• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
I want to hear tales of epic battles, whether from battling rabbid wolves to slaying a horde of mud crabs. I like to be entertained, and hearing tales of drunkeness in the wolderness of skyrim humors me. Even rabid bunny slying is humorous :)

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
I was a simple thief. A lover not a fighter. But I needed some money, alas I turned to bounty hunting since more illicit means would attract to much attention. I was somewhat capable at illusion magic at the time, and my sword (though little more than for show) was still fine steel. So I using my sword I was able to kill the first bandit at Halted-Stream Camp. Nothing to major. Using some Illusion I was able to get two of the three remaining bandits to kill each other. That left the boss. Turns out he was quite the warrior and I had to flee.

Unfortunately you can't flee from your past. For there were three heavily armored thugs waiting to "Teach me a lesson." I sprinted past them ducking and weaving sprinting into the plain. I followed the stream, hopping mud crabs hoping that the bandits would be distracted. They were and I got some more of them frenzied. But then suddenly out pops a feral vampire. As I felt it catch me in it's deadly drain, I ran and the thugs started to deal with the undead menace.

Greed got the best of me. I danced around just avoiding death to swipe the coins off the dead thugs. And turned to run from the Vampire. It (For I don't remember the gender) chased me across the plains. Where it's pet Death Hound found me. I ran and climbed onto Whiterun's battlement's outside the walls watching the Guards tend to the dog. The Vampire was content to go around, where it found itself surrounded by some "business associates" from the Khajiit Caravans. Made brave by superior numbers, we soon ripped the vampire apart. In the end it turned a profit.

Though lately I find my self weakened and people are asking if I am feeling well. I am sure it is nothing but some Rockjoint. I will simply wait til' I have enough gold to cure it. After all how bad can it be?

AS88

Staff member
The mists of the Reach had been treacherous, the craggy ground often proving difficult to walk on in our heavy boots of thick leathers and steel. Durak and I had been travelling for a few days now, on Isran's instructions to find more potential members for the Dawnguard. Durak's history as a chief had earned him some hard-to-find contacts, and Dushnikh Yal was no exception, tucked away in the western reaches of Skyrim. Isran had instructed Durak to take some company, one of the new members, and I suppose as an Orc it was only right for it to be me, despite my concerns they would look upon me as nothing more than a city Orc. Besides, I had my own reasons for visiting the strongholds, so I had to accompany him.

As we entered the fortified village we were eyed suspiciously until one of them stopped his training to meet with us. His name was Ghorbash, and we spoke at length about our people and the Legion, and then about our work against the vampires. We spent time in the longhouse speaking with Burguk, and discussed my intentions to find information about my mother and the will of Malacath. Eventually it was decided that Ghorbash would come with Durak and I, and become a Dawnguard. The journey home was strange; I had hoped to meet some real Orcs in Skyrim, but I had not expected to feel so isolated in their company. Nevertheless, we got back to Fort Dawnguard and Isran said that Ghorbash and I would work together, using information and rumours we had to track down and eliminate vampires whenever we could.

At first the forced companionship was unnatural, but we soon found that we had much in common, and could reconcile the differences between us by our desire to do good. Ghorbash taught me more than I expected about the blade and the way to use my armour, his advice was more gritty and practical than the fine style I learned back home. They were ways to kill quickly, and avoid death using every trick in the book.

Our mutual trust grew, and we became good friends. One fight in particular, though, was one to remember. We had been clearing an area of Eastmarch and eventually found the cave we were looking for. Ghorbash had charged into battle quickly, leaving me to protect his back and try to repel the fiends with cleansing magic. It was not long before he was suffering badly, and I had to take the lead. My axe was too much for them to handle after Ghorbash had softened them up, and they fell one after another. The fight was in our favour, and I had become sloppy, hacking and slashing wildly as I began to tire. Eventually, I missed a swing and stumbled into a group of three, and they surrounded me quickly. Their claws and their spells were digging into me, threatening to tear me apart, and I thought of home. Then though, my faith was restored as I saw Ghorbash return to his feet. I drew on my last portion of strength and beat myself out of the corner with my shield, before hacking wildly with my axe. They faltered at my rage, but their master remained as my energy quickly began to drain. As I began to stumble, the vampire leaped towards me and I was sure that it would be my death, feeling a scrape at my shoulder as I fell. I peeked through squinting eyes as I swung one last time, hopeful that at least Ghorbash would be able to tell my tale, but my eyes opened to see what had happened when I felt the edge of my axe cut through rubbery old flesh and bone.

Ghorbash had shot his final crossbow bolt over my shoulder, scraping at my armour and lodging itself right between it's eyes. As it had fell, my axe had rent the monster's head clean from it's body, and it laid there dead, a mixture of foul blood and ash. We carried each other back to Kynesgrove, where we received good care from a Dunmer there, and returned to Fort Dawnguard to tell our tale.

- Arok gro-Urzog, Legate of the Imperial Legion.

This more or less happened a while ago, while Ghorbash was my follower. He was stood a good 100ft behind me after dropping to a knee, and I was almost dead. I managed to get a waraxe killcam with the reverse-slice-head-chop move, just as Ghorbash had returned to his feet and shot an arrow perfectly square between the vampire's eyes.

Forgive my poetic licence :p

ps, I like Ghorbash..

Torok

I was once in a glorious archery battle in a narrow tunnel. It was me with a crossbow vs a crossbow toting bandit and an ice mage shooting ice spikes at me. They were dodging, hiding behind walls, I was doing the same thing. It was awesome! I took both of them out eventually, but that was intense.

An even more intense battle was me vs. 3 fire wizards who knew flame cloak and fire balls. We were in a small room within a fort. I had it on expert difficulty. I died like 4 times after using almost all of my fire resistances. I was summoning my familiars and shooting at those mages like crazy with my crossbow, it was so insane. Finally after like a ten minute battle I finally killed them all. Lesson learned, use more poison. I think I used up a bunch of healing potions on that fight. I didn't want to use my greatsword because I sure as hell did not want to get close to those guys.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Copied and edited from a post I made awhile back in the Dragonborn DLC forum about killing Miraak.

Miraak... So much talk and posturing; appearing from thin air to steal the souls of dragons that were rightfully mine, then vanishing like a mudcrab in the reeds. Miraak, hiding from his destiny amidst infinite volumes of books tended by tentacled giants and sadistic floating librarians, mocking me. I rode to Miraak, in true Dragonborn fashion, on the back of a dragon. For all of the shock and fear he must've felt upon seeing me, he remained surprisingly calm. More talk ensued... Miraak blathered on about the first Dragonborn killing the last. Krosus; how the spinners of fate must've laughted for they knew what was coming! I ignited my dragon aspect. Miraak did the same. We shouted ancient obscenities at each other; the very air quaked. Miraak tried to use lightning against me, but I'd faced worse from Zhakriisos. I shrugged it off. He then met me in melee combat, but that was not to be. My mace, Ale Smasher, smashed and bludgeoned while Miraak staggered back. In defense he launched an arc of toxic black noodles at me. This, I cannot wait to tell to Ysgramor in Sovngarde, who's shield protected me from the worst of it. The obscene wriggling mass caused me to lose my footing, which enraged me further. I ran forth with renewed vigor. Time to end this. Miraak was overmatched and out of options. He began sacrificing his dragon followers just to stay alive, and this he did time and again until there were no more dragons left. Such would be the final, desperate act in the legacy of Miraak. Hermaeus Mora could stand it no longer, and so forever ended Miraak's existence through an act of fatal impalement, as you all surely know.

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
(I can't play mages at all. Not sure why; impatience, foolhardiness, stupidity? Yes yes and yes. My latest attempt ended pretty quickly)

One bright afternoon, Harix the Enlightened, wandering Breton mage (in training), escaped from Helgen as the Dragon laid the place to ruin. In the days that followed, he found his way to the little town of Riverwood and then to the wide world beyond, roaming to the resplendent city of Whiterun. There, Harix studied with Farengar, the Jarl's wizard, and learned much from the spell books the pompous mage provided. Full of confidence, Harix eagerly took the bounty job of rooting out the despicable bandits led by Hajvarr Iron-Hand who had made their home in White River Watch.

Two bandits outside the place attacked poor Harix as he made his way up the trail to the entrance. Harix and his faithful conjured familiar fought them off valiantly, and in the confusion of battle, failed to notice the 2 Novice Necromancers that had been lured by the sounds of combat. Soon both Necromancers, and the slain bandits that they had reanimated were attacking Harix viciously.

Leaping from the wooden platform at the cave entrance, Harix fled. Never the most agile or graceful sort, he landed directly in the cookfire and then crashed into the wooden table. This slowed his escape, but he managed to summon his helpful familiar once more. It managed to kill one of the bandits and one of the Necromancers, and so, Harix, buoyed by this change in fortune, resumed his attack as well. The second bandit-zombie killed the familiar, and hit poor Harix with a sword stroke which nearly ended things. Harix of course, fled yet again.

Running back down the road (the wrong way), he was assaulted by two wolves which were hiding in the grass. Harix managed to kill one with a burst of flames from his hands, but naturally, the Necromancer (still in pursuit) reanimated it. Harix ran (fell) down the rocks toward the river below, hoping to throw off his pursuers. He was rewarded for his efforts with two Mudcrabs pinching him repeatedly as he flailed about in the swift moving current. Harix somehow managed to flame one of the evil little crustaceans and still had enough magicka remaining to Heal himself slightly. With the remaining mudcrab, Necromancer, wolf and wolf-zombie crossing the river just behind him, he stumbled onto a narrow little sandbar just in time to see another wolf, apparently guarding a wooden chest, bare its fangs and attack.

Here ends the short sad tale of Harix the Enlightened.

Skyrim: where everything wants to kill you.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
For this particular "epic battle story," I would like to credit a friend of mine. Had he not made this joke build, I wouldn't be able to write this.

i lived in cyrodiil with my parents. father was going to buy some OP maces so we could kill goblins togethr in the caves. that left me with mother, thogh she suked at being OP. we killed some deer (LAAAAAAAAAAAME) and made deer stew. i cant lye, it tasted good. then it happend. as soon as dad opend the door, a thalmor vampire used sneak archery to shoot him in the throat. then he shoved dad onto me. thogh i pickd up dad off me, because i was OP in lifting, i was to late to save mom from being killed. i was so pised that i pickd up the maces of my mom and dad. they were iron quality, wich suks, but i chargd at the thalmor vampire with a speshil move dad tauht me. it was the legendair fus ro smash move! i saw the fear in his gay twilight eyes glowng. when the maces came from both sides of his hed, it came off his body lik how execushiners decapitat peepel. tehn moar thalmor vampires came to his aid. they were no mach 4 my OP skills; one by one they fell to there death by the legendairy FUS RO SMASH! i finaly killd them all, wich was prety awsome. sudenly, it came too me; i was fulfiling the dual weeld mace profecy my parents told me long ago. now im off too skyrim were i will lern that vampire snek artree move. those loar books will forevr tell the legend of TREVOR DEATHHAND!!!

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble
The longest battle I've ever had and one that sticks the most was the final chamber of the Galdour amulet quest, using my archer-conjuror build that is still probably the most interesting build I've used. It was also the first time I'd played master. I'd been relying heavily on atronachs until this point and my archery wasn't good enough for a straight fight in a small-ish chamber like that, so I died the first few times I tried it. The final time I took out a few draugr while drinking health potions, popped an invis potion and got down into one of the recesses, hidden. From there I summoned atronachs, pot shotted with the bow, saved a lot and took invis potions and shifted position every time I was detected. It took ages but I got out of there with the amulet eventually

I did it again in my previous build, but the character was maxed out at this stage: heavy armour at the armour cap with double enchantments on everything, fortify archery perks bringing my paralyzing ebony bow up to damage 414, and access to fortify marksman potions I'd made granting +90% archery. Frankly I think my level 40 follower could have done it all himself because his gear was as good as mine. The game is way more fun before reaching that broken level of ability where everything is a joke, but it's all about the journey :)

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
Thomas Rakinson, lvl 36 spellsword, Reach-Whiterun border.

They have been following me from sky haven temple to here. Want to know whats harder than traversing the reach wilderness? That with two frost dragons swooping down every other minute, breathing frost in my face & tearing chunks out of my frost atronach, whilst Forsworn leap about their craggy homelands hillsides, firing flurries of arrows, completly oblivious to the ginormous flying beasts overhead.
I was coming up to the border of whiterun, & as i scaled one of the last hills three forsworn come running towards me, whilst a fourth (mage) began powering up a flame cloak behind them; this was not going to be pretty. A dragon flew over my head, more interested in the unfortunate civillians toiling in the village below, unaware of the approaching danger. I could see rorikstead behind me, but as i dared glimpses inbetween the parrying of my adversaries blows, the dragon made short work of the few guards posted there, so I, in an act pure selflessness, concern & heroism, gave up my frost atronach to let loose a conjure storm atronach spell near the dragon. This proved a more worthy challenge for the dovah, but left me at the mercy of the other dragon & forsworn.
As I struck down the third warrior forsworn, a firebolt spell struck me in the back, & I cursed myself for not asking one of my fellow Blades to accompany me on this perilous journey.
Just as I turned found to watch the mage strike a killing spell, an all-too familiar roar penatrated the sky, & dragon No. 2 landed with a shake behind the mage & proceeded to bite down on the unsuspecting Breton, snapping the frail guy almost in half before tossing him away onto the nearby road. Now with its attention turned to me, we stared at each other, dovah to doavhkiin, one mighty & fearsome, the other incapitated & desperatly staggering to his feet. This was not to be my end however.
I unsheath my schmitar & use it as a support to push myself to my feet, whilst a ward spell flutters in front of me; just in time. The dragon grows tired of our staring contest & opens his gaping maw, his dagger-sized teeth forming what could have been a grin as dragon language fills my ears, accompanied by a blast of sheer frost striking my etheral shield with the force of a tempest. My ward barely withstands the impact of the Thuum, the two distinct forms of magic ensuing in a battle that would determine the continuation of my life. As the dragons wrath ends, my magicka gives out, the ward that saved my life fading into nothingness. But i am prepared, & as the dragons ugly head looms in through the cloud of fog left by his shout, I respond with a Thuum of my own: Fire breath.
The wave of heat slams into the dragon with a somewhat muffled damage output, but it serves its purpose. The dragon rears backwards let loose a rage fueled roar, the smoke from the attack stinging its eyes to the point of blindness. Basking in the change of pace, I waste no time in charging forwards &, trying to ignore the pain in my feet, leap upwards before my foe regains his composure & bring my schmitar down onto the beasts skull...

Part 2 coming later...

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Forelhost, level 75, master difficulty, pure Mage in robes, no follower... need I say more? :)

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble
Forelhost, level 75, master difficulty, pure Mage in robes, no follower... need I say more? :)

Pure mage is tough! I've attempted two pure mage builds; one I abandoned shortly after reaching Riverwood, and one I took to about the mid 20s and got sick of. I just couldn't stand destruction magic. I found it a huge nuisance dual casting a mage armour spell then having to change to a dual cast destruction spell every single battle, and I hated needing to cast a destruction spell and having an empty magic bar. I love magic for boosting warrior type builds, but have no interest in a pure mage

Does the game get tougher when you hit levels 60 or 70+? I imagine it would, since I always feel my characters at around level 45 are about as effective as they'll ever be, but the enemy will continue getting better. Is that what happens? I imagine so, but I can only guess. I've only ever gone up to level 50 before

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Does the game get tougher when you hit levels 60 or 70+? I imagine it would, since I always feel my characters at around level 45 are about as effective as they'll ever be, but the enemy will continue getting better. Is that what happens? I imagine so, but I can only guess. I've only ever gone up to level 50 before

Not sure about a Pure Mage as, like yourself, only made it to mid 20's before getting sick of it. However, my for nightblade character who go up to the mid 70's, it only got easier. Most of the game I had it on master difficulty, but that got a bit too easy at around Lv65 so I bumped it up to legendary. I really did have his fighting style downpact though...

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
It was a beautiful day in solitude. A wedding was taking place in front of the temple, my task-to kill the bride.

I had been brought into the Brotherhood only a few short months earlier, but as "Listener," I was tasked with this major contract. The bride and groom approached the balcony, and i silently followed, my Khajiiti talent for sneaking kicking in.

I crouched behind them unseen, and drew my dagger, the anticipation almost killing me. I took a step closer as the bride opened her mouth to speak, when an unexpected feeling hit me.

My nose tingled, the spring air irritating it. I let out the largest sneeze any mortal could produce, my Dovah fire exploding out as well. The bride caught fire, fell of the balcony, and died on impact with the ground.

I panicked, sprinting down the steps toward the front gate, but every guard in town must have seen the ordeal. I fought a few of them off, but was forced to surrender and pay a fine for my freedom.

Upon returning to the sanctuary, Astrid, our leader, told me had to forfeit the extra payment because I did not kill Vittoria while she was making her speech.

Well excuse me, if the Khajiiti Dovahkiin assassin isnt fancy enough to murder your precious politician, then perhaps you will find I'm allergic to your bullcrap, and remember my sneezes are DOVAHDEADLY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chadonraz

I decided to go track down a source of power at Northwind Summit, in the middle of the night. Not the smartest idea...

I had made it past Darkwater Crossing and the last Ivarstead signpost when three bandits attacked. Being level 5 or so my only chance was to keep moving backwards, stagger them with Fus and quickly land a hit, then backpedal again. It might've worked if a werewolf and some wolves hadn't shown up... but they did, which left me with exactly one option: RUN. My racial "7 seconds of invulnerability" greater power saved my life; I managed to get away from the enemies, though only barely. I found my way to Darkwater Crossing and slept until morning.

I was leaving DWC when three hostile Thalmor appeared. They didn't attack me right away, as they were fighting a necromancer and a couple vampires, and I managed to kill one of them. But then the wizard came after me... I only managed to kill her due to a tactical level up. There was still a Thalmor soldier left, though, and he approached quite rapidly. Thankfully one of the Stormcloaks at DWC shot him for me.

The Elven Light armor the Thalmor soldiers were wearing was better than the armor I was wearing, so that was a plus side. I also contracted Sanies Lupinus from the werewolf, so in three days I'll become a lycan myself. That was one of my character's aims; to gain Hircine's favour.

By the way, Northwind was guarded by a nasty shock dragon. I tried a couple different strategies (hiding in one of the huts & goinb back into the mine after shooting one arrow), but neither of them worked. Going to have to go back later. :Dovahkiin:

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Does defeating 3 legendary dragons on legend difficulty with a wooden sword and wearing only ragged trousers count?

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Set Scene: Level 10, Pure Thief(no combat abilities), Blackreach, Master difficulty.

I attempted to flee some of the human slaves I found, which turned out to be loyal to their Falmer masters. I proceeded to use a combination of shouts, running, and a roaming giant to remove them from existence. The Falmer however managed to take down my large ally and with the help of several Chaurus I had attracted the attention of, began to hunt me rather religiously. No matter what I tried, I couldn't shake them, and my hit and run shout tactics did little to slow them or lessen their numbers. Then, I saw it, a dwarven centurion awaiting a lever pull to come to life. Pull it I did, and the Falmer, though putting up quite a fight, fell to the great machine. Weakened it turned towards me as I had foolishly stuck around to aid it with more hit and run poisonings and shouts. I bravely stood my ground this time and shouted flames and force, whilst also dancing around it to stay alive. Finally, after an HOUR of this dance of death and steam, it fell, and I was victorious........................

Only to succumb to a lone chaurus that I had over-looked, fluff Blackreach

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
The little engine that could...
For the first time ever I was attacked by Werewolf Vargrs. They came out of no-where and scared the crap out of me. But that wasn't the crazy part, they themselves were being attacked by a Revered Dragon, who then turned to me, and of course it was a fire breathing SOAB. But it doesn't end there. A Elder dragon decided to get in on the action as well, and yep, it was a fire breather to.. my poor flammable nord didn't stand a chance on Master level.

Undeterred I made my way back to the word wall I wanted to get to, cue the dragons again, and my nord dying. At least this time, not two Weres', only one that said "Farmer" when my crosshairs went on it. Que me running... "I'm one of you! I'm one of you!!" Gods dang it!

So I set out to the word wall for the third time and I summon Ol' Durny to help me out. He is flying around looking for something to fight, I get to the wall, and the Elder Dragon is there, taking a dirt nap. It's whole head is stuck in the ground. I loose arrows at it and it just growls at me, doesn't take off, or blast me with fire. I put my bow away and calmly walk past it to the word wall.

But dammit, I can't just let it glitched out like that, because now I can't fast travel, or wait, no matter how far away I run from it. So I have to re-load. Son of a...

For the forth time (You'd think I would have given up by now but I am stubborn) I run to the wall, and there are still the two dragons. The Elder is a fire dragon but the other is now just a plain old frosty. Frost?! I AM A NORD!! I laugh at your frost! I can deal with him later, so I slay the Elder and then the frosty, they both die within meters of each other. (I didn't have my camera on me to take a pic). So after all that, I finally get to the word wall!

Well THAT was easy..

I have been avoiding the final battle with Miraak for ages, even though I have had the Dragonborn DLC for a while. Anyway, last night I decided, to heck with it! And I read the damned book.
"Not again!" Annekke groaned. Steady Eddy, my Steadfast Dwarven Sphere, said nothing.
So I sneak my way though each chapter, taking out seekers and Lurkers alike until I get to the final chapter. Take out seekers reading the wall, pick up third Dragon Aspect word (BOOYAH!) and then bend the flying lizard to my will. We attack some more seekers and lurkers, it takes a LOOONG time, HOW DO YOU FLY THIS THING???

Eventually we fly up to the highest tower and there is that soul stealing son of a B**ch. He walks to me and starts the classic "Bad guy monologue" but I am having none of it and so I shoot an arrow in his knee ( ;) ).

"OOF!" says he. I guess he didn't like that cause he starts attacking me. I guess my newest dragon doesn't like him anymore cause he starts attacking Miraak. I put on my Dragon Aspect Armour (BOOYAH!).... wait a minute *goes into third person to admire said armour* and back to the fight. I get his health down low without incurring much damage myself.
"Hmmm why is this so easy.. I'm on master right? worried frown.. right?
The evil cad kills his own dragon to gain more health back. You Bastard! He does that a further two more times, killing my pet dragon. Now I am really mad. I hit him with all I have. Loosing arrow after Arrow at him. He doesn't have time to utter a word or shout in my direction. Then suddenly Ol' Hermy steps in. Or should I say wriggles in, and finished off Miraak before my eyes. WHAT THE? That was MY KILL!!! You slimy bastard!

Miraak is no more, just a skeleton with creepy flesh hands and feet... err... what the? Well anyway I loot everything that isnt nailed down and take some happy snaps and then leave.

Ok, I think to myself. That was really easy. Wait.. I need to look what level I am on.. Oh Gods I hope I didn't just do that on Adept or something... Go into menu, settings, gameplay... [MASTER]!!! HUZZAH!!

I...AM...AWESOME!!!

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
To be fair, Miraak is one of the biggest pushovers in the game as far as bosses go...

The Ebony Warrrior however... well it's about time I tried to write up the full story.

My most powerful character, Gidian, had done everything there was to do. Or that he cared to do. He was looking for a good end to the journey. Then one day, in all his ponderings, searching, and studies, another dragon attacked Whiterun. And another dragon soul the dragonborn would take. Bored, Gidian charged down the stairs of dragonsreach to meet the beast... only for another to slay it first! The Ebony Warrior SLAYED the dragon in epic fashion, and then issued his challenge. Another warrior, who had achieved everything, and was looking for an honorable and worthy end to it all.

Gidian had some business to take care of before his trip to the mountainside. Some vampires or dragons here, the bandits there. But when he finally neared the mountainside, a troll came falling from the sky, and laid dead at Gidian's feet. The Ebony Warrior had cast the poor fool down the mountainside with the power of his voice.

Gidian now stood before the warrior, him brandishing and admiring a well crafted ebony sword, and Gidian brandishing his dual swords. By unspoken consent, they closed the distance and entered into savage combat.

Unsure of what to expect, the warrior allowed me to have the first strike. And I intended to plant him into the ground with a savage charging power attack. He caught it on his shield with a slight grunt, then roared with laughter and knocked the swords out of my hands with a mighty swing of his shield! As he prepared to Fus Ro Dah me off the cliff, I used my own power to get behind him, delivering a few punches and dodging his shout. He allowed me to retrieve my weapons, and once again, we stood apart, now knowing that we were an even match.

Once more, by unspoken consent, we charged. I, being the faster of us, struck first, briefly staggering him with a charging downward slash, then dancing away from the incoming counterattack. I seized the high ground as he aggressively closed the distance, making his Shout less deadly. Then we were at it again. Back and forth, back and forth, each not being able to gain the advantage over the other. Until I grew careless in my offense, and he disarmed me again, my swords slipping down the mountainside. I quickly retreated, and hastily pulled the shield from my back, and charged him. I had momentum as well as the high ground on my side, and we were both plunged off the side of the cliff, slamming into the ground with tremendous force. We both quickly rolled to our feet, healing our wounds and retrieving our swords before clashing again.

On the more even ground, he was able to make better use of his strength and reach, and I was unable to dodge his attacks with same ease I'd use on the uneven ground of the mountainside. So I stuck with my shield, and we went toe to toe, Titan against Titan, blow for blow, as a storm raged around us, striking everything in the area indiscriminately with lightning. We battled once more back and forth, the fight taking us through the forests. We eventually came through Fort Greenwall, and the bandits that got close were eviscerated by the sheer damage we were putting out, many of them killed by near misses, or simply annoying us to the point of us stopping and killing them. Later on, spriggans and bears and sabre cats tried to take us, only to find that we were not easy prey. The fight continued, almost completely ignoring the gang of bandits and animals that were now joining the fray.

We eventually fell into a nearby River, or rather, we shouted at the same time, and I was thrown into the River while he was thrown backwards into a tree. He got back up and dived in after me. From there, we came by Treva's watch, where more bandits and animals jumped in after us. Of course, our following was steadily being killed off by our near misses. We fought each other back into the river, and we followed it for some time. We eventually got to Lake Gier, where we headed north towards Bonstrewn Crest. There, many giants and mammoths and a dragon got involved. Needless to say, we were the only things that left those springs alive. At one point we were standing on two sides of the top of the crest, and we shouted each other off our respective sides.

We once more fought our way through a river, until the water grew deep and a tall waterfall blocked our progress. We eventually fought our way to the road, and up a hill to Valtheim Towers. The bandits, oddly enough, tried to extract a toll on us. Naturally, we comradely kicked their as*es off the bridge and into the water below, then had an epic duel on the narrow bridge, until we eventually fell in ourselves and fought our way back up, this time heading towards shearpoint. There, we kicked the dragon's as*, and battled our way down the mountain towards Whitewatch tower. The guards watched, but one fool got too close. You can imagine how short a time he lived to regret it. The rest of the guards bravely joined in, though they sadly perished from the proximity. Some more bandits got involved as our duel spilled over into the planes, as well as some of the animals. We weren't doing a very good job of keeping our clash contained...

We fought to the Silent Moons Camp, to the Halted Stream Camp, and then he backed me into a wall known as Whiterun. With nowhere to go, I was forced to trace the walls of the hold around. We tried to keep the citizens and guards out of it, and he let me off the wall so we could direct the fight elsewhere. But... some of the fools still came for us, and it's not our fault the idiots came charging into the tornadic storm that was our duel.

We fought our way through another giant camp, then into another river. We abrubtly changed direction, fighting each other to a stand still, neither of us giving ground, and instead moved sideways. It eventually led us past another giant camp, and onto a road and past Fort Sungard. Then he started gaining ground on me, and forced me up a rough road towards Sunderstone Gorge. I eventually gained the advantage, and pressed him up the hill to the now empty dragon mound. Getting past that, we fought each other into a massive forsworn base, Lost Valley Redoubt, literally dropping in on them. This eventaully led us to Bard's Leap, and we ended up both tumbling over the edge. I got the better of the fall, and smelling blood in the water, I went on the offensive with dual swords, and a lunge with my left sword struck him in the sternum, him now too weakened to react properly. it brought him down to a knee, and in that moment, I looked in his eyes, and I saw that despite our ferocious battle, and despite the result, there had been few moments in his life where he was happier. He had met his match, and could now go to Sovengarde with honor.

But, a warrior true, he would die on his feet, weapon in hand. I helped him to his feet, and we clashed one final time. And there I promised I'd meet him in Sovengarde some day.

(Note, the fight of this scale was VERY tedious, and I roleplayed many aspects of it to make it more interesting. I even added some artificial difficulty for myself. It also took a lot of... what's the word? Prepraration? Anyways, this fight was truly one of the most badas* fights I've ever had in a game, and we literally fought each other into the Reach! I used broken pickpocket enchanted gear to give him a better ebony sword and shield. I'm not sure if it worked, but it definitely seemed to.)

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
My tale begins in castle volkihar, the Dragonborn Vampire Lord Drakul, an insanely powerful combination (yes that's his name until I can think of a better one) I walked out the front door of the castle and took on the form of the vampire lord next thing I know is that the once clear sky turned foggy and snow began to desend to Nirn and it became hard to see through it, I took flight and somehow made my way over to northwatch where I descended upon the walls of the keep and landed swiftly beside an Aldmeri Guard tasked to defend the place before sinking my characters fangs into his scrawny neck.. the night cloak began to surround the vampire lord as idiotic Aldmeri Guards approached their certain Doom after clearing the exterior of the keep...with ease I could not bother going within so I decided to travel up the coast where I encountered noneother then the foolish dawnguard who too walked straight into their impending Doom as the Altmer did before them "Harkons word was indeed true a band of fools wielding crossbows were no match for a scion of the ancient blood" as I continued up the coast I encountrerd some Horkers little did I notice the sun was about to rise I reverted form and drew the bow of the elven god Auriel, pulled out an arrow stained in Serana's blood and unleashing godlike levels of the unholiest of powers I turned the early day into a darkened Night I then retook the form of the lord and took to the skies once again after a lengthy flight I descended into the whiterun plains where I encountered a stray thinblood and their hellbound "Mutt" I made short work of both of them as I sunk my fangs into the thinbloods or shall I say mortal who contracted false Vamprism through a disease's neck (as Harkon would say "they are not true Vampires") and drained them of whatever power they falsely believed they had not long after I approached the broken fang cave where yet another 2 thinbloods and their skeletal horde awaited I cleared the place out of it inhabitants and any loot including a soul gem of blackest night like those blessed by the worm god (black soul gem) and then decided it was time to go home my task was done it is unknown to me what became of that soul gem is it still in my possession somewhere in my inventory? perhaps I misplaced it in a cupboard or I might have sold it alas the world may never know.

(NOTE - yes I really did take flight its the royal bloodline mod and those damn dawnguard do get annoying the seem to attack me in the same spot over and over again and I kill them)

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
My game used to lag a lot awhile ago, so sometimes creatures didn't get a proper skin until they were closer. I saw this strange large thing coming towards me from the distance, raising my sword and shield, I prepared.

Then it came, ears long and fluffy.... and very small. It was quite intense.

The battle went something like this:

Rabbitattack.jpg

rabbit.jpg

killer-bunny-monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-590929_1008_5661.jpg

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts