The Ratway Inhabitants (very minor spoilers)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
yes they will always attack each and every time you go through there "which will be a lot if you're doing thieves guild quests" so its really not worth the hassle to try an keep them alive.. best to just kill them and get it over with. i always clear out the ratway before starting thieves guild quests.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Which there's no skill for. :'(

But if you use the Fortify Unarmed enckantment on some guantlets and get the Fist of Steel(heavy armor) perk. Unarmed can be a lot of fun.

Or you could just use the Alchemy exploit in order to end up dealing 1 hit KO's. :D
Who do you thing ya are? Tyson? What fun is there in one-hits (well, except in the case of the Death Lords). Maybe that's why I don't use exploits. I end up with one-hit weapons by level 30 anyhow, which means I have to up my difficulty. FAH...

Tyer032392

I hate them all, except for Esbern though. That is why I usually kill all of them, especially the chef who wants to eat me.

JoeReese

But if you use the Fortify Unarmed enckantment on some guantlets and get the Fist of Steel(heavy armor) perk. Unarmed can be a lot of fun.

Or you could just use the Alchemy exploit in order to end up dealing 1 hit KO's. :D
Who do you thing ya are? Tyson? What fun is there in one-hits (well, except in the case of the Death Lords). Maybe that's why I don't use exploits. I end up with one-hit weapons by level 30 anyhow, which means I have to up my difficulty. FAH...

Well, you don't have to use the exploit, but you can still disenchant the gloves and add it to a ring or something, or even your gauntlets. With an enchanter's elixir and a high enchanting skill, you can still throw some decent fist, and you'd be pleasantly surprised at the cinematics that come with unarmed finishers.

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.

Well, you don't have to use the exploit, but you can still disenchant the gloves and add it to a ring or something, or even your gauntlets. With an enchanter's elixir and a high enchanting skill, you can still throw some decent fist, and you'd be pleasantly surprised at the cinematics that come with unarmed finishers.
Yes the unarmed kill cams are the best.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I hate them all, except for Esbern though. That is why I usually kill all of them, especially the chef who wants to eat me.

You even kill the Great War veteran who is mentally ruined due to the war? He may be nuts, but he was in a war. You salute that crazy bastard, he's an ex Legion Officer with medals no less, he was given a medal that had a face on it. Must be a pretty fancy medal.

I like it when he spots the Thalmor and yells "No, you can't be here! You're all dead! I already killed you over and over!"

Daelon DuLac

Hmm... very interesting....

Ted_The_Soap

Disciple of Arkay

I have a ring. I can't remember what it's called at the moment because i'm playing Oblivion right now. It does a couple dozen million damage for unarmed.

Atz

I always leave the poor deaf lady alive.... but every thing else gets the shaft ( like in Arrow ) :p

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation

You even kill the Great War veteran who is mentally ruined due to the war? He may be nuts, but he was in a war. You salute that crazy bastard, he's an ex Legion Officer with medals no less, he was given a medal that had a face on it. Must be a pretty fancy medal.

I like it when he spots the Thalmor and yells "No, you can't be here! You're all dead! I already killed you over and over!"
not my fault he went up against the might of the stormcloak army, got spanked and sent home cryin.. war is hell son, ESPECIALLY when you choose the wrong side and now he must pay the consequences for his actions. ;)
doyouseewhatIkilled_zps638cdfae.jpg

Tyer032392

not my fault he went up against the might of the stormcloak army, got spanked and sent home cryin.. war is hell son, ESPECIALLY when you choose the wrong side and now he must pay the consequences for his actions. ;)

That is not the war he is talking about, it is the Great War. You know, the war with the same people who would totally rape the hell out of the Stormcloaks in a heart-beat as they are nothing more than a militia.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
Hey all. I'm new here. Sorry if this has been asked before - I searched, but could not find any relevant discussion.

As you enter the Ratway, there's a couple of fella's standing near the entrance, a guy called Gian the Fist or something like that further in, and an unnamed "Lowlife" near the Ragged Flagon.

