• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

fleeon

Dark Elf Night Brother, Protector of Nocturnal
Hello!

I realized I missed out on a novice hood in Helgen when I attempted and failed at picking the lock to a cage. Is there one anywhere else, or am I forced to go back to Helgen to retrieve it?

Zephlar

There are a bunch of novice mages who wear them. Just find some random cave with mages in it, you'll find some.

fleeon

There are a bunch of novice mages who wear them. Just find some random cave with mages in it, you'll find some.

Is it bad to go back to Helgen while still being a level 1?
And is it possible to go to that torture room you went through again?

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Novice hoods are everywhere. Get them off a mage like Zephlar said, or just find one randomly. If you go back to Helgan, Bandits will be using the destroyed city as a camp.

fleeon

Hmmm, dunno. Never tried. You should be fine. Save and load lol
YAY! I took faedlan with me expecting some bandits because of some videos I've watched. Encountered no resistance and I got both the hood and the robe.

Zephlar

Good job. If you're a mage you're going to be using that hood for about 15-18 levels unless you get a really lucky score. It's a good hood despite its garmented noobism.

Sent By I Am

High Elf lvl 66
A lot of mages sell them all over the game, mainly in the College of Winterhold, but they are pretty easy to get at any level. The Riverwood Trader also sells them, seeing as how its the first town you go to when you start the game, you should have no problem getting them for cheap.