?" She then stopped talking, and let Vex finish. "I guess another drink wouldn't hurt. Then I need to cut the rest. Aiming is hard when you're seeing double or triple! Unless you have an automatic." He laughed then waited for Merle.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Mordecai strolled own the bridge to his shack, the whole way running the offer he had just turned down in his mind.

Rather, as well as it could in his foggy consciousness.

Should he have turned it down?

His shack came in sight and he smiled with familiarity and a sort of nostalgic feeling. With it, came his answer.

Hell yeah.

He finally reached the door and unlatched it, coming in to see everything was right where he left it. He had a stray thought that that Burke bastard would have sent thugs to raid the place to convince him to cut ties and rush off on this blasted adventure to a vault that either didn't exist or that wasn't worth dying over if it did.

He flipped on the radio and tuned it to the local station, hearing some of that old-world blues playing. Perfect.

He sat down at his workbench, after pouring him a glass of scotch, and put on his glasses.

He pulled his next job, a broken down laser pistol, to his side of the desk. The client said the optics were off, but wasn't sure what the optics even were.

The man had no business using this thing.

He took the gun apart, taking occasional drinks of his scotch.

As he did so, the sound of a door opening and closing came from behind him, and Mordecai grabbed the pistol and pointed it at the intruder. He knew that it was broken, and that it was more than likely going to explode in his hand if he fired, but the intruder wouldn't know that.

Well, except for the intruder was.

"Sir, you and I both know that if you fire that you'll blow your hand off. Do us both a favor and put it down."

Mordecai sighed heavily and put it down, getting back to work. "Damn it James. One of these days even drunk me won't be impressed with your know-how. Knock next time."

James, Mordecai's assistant, chuckled as he put his bag down and sat down next to him, pulling the client's laser rifle to him and began testing.

The two of them worked hard, cracking jokes as they worked, but not once getting up for a break. This was a typical day in the shack, and it was all Mordecai needed.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    "Sure. We look after each other. Same goes for the rest. I already planned on keeping Kenz and Jessica safe. I'll make a special exception for you, Merle. Seeing how you're doing the same." Vex said, Kenzi then chimed in to agree with them. "Okay, let's look out for each other. Just don't be extremely creepy. Wouldn't want my gun to go off on accident. Get what I'm saying?" She then stopped talking, and let Vex finish. "I guess another drink wouldn't hurt. Then I need to cut the rest. Aiming is hard when you're seeing double or triple! Unless you have an automatic." He laughed.

"Alright! I'll try not to creep up on ya, probably won't have the time nowadays anyway." Merle knew he probably would, but only to stir like usual. "The rest of ya'll enjoy drinks on me, but you only get the first 2 on me. Hate to blow all my money, then I'll be broke." Merle then laughed, "Not really. This job looks like its paying a lot." He walked over to the bar and bought himself a beer, he got Vex one too. The rest could get it themselves if they wanted to. "So what do ya think we'll find?"

Wolfbane

"Alright! I'll try not to creep up on ya, probably won't have the time nowadays anyway." Kenzi had a feeling that him actually not making it awkward would be to good to be true. After all, Merle likes stirring her and Vex up. "The rest of ya'll enjoy drinks on me, but you only get the first 2 on me. Hate to blow all my money, then I'll be broke." Merle then laughed, "Not really. This job looks like its paying a lot." Merle then bought Vex a beer. "Thanks." The bar was used to pop the top open. "So what do ya think we'll find?" After taking a drink, he turned to Merle. "I can' really talk about the vaults Kenz and I went into for the NCR, but I will say that it's never anything good. It can be worth it, if you're lucky. I know whenever she and I went into a few on our own, he found some weapon parts, electronic salvage, wasteland plants and in one case, a lot of eaten up and dead bodies. I think Burke has some idea of what is inside, but he wants us to clear it out. Maybe we'll find some old world technology!" His voice turned from informative to skeptic. "I have a bad feeling about this though."

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Vex spoke his part, Merle listened while drinking a beer. "Am I the only one thrilled about this?" He asked, taking another sip of his beer. "Vex man, we got a once in a lifetime chance with a steady job to pay us. I know you got ya NCR but think about it, jobs like this man, same risk only more pay?" Merle knew he wouldn't convince Vex of anything. "Anyway man, I'll try be a little easier when it comes to the pl*ps stirring." Merle then looked to Vex, directly in the eyes. "But no matter what, no matter how big of a fist or verbal fight between us if pl*ps hits the fan I got your back." Merle then went back to casual. "If we find some real good technology, ya think we can keep any of it? I mean I am if it's worth it! He never said no. A whole vault full, a few bits missing won't matter right?"

Meanwhile..

Daryl thought about trying to talk to Kenzi or Jessica, but they didn't seem like they'd be interest. Daryl wasn't sure even he was interested. Daryl thought to himself for a while. "So Burkes gotten a lot of girls in on this.. Odd... Why..." He wasn't sexist, but it wasn't often there was large amounts of girls going on dangerous missions. "Bunch of girls, menstruation, deadly weapons. Burke that crazy son of a bitch. Genius."

Wolfbane

"Am I the only one thrilled about this?" Merle asked as he was drinking. "It's not that. Sure, I'm looking forward to it, but it's the thought of what may be inside. Once in a lifetime is certainly true." He put his drink down, then began tapping his foot to a tune in his head. "I know you got ya NCR but think about it, jobs like this man, same risk only more pay?" Merle tried to convince Vex about the benefits. "It would be a change from picking off Cazadores. I hate those things. Honestly don't feel bad for killing them and Raiders. The double pay will be worth it." He tried to sound like he was looking forward to it. Merle then made eye contact."Anyway man, I'll try be a little easier when it comes to the pl*ps stirring. But no matter what, no matter how big of a fist or verbal fight between us if pl*ps hits the fan I got your back" Vex nodded, then broke eye contact. He rarely maintained eye contact, it makes him uncomfortable. He will if he needs to, if he is comfortable around the person, or if it's Kenzi. The feeling then went back to normal. "If we find some real good technology, ya think we can keep any of it? I mean I am if it's worth it! He never said no. A whole vault full, a few bits missing won't matter right?" Vex thought about it for a second. The whole group was risking their life for Burke, so why not keep some technology? It's only fair. "I would think so. Either way, Kenz and I are keeping some! It shouldn't matter if a few bits and bops went missing. Not to mention We've been looking for spare parts for our gear. In the fire of battle, we're all brothers-in-arms."

Kenzi looked back at Vex, then turned to Jessica. "So, what do you think about all this? I'm anxious to get moving. I wonder if Vex has a 'bad feeling' about this? He's rarely been wrong. Has anybody talked to you about killing? It's not pretty, and makes you different. The first one is always the hardest, and right then, you loose your innocence. I often wondered if Vex and I are both evil people, you know? We think about it everyday."

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Jessica watched Merle and Vex and was happy they were getting along. She hadn't drank before and she felt a little pressured to try it now that it was being offered. She and Kenzi were talking about Vex and how he always stuck up for Kenzi in school and how he could always sense danger and find a way to stop it. Or at the very least make people more alert. Vex sounded like a good guy and Kenzi really seemed cool.

"It's nice that Vex sticks up for you." She said to Kenzi. "It reminds me of my friend Lorenzo back home. He's a Knight and he and I learned how to maintain a lot of the same equipment together. Energy weapons mostly. There's a lot of brick-headed Paladins and Knights in the Brotherhood and Lorenzo would defend me whenever someone gave me trouble. I found out later that it was because he liked me and I just didn't feel that way about him. I told him I wanted to stay friends and he didn't like that answer but he had enough stones to respect my decision and still defend me. It was a little smothering but I still appreciate it. I feel guilty for not returning his feelings though but I just...he told me he loved me once and that really made things awkward. I really like him but not like that. Does that make sense? Because that was like a month ago and I feel bad about the whole thing. We didn't talk much the week before I left home and that was about three weeks ago. Have you ever had that happen Kenzi?"

Meanwhile, Burke had taken Andrea upstairs to his office and started the same procedure he did with Kenzi. "These forms say that you understand everything about this expedition and that any questions you have have been answered. You'll sign all of these when we're done here but first I'd like to get to know you better. Could you tell me a little about yourself Andrea?"

Wolfbane

"It's nice that Vex sticks up for you." She said to Kenzi. "It reminds me of my friend Lorenzo back home. He's a Knight and he and I learned how to maintain a lot of the same equipment together. Energy weapons mostly. There's a lot of brick-headed Paladins and Knights in the Brotherhood and Lorenzo would defend me whenever someone gave me trouble. I found out later that it was because he liked me and I just didn't feel that way about him. I told him I wanted to stay friends and he didn't like that answer but he had enough stones to respect my decision and still defend me. It was a little smothering but I still appreciate it. I feel guilty for not returning his feelings though but I just...he told me he loved me once and that really made things awkward. I really like him but not like that. Does that make sense? Because that was like a month ago and I feel bad about the whole thing. We didn't talk much the week before I left home and that was about three weeks ago. Have you ever had that happen Kenzi?" She was listening to Jessica with Intent, and thinking about the old days and how school was. Jessica was experiencing what she did, but without school. Kenzi found this interesting. Same things happen to people, but in different ways. "That happens to most people, you know? It's just one of those things. I know it happened to me. When Vex and I were in high school, there was this guy who was one of the most popular people in the school. He liked me, but needed to be discreet because a popular liking a freak? That was unheard of and almost like committing a crime. At first I didn't like him, but as time went on, we got along better. After a while he finally asked me out and said how much he liked me and that he was taking a chance. I said how I appreciated it and I understood, but I liked him as a friend and would love it if we stayed that way. He didn't like that one bit, so he stormed off, and the next day he started spreading lies about me. People believed him and not me, which was not surprising to me. Why wouldn't they believe him? He was the popular and well liked guy. Vex and I were the 'freaks', so no one would take our side anyways. We didn't care too much either way." She shrugged and laughed. "Although I will say that it happened it happened to be again during senior year, but it ended to where the guy and I stayed friends for the rest of the year. I had both experiences. Hell, even shy little Vex had this happen to him. In the end you learn that sometimes the best things are right in front of you."