• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Katastrophe

King of Tales
    Welcome aboard, Helium.

I'll be adding a post tonight to get everyone caught to speed, which will include an intro post for you. I'll also try to update all the little... header posts. Tiny details like a list of where everyone is is nice, but only if I update it. :p

Helium, if you have a color you'd like to use, let me know. No rush on that, though.

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
    Welcome aboard, Helium.

I'll be adding a post tonight to get everyone caught to speed, which will include an intro post for you. I'll also try to update all the little... header posts. Tiny details like a list of where everyone is is nice, but only if I update it. :p

Helium, if you have a color you'd like to use, let me know. No rush on that, though.

Kat, did you notice my recent post? Gunnbjorn is speaking to Jarl Balgruuf, are you to be the one that controls what he says?

Katastrophe

King of Tales
    Kat, did you notice my recent post? Gunnbjorn is speaking to Jarl Balgruuf, are you to be the one that controls what he says?
    Yes I do. Also, for the record, I had not intended for the BlackTooth poster to be outside of Riften, since I hadn't mentioned it. But it's not a problem - I can explain it's mysterious appearance and you're more then welcome to pursue it, if you'd like.

Katastrophe

King of Tales
    Oh, Helium - scratch what I said before.
    Since you're also in Riften, you can start whenever you'd like. The posts I've made for Sorex also apply for you, since it's the same location. Because of that, a post order will have to take effect for you two and me, when necessary.

I won't necessarily feel compelled to post unless the two of you interact with the environment. If you're just walking and talking, my posting isn't necessary. If I see an opportunity to jump in and prevent you with something, I will post in the OOC thread here and ask you to hold your post until I can make one. :)

Rextoret

top kek
    I'm all good with that. Perhaps heluim's character can meet up with Sorex, I currently am too busy to get him off his butt on my own.

Therin

Well, as long as you're busy, Rex, I don't feel too bad holding you up with my post. I wanted to get something up today, but...well, honestly, I got lost in Youtubeland for...hours this afternoon. I have started writing it, and I will finish it tomorrow. Promise.

I'm all good with that. Perhaps heluim's character can meet up with Sorex, I currently am too busy to get him off his butt on my own.

Posted. Harass her as you see fit.

Welcome aboard, Helium.

I like the green, #339966, if it's not taken. Don't think it is.

All right, question from the RP baby: I see a rotation of some kind mentioned above, so should I wait on Katastrophe to post before I do? Also, is there some dude named fellowknight in this too?

Therin

I'm not 100% sure about if/how a rotation is being enforced. As for fellowknight, he submitted a CC back in another OCC thread, but hasn't expressed an interest since the RP started.

Therin

It is. You should post a character card, Skyrim perk calculator of your talents, and a 500 word sample RP (can be linked from a previous RP), and Kat will let you know if you're in.

Sierra312

Excellent, I can do that :)

Character Description: Can be found linked in my signature.

Faction Relationships:
    The Thieves Guild - Neutral, although dislikes thieves on principle
    The Companions - Knows them to be honourable warriors
    The College of Winterhold - Was taken there by his father when he was young to look for evidence of magical talent, however, while capable of harnessing the power of magicka, the young Redguard struggled to master even the simplest spell
    The Dark Brotherhood - Cares little for assassins
    The Order - Knows nothing about them
    The Imperial Legion - Believes in the need for a strong, united Empire, respects the Legion
    The Stormcloaks - Sympathises with the nobler sentiments of their cause, but knows the rebellion is weakening both Skyrim and the Empire
    The Thalmor - Resents the oppression and tyranny they have come to represent
    The Falmer - Understands they were not always the twisted beings they have become, and pities them somewhat, but finds their savagery and practices abhorrent
    The Forsworn - Acknowledges they are not the monsters or barbarians they are painted as, and understands both sides of the Nord-Reachmen conflict; despises the cycle of violence that now perpetuates in Markarth and the surrounding lands
    Writing sample: Many such examples can be found in my first roleplay, A Legend of Lies, linked in my character signature. Some of these posts also reveal more facets of my characters personality than are described here, as well as some scenes expressing his views on the Forsworn and other parties.

Katastrophe

King of Tales
    heliumradio - That color is fine, I'll edit everything together in a moment. Also, in regards to the post order/rotation... here's the deal on how that all works.

Because everyone is so far apart, I'm not enforcing any sort of post order or rotation. This will only be enforced as characters come together and are in the same area. This is why I asked people (at the very least) put their character's location (and possibly a general description of what they're doing) at the top of each post... so that everyone knows "Oh, they're around me, I should get into a rotation" or "They're nowhere near me, they have no effect on when I should post."

So since you and Rextoret are in the same area, you should develop a posting order between you two. Do not concern yourselves with me, unless one of you decides to interact with a major NPC. Like I've said, simple conversations are fine for everyone to control some NPCs but the big names, Jarls and Guild leaders... hands off. ;) That said, once you start interacting with another person, just RP between yourselves. I won't interfere unless I think it's necessary (you enter a new area and I can provide you with a description of your new surroundings to help open doors to new possibilities) or if I see something I can play with.

Please, don't feel the need to wait for me or check with me before you post. Have faith that even if you make a mistake or mess up my plan, I can recover seamlessly. If I see an oppertunity, I'll post in the OOC thread and tag all involved saying "Please wait" or whatever. But obviously, I might miss my chance to work... but I'll work it out in the end.

As for Sierra312 - Just skimmed the first few pages of the RP and didn't really see anything that looked to be 500 words. What I did see, however, was consistency and quality and for that, I approve. All I ask is that you perhaps include a direct link to your character card and the RP (or a selected sample) to the actual post itself. Just in the event you ever change your signature for whatever reason... It's not a big deal or something that needs to be done immediately, or even before you start. I'm just OCD. :p

Also, do you have a color selected? Again, a small detail.

Edit: Also, to everyone, if any of you ever feel the need or desire to adjust something in your character card... whether it's formatting or your opinion/stance in particular factions/guilds... feel free to just edit the original. Please don't repost it. I welcome these little changes, so feel free to make it your project if you so desire.

Edit 2: Also, fellowknight was previously accepted but has since shown no interest. I've removed him from the initial post for now.

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    No no! I'm here, i was about to post last night but never got around to it! Rest assure i'm still interested!

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    Name: Barnan Frand

Race: Breton

Class: Ranger

Looks:
    tumblr_mgubkqhrol1qzwtdlo1_500-jpg.3944

Personality: Courageous,Cautious,Cunning. He has all the aspects of a ranger that you'd expect,yet........more. No matter what he's been through,there's always been one sure thing on his side.....luck.

Factions:
    The Order: Quite a mystery to him.

Thalmor: Dislike

Imperial Legion: Neutral

Stormcloaks: Neutral

Falmer: Dislike

Reachmen: He believes they are both Independent and Crazy.

Guilds:
    Thieves Guild: He was once a member

Mages Guild: Hates them

Companions: Dislikes them

Dark Brotherhood: First guild he ever joined,learned alot from them.

Starting Location: Solitude, Blue Palace

Perk Spread: Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!

Weapons: He is faithful to his Longsword,Gladius,and his Bow,Geldain. He uses both very effectively and very often. He also carries up to four small,but deadly,throwing daggers.

Fighting Style: He fights cautiously yet strategically. He has lead,started,and over all,won, many battles. He mainly prefers the shadows to the direct approach. "Easier,saves on both time and men. Even a blind old man would know this."

Skills: He,as you can guess,is a Master of Archery, Expert of One-Handed, Journeyman of Sneak, and Adept of Light Armor.

Bio: He was born and raised in High Rock,in a village near The City Of Daggerfall. He had a very serious childhood,mostly because his father told him of his future as a soldier. So the days went on,long and brutal,but he endured and sometimes,thrived,in this driving chaos. When he came of age,eight-teen,he was sent to Daggerfall city to serve as a guard. He was trained for two long months,along with twenty other men. Some failed ,and were sent back to their homes,drenched in mud,sweat,and anger. Others,like him,passed all the trials,and rose,victorious.

After serving five years,he received a letter saying that he,and five others,had been selected to join the King's Personal Protection. They arrived in the hall and were immediatly trained further,learning skills they had all never known existed. For another two months,he and the other five trained in the special arts of force. He and the others had only been serving five years,when a group of Rangers attacked the city. Gothryd,the king, Called them to his service,and they arrived shortly before the main hall was breached. They had only time to draw their swords,before they men crowded the throne room and began killing. Barnan could only watch as the others fell and His king was ravagely beheaded. He was taken captive,and trained by the rangers. After his training,which took two years, he was thrown in with other trainee rangers,and they were all forced to fight. "Survive," they said,"And you will complete your training,Die and we throw your body to the wolves." Barnan mad it to the last round,with only him,an Argonian,and an Imperial. They all fought well,but not well enough. Scarred but victorious,Barnan left the arena and hopefully the life of the ranger.

But,his past hunted him,so did the rangers. And when they found him,he made a daring escape and Assassinated their captain. The leader was furious,to say the very,very least,and he routed all his forces to Barnan's location. So with the help of a local village,he raided,or breached at least, the citadel. Many were slaughtered and the rest fell back,but they had bought Barnan enough time to reach the Leader's office. From there,he barley escaped,but he wounded the leader greatly and forced him to flee. So he tracked him,for five years he tracked him,all the way to Skyrim.

He sighed,seeing the vast,chaotic province. He checked his quiver,readied his sword,and crossed the south entrance,into skyrim.

Quote: I am a fighter. I believe in that which is right, and the truth is, i have been the Lone Ranger for the past Five years and i will not give up the fight, not yet.