My question is, do these guys always aggro on sight? They're not too tough or anything, but I just would prefer not to kill them.

The guys by the entrance at least seem to be trying to join the Thieves Guild, so as fellow Thieves Guild noobs, I don't want to kill them. Gian the Fist seems like a crazy bum, so I don't see why I should kill him. And the Lowlife I unfortunately had to take out, I sneaked past him successfully, but as I left the Ragged Flagon after talking to Brynjolf, he was two feet from the door, staring at it, and attacked me immediately. I led him back inside and the Thieves Guild killed him.

Tl;dr - Is there any way to have the two guys by the entrance of the ratway and the other inhabitants not aggro on sight?

I wouldn't be above using the console either I guess. Is there a command for un-aggro NPC?

Thanks.
>> They will attack on sight because you are entering their habitat and you are not taking advantage of the situation by not killing Gian the Fist; he has a pair of gloves that if you disenchant, you can use that enchantment to create your own gloves that most likely you will need to kill the other dragonborn. At the same time, you are missing to collect valuable items from their corpses that you can sell, use ( wear ) or disenchant.
Killing or not, is optional but the way I see it is that if you want to succeed in the game which is setup to kill or be killed, you must take lives, especially when you are being attacked. Just my 2 cents .... :)

Reactions: Atz

JoeReese

"not my fault he went up against the might of the stormcloak army, got spanked and sent home cryin.. war is hell son, ESPECIALLY when you choose the wrong side and now he must pay the consequences for his actions. ;)"

Riften, by default, is a pro-Stormcloak city. Remember, the Imperials change jarls if you give it to them. Even if the veteran had been of the current war, he'd most likely have been a Stormcloak soldier, rather than Imperial. That being said, if he is a Great War veteran, then he fought the elves, as did most humans. Still...

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Might of the Stormcloak army? The mighty Stormcloaks can barely hold their own against Auxiliary Legionnaires, new recruits who joined recently. Rikke calls the Legion in Skyrim a 'Militia'. Probably only take less than half a standard Legion to wipe out every last Stormcloak :p

JoeReese

Oops...I see now that he is listed as an Imperial. My mistake, talkin' out my arse. Though it also clarifies that he did fight the elves. I knew he didn't like them, because if you're near him when the Thalmor attack, he'll go right after them.

Tyer032392

An edit to my original post, I never knew that the crazy man who was in the Legion was even living in the ratway warrens to begin with, so I never even knew he existed. He is perhaps the only person who I actually let live in the warrens, if the Thalmor do not kill him that is.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation

Might of the Stormcloak army? The mighty Stormcloaks can barely hold their own against Auxiliary Legionnaires, new recruits who joined recently. Rikke calls the Legion in Skyrim a 'Militia'. Probably only take less than half a standard Legion to wipe out every last Stormcloak :p
they sure as hell hold their own whenever i play, i've done the stormcloak questline over a hundred times and have watched as a single stormcloak took out 3 or 4 single handed.. screw the roman thalmor boot licking army!

Daelon DuLac

they sure as hell hold their own whenever i play, i've done the stormcloak questline over a hundred times and have watched as a single stormcloak took out 3 or 4 single handed.. screw the roman thalmor boot licking army!
Dem Stormies are good eatin' too! I like it when my prey puts up a good fight. :)

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
"not my fault he went up against the might of the stormcloak army, got spanked and sent home cryin.. war is hell son, ESPECIALLY when you choose the wrong side and now he must pay the consequences for his actions. ;)"

Riften, by default, is a pro-Stormcloak city. Remember, the Imperials change jarls if you give it to them. Even if the veteran had been of the current war, he'd most likely have been a Stormcloak soldier, rather than Imperial. That being said, if he is a Great War veteran, then he fought the elves, as did most humans. Still...
exactly, thats why i'm skeptical of him being an ex imperial, if what drunken says is true and he really did fight the thalmor than he's an ex stormcloak NOT a legionare, why would an imperial soldier attack one of their allies? nah.. thats just imperial fanboy nonsense.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts