• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Therin

This is just a fun curiousity question. None of our characters are dragonborn and, to my knowledge, none of them have studied for years with the Greybeards to learn even one Thu'um. However, if your character could know one Shout (and only one), which would it be and why?

Your choices are:

Vanilla Shouts:
    Animal Allegiance
    Aura Whisper
    Become Ethereal
    Call Dragon
    Call of Valor
    Clear Skies
    Disarm
    Dismay
    Dragonrend
    Elemental Fury
    Fire Breath
    Frost Breath
    Ice Form
    Kyne's Peace
    Marked for Death
    Slow Time
    Storm Call
    Throw Voice
    Unrelenting Force
    Whirlwind Sprint

DLC Shouts:
    Battle Fury
    Bend Will
    Cyclone
    Dragon Aspect
    Drain Vitality
    Summon Durnehviir
    Soul Tear

Katastrophe

King of Tales
    Isn't Aura Whisper the one that like the 'Detect Life' spell...? I'd go with that one.

Also, don't feel obligated to wait for fellowknight. He hasn't yet reposted his profile and therefore I haven't yet given him an opener.

Edit: I also apologize for the short and lame NPC posts.
    I was exhausted and stayed up way too late to do that. But I wanted to get it done. Ended up waking up 15 minutes before I had to clock in at work. D:

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
    Gunnbjorn would probably have either Marked for Death as he is a emotionless assassin, or simply just Unrelenting Force as he does tend to scream when he fights.

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
    Wolfbane Did you mean to double post?

Are we not going in a rotation?

Katastrophe I hope you do not mind me taking over the voice of the barmaid, I ended my post with Gunnbjorn asking Jarl Balgruuf. If he needed any help with bandits, the wanted Orc, or dragons. Would you like to control his response in your next post? If so, perhaps you could say that you've already 'assigned someone to deal with the dragon problem' hinting that the Dragonborn is in Bleak Falls Barrow obtaining the Dragon Stone. Also, I noticed in your beginning post, you only mentioned the wanted poster of the Orc in Riften, was it wrong of me to assume his poster would also be in Whiterun as well? Should I change it?

Let me know.

Any feedback on my posts is accepted, if in the future is messes something up, call me out on it.

Comments are welcome as well. :)

Katastrophe

King of Tales
    ooooohhhh rotation. I forgot about that sorry. What was the rotation?
    I'm honestly not all that concerned with rotation at the moment because none of you are able to interact with each other yet. But when you're all involved together, then it'll be a different story.

Therin

Nice! I was afraid we'd lost him.

I'll probably post my next addition tomorrow mid-afternoon. Tues-Thurs are long days for me.

Character Name: Anyanka

Nickname: Anya
    Race: Altmer
    Class: thief

Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 145 lbs.
    Hair: dark red, long, small braid on the right side
    Eyes: green
    Skin: gold

Birth Date: fifth of Frostfall
    Birth Sign: The Tower

Personality: In general, Anya is very tense and quiet around others. She is mostly out for herself and is inclined to believe everyone else is too. She is not prone to call attention to herself and doesn’t much like it when anyone else does it because she prefers the freedom of anonymity. Nord beliefs of fighting to the death frustrate her; though she’ll often chase down anyone who fights her and tries to run, she has no qualms with fleeing if she’s in danger of death. Survival is her overall goal. She’ll do nearly anything, including submitting to authority or following the commands of Daedra, if it means she’ll live. Her only tattoos are the dark, thick lines around her eyes, distinguishing marks she got in her youth and later regretted. The lines of claw marks on her stomach and the bite mark on her shoulder are evidence of a bear attack years earlier. She makes an effort to keep them covered, not out of shame but to avoid questions.

Anya is not one for long-term plans. She’s self-centered before she’s good or evil, but she'll tend to choose the good option if she feels safe to do so. If she has power in a situation, she tends to be more selfless than if she's powerless. Her loyalty is hard to earn and not always steadfast.

She wears regular Thieves Guild armor, boots, and bracers as well as a gold/emerald circlet and an amulet of Talos. Though she has some experience with magic, she prefers melee combat. She wields a hunting bow, an elven sword, and an elven dagger, all stolen. Her arrow stash is made up of pretty much any arrow she can find, but they tend to be mostly steel.

Spells: muffle, candlelight, invisibility, bound sword, healing, flames

Level 50 perk spread: Skyrim Perk Calculator

Background: Anya’s birth parents were rebellious Altmer, which is to say they were quietly against the war with the Nords because they believed it would be better to let the gods punish men for their existence than lose young elves in battle. They formed contacts with traveling merchants to learn what was actually happening in Skyrim since they didn't trust news from their leaders. When the Thalmor began rooting out these traitors, Anya’s parents realized that their infant daughter would either be assimilated or killed. To prevent this, they sent her away with one of those merchants, who brought her to a small group made up of Nords and a single Khajit named Jo'Rakha. The merchant revealed neither his name nor the names of Anya’s parents.

This group raised her, making sure she understood that her parents were victims of the Thalmor and that Skyrim belonged to the Nords. They gave her a Nordic name and a strong belief in Talos, but more importantly, they taught her how to steal and kill quietly to get what she needed. Though these Nords were willing to defy the law, they still clung to an honor code, whereas Jo'Rakha taught her to forget honor and take what she wanted instead.

When she was twenty, the group stopped to camp, and a small battalion of Thalmor found them. As a matter of pride, the Nords refused to admit that Talos was a false god, so the Thalmor attacked and killed them. Jo'Rakha was badly wounded in the fight, and he died trying to escape. Anya managed to slip away only because she stole the robes from a dead Thalmor.

She wandered Skyrim alone for many years, stealing and hiding out to survive. When she encountered others, she pretended to be mute rather than speak and reveal her accent, an odd mixture of Nord and Khajit. At twenty-two, she was attacked by a bear in the woods, and she barely survived the encounter.

She made her way to Riftin when she was twenty-seven, fully intending to join the Thieves Guild. After a few months of increasingly dangerous and valuable thefts, the guild took notice of her. They brought her in and honed her skills both in theft and combat. She became very capable with bows, mainly because they allowed for stealth attacks, and in melee combat, she learned to dual wield a sword and a dagger.

Presently, she resides in Riftin, sleeping in the Cistern of the Ragged Flagon. She has minimal mage training, but she doesn’t much care to fight with magic even in situations where magic may be a good option. She bears a strong resentment toward Nordic pride, believing her adopted family abandoned her for it. Thus, she thinks Ulfric Stormcloak will destroy Skyrim, but she has no current inclination to get involved with the war.

Factions:
    The Order: unknown
    Thalmor: really, really hates
    Imperial Legion: basically neutral, but prefers them to Stormcloaks
    Stormcloaks: tolerates
    Falmer: dislikes
    Reachmen: dislikes

The Guilds:
    Thieves Guild: loyal member
    Companions: not a member, thinks their honor code is stupid
    Mages College: not a member
    Dark Brotherhood: interested in joining, not a member

Starting Location: Riftin

RP Sample: Anya browses Grelka’s stand, carefully inspecting the hunting bow on display, looking for flaws and distinguishing marks. Grelka eyes her, either annoyed or suspicious, likely both.

“Are you planning on buying it or just gawking all day?” she snaps. Anya raises her eyes without answering, holding Grelka’s gaze until it bores her, and then drifts away into the crowd. She glances at Brynjolf and drifts to the small wall behind the stands, tugging her hood over her head and sliding to the ground next to the beggars.

A withered, dirty old man elbows her. “Spare some gold? One gold, just one.” She ignores him, so he elbows harder. “Gold, I said, gold!” She pushes his arm away, hissing, and he tumbles to the side, yelling incoherently about the injustice of poverty. She tenses, worried someone will take notice, but everyone pushes past him until he moves back to his spot, mumbling to himself. She tilts her head and listens as Brynjolf discusses bows with a finesse she never could, rolling her eyes at Grelka’s harsh responses. He asks her to describe each weapon, prodding for unnecessary details, and Anya can imagine the amusement on his face as Grelka grows slowly angrier.

“Buy or leave!” she growls. “I have better things to do than talk you through basic weapons!” Anya hears Brynjolf jingle his pockets, a signal, and she slithers up against a barrel next to the wall. “I think I’d like this bow, then,” he says, counting out each septim carefully. Grelka shoves the gold into a bag, unlocks the safe beneath her stand, throws the bag inside, and pockets the key. Brynjolf takes the bow, and while he continues to irritate Grelka with his charming appreciation of her services, Anya slips her hand into Grelka’s pocket, removes the key, and moves through the crowd into the temple, where she knows she won’t be bothered.

Her heart is pounding, more than she’d like to admit, so she lowers her head and pretends to pay her respects to Dibella to regain her composure. A few others dot the pews, many of them, Anya suspects, only there to avoid Riften’s cool weather. She plays with the key, tracing the contours with her eyes closed, half listening to the low, muttered prayers until night falls, and the priests shoo everyone out. She goes reluctantly, filtering out with the rest and returning to her place near the low wall with the other beggars.

She listens for Grelka to stomp away, footsteps echoing on the stone, and when the guards wander past, Anya creeps around the wall, crouching low. She reaches Grelka’s stand, picks open the basic lock on the grate, and uses the key to reach the gold inside. She stuffs the bag into her ragged shirt, pinning it to her body with one arm, and closes the grate. She avoids the guards, nearly throwing herself down the stairs and into the Ratway, running until an arm appears and yanks her into an alley.

“There, lass,” says Brynjolf quietly, smirking. “Got the money?” She takes out the gold and drops it in his hand, and he nods. “You’re good. We could use someone like you. Come down to the Ragged Flagon, we’ll get you some real armor instead of these rags. And here.” He hands her the hunting bow. “You’ll need a weapon.”

Therin

HeRadio,

Nice writing sample. You'll make a nice addition, I think.

Rex,

You're more than welcome to follow after me, but I will probably post more material, less often. I'm thinking around adding a post every three days or so, but they'll be substantial. So, if you'd rather post more often than that, please feel free to exclude me in the rotation. As long as time passes at about the same speed, it shouldn't matter so much.

For instance, my character has just spent the last two weeks travelling over a mountain range. He's not going to jump right into a quest the moment he gets into Markarth (if he has anything to say about it), so the first day (my first post) will probably just be walking around Markarth getting a feel for the area (and written in only one post). So, it may take Wolfbane or Gunnbjorn a couple of posts to get through the first day, it'll only take me one.

Rextoret

top kek
    Therin- Whatever your posting schedule may be, I'll follow in rotation. Sadly, the Order is taking the back-burner for me. I'm running my own RP as well as being active in multiple others. Not to mention my Elder Scrolls races database and real-life.

heliumradio- Great job on your CC. If you just put some more formatting and information, I'm sure it will become great. If you need any help on anything here, I'll be glad to help. P.S.- I hope you like RPing!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts