The Ratway Inhabitants (very minor spoilers)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tyer032392

exactly, thats why i'm skeptical of him being an ex imperial, if what drunken says is true and he really did fight the thalmor than he's an ex stormcloak NOT a legionare, why would an imperial soldier attack one of their allies? nah.. thats just imperial fanboy nonsense.

Let's see if what you said is really the truth.

Salvanius

"They were golden, even when they were dead. But their blood was red. I knew it would be"

"Their fires lit up the night, all across lake Rumare, like stars come to Earth. *Sigh* It was beautiful really"

These two line by themselves proves that he was in the Imperial Legion during the Great War. The Great War really screwed a lot of people up mentally, especially a court Mage for Dawnstar who would always remember "The smell of Burning Flesh. The sight of magic ripping apart the young Elven men and women. I will never use magic to harm another being again."

Also, Lake Rumare is the lake that surrounds the Imperial City, hinting that he was either defending the city or retaking it.

Edit: Salvanius also happens to have an Imperial Legion Officers helmet in his room as well.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Lake_Rumare

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Lake_Rumare

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
exactly, thats why i'm skeptical of him being an ex imperial, if what drunken says is true and he really did fight the thalmor than he's an ex stormcloak NOT a legionare, why would an imperial soldier attack one of their allies? nah.. thats just imperial fanboy nonsense.

Salvanius

"They were golden, even when they were dead. But their blood was red. I knew it would be"

"Their fires lit up the night, all across lake Rumare, like stars come to Earth. *Sigh* It was beautiful really"

These two line by themselves proves that he was in the Imperial Legion during the Great War. The Great War really screwed a lot of people up mentally, especially a court Mage for Dawnstar who would always remember "The smell of Burning Flesh. The sight of magic ripping apart the young Elven men and women. I will never use magic to harm another being again."

Also, Lake Rumare is the lake that surrounds the Imperial City, hinting that he was either defending the city or retaking it.

Edit: Salvanius also happens to have an Imperial Legion Officers helmet in his room as well.

I agree with you. I believed him when he said he was a former Imperial soldier and I never kill him (although I do kill the deaf chick - she's dangerous!). The great war was hell on so many. I don't blame him for hating the Thalmor. I don't think most Imperials currently are very fond of them either. Just afraid.

Tyer032392

Salvanius

I agree with you. I believed him when he said he was a former Imperial soldier and I never kill him (although I do kill the deaf chick - she's dangerous!). The great war was hell on so many. I don't blame him for hating the Thalmor. I don't think most Imperials currently are very fond of them either. Just afraid.

I tend to agree with you on that aspect. I really don't actually think the Empire loves the Thalmor and is hinted in Skyrim as gearing up with another showdown with the Aldmeri Dominion.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation

Salvanius

hmm.. interesting that they would war with their own allies, either way i don't care, the imperial legion is evil, plain and simple.. you get proof of this the second you press start and they try to kill you, then you learn they wanna kill the stormcloaks just for wanting to fight back a group of elves who want to enslave them, then you learn that these imperials are also enforcing the law of these creeps! and if that weren't bad enough they wanna ban freedom of religion! and the only proof yall have is "b..b..b..but the bear of markarth book says ulfric is bad" wow! did you also know that he was tortured by the thalmor? yea... the same thalmor the legion is allied with.. lol how much proof do you need that they are clearly NOT the "good guys" here? the only reason all you imperial fanboys like them is cause everyone else does, its the whole "look at me i'm coolz too!" complex.. me? i've just never given a damn about peer pressure, i choose the side of good over evil in ALL aspects, regardless of numbers and i personally think half of you guys agree with me, you're just too afraid of being "shunned" by the cool club to admit it..

Daelon DuLac

Salvanius

hmm.. interesting that they would war with their own allies, either way i don't care, the imperial legion is evil, plain and simple.. you get proof of this the second you press start and they try to kill you, then you learn they wanna kill the stormcloaks just for wanting to fight back a group of elves who want to enslave them, then you learn that these imperials are also enforcing the law of these creeps! and if that weren't bad enough they wanna ban freedom of religion! and the only proof yall have is "b..b..b..but the bear of markarth book says ulfric is bad" wow! did you also know that he was tortured by the thalmor? yea... the same thalmor the legion is allied with.. lol how much proof do you need that they are clearly NOT the "good guys" here? the only reason all you imperial fanboys like them is cause everyone else does, its the whole "look at me i'm coolz too!" complex.. me? i've just never given a damn about peer pressure, i choose the side of good over evil in ALL aspects, regardless of numbers and i personally think half of you guys agree with me, you're just too afraid of being "shunned" by the cool club to admit it..
Well they're better than the Stormies. Xenophobic, racist, biggotted, insulting, short sighted a**holes with a leader that is a murderer with a God Complex? I guess you could say that neither side is all that great.
It's just a game for goodness sake. Do like I do. Kill every Thalmor, Vigilan, Imperial soldier or Storm Cloak opeartive you run across and leave it at that.
Hey, I never said I wanted to be a hero. I just want to kill things. :)

Tyer032392

In all of the Elder Scrolls games, you start off as a prisoner. In ES IV and ES V, you are a prisoner of the Imperials. This does not make the Imperials automatically "evil" as you put it. Also, at the start of the game, you are a criminal; for what is not known.

According to Ralof

"Hey you, you walked right into that Imperial ambush, just like us and that horse thief over there."

According to Ulfric

"As long as your criminal activity stays in the past, I will have not quarrels with you."

On the other hand you have Tullius who will pardon the Dragonborn stating that

"I am sure your execution was just one terrible misunderstanding" hinting that he was unaware that the Dragonborn was not with the Stormcloaks and that the Imperial Legate at Helgan had overstepped her authority.

So, according to Ulfric, the Dragonborn is really not all that innocent as many believe. What he had done is up for debate, but he did do something illegal and when walking into the ambush, was automatically assumed to be part of Ulfrics guard. But hey, that is just how Bethesda starts their games out anyways.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation

Salvanius

Well they're better than the Stormies. Xenophobic, racist, biggotted, insulting, short sighted a**holes with a leader that is a murderer with a God Complex? I guess you could say that neither side is all that great.
It's just a game for goodness sake. Do like I do. Kill every Thalmor, Vigilan, Imperial soldier or Storm Cloak opeartive you run across and leave it at that.
1st, every insult you listed is complete and utter bs, merely fanboy nonsense made up to demonize them.. opinions aren't facts m8.
and yes unlike some on here "i won't mention names but you know who you are" i don't get all butthurt over a videogame, except dark souls.. "no comment on that one, long story" but when i read posts of people trying to glorify a group whom are clearly villains by the story it blows my mind... perhaps some people just have a very twisted version of good and bad.
example- and i've asked this before, all the imperial fanboys change the subject in one way or another when i've done so.. the thalmor wish to take over skyrim and enslave its people? well... what would you have them do? just sit there and let it happen? the answer- if you're in agreement to the legion thats exactly what you should do. see my point?

Daelon DuLac

1st, every insult you listed is complete and utter bs, merely fanboy nonsense made up to demonize them.. opinions aren't facts m8.
and yes unlike some on here "i won't mention names but you know who you are" i don't get all butthurt over a videogame, except dark souls.. "no comment on that one, long story" but when i read posts of people trying to glorify a group whom are clearly villains by the story it blows my mind... perhaps some people just have a very twisted version of good and bad.
example- and i've asked this before, all the imperial fanboys change the subject in one way or another when i've done so.. the thalmor wish to take over skyrim and enslave its people? well... what would you have them do? just sit there and let it happen? the answer- if you're in agreement to the legion thats exactly what you should do. see my point?
I always do this so don't take me too seriously. Frankly I don't really stand for one side or another, I just like needling people.
Each insult is based on a specific comment or action taken by a specific NPC and I'm applying them across the board to all members of the group (I've done the same for the Imperials previously).
As to your example. I don't think the Thalmor want to take over Skyrim and enslave it's people. I think they just revel in their ability to put the screws to people. I really don't think they could give 2 figs about the people in general.
Not a fanboy, just pot stirrer. Just like in real life I like to get the tempest in the teapot going. It leads to some fabu conversations and discussions.
BTW - yes, I have a very twisted version of good and bad, especially in SR since it's so vague. I always say: I would never steal from anyone so I make a lousy thief. Murder them and loot their carcass, that's the way to go.
:)

JoeReese

Because the Legion is who was fighting the elves during the great war. Remember, the White-Gold Concordat is the treaty the Imperials had to sign in order to survive. The elves had them, hands down. If you talk to all the imperial NPCs you can get dialog with, there's a pattern of "just wait til we're strong again."

AS88

Staff member

DrunkenMage, deal with him.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
lol once again i prove yall wrong with lore facts, yall respond by making up your own story.. why am i not surprised? :rolleyes:
i'm done with this conversation, you guys are hopeless, i give up..

Daelon DuLac

lol once again i prove yall wrong with lore facts, yall respond by making up your own story.. why am i not surprised? :rolleyes:
Oh stop with the gloating. We all know you're a lore master. That's why we luv ya, even if you do make us (or at least me) feel like an idiot 1/2 the time. :)

Dovahkiir

Thank you all so much for the replies!

After understanding more about these no good Ratway parasites, I've relinquished my qualms about killing them and pierced both their skulls with arrows. Fools, trying to undermine the Thieves Guild... for trying to fleece the Thieves Guild anyway.

Personally I couldn't care less about the thieves guild, as the saying goes theres no honour amongst thieves. They're good for identifying mysterious stones and fencing stolen items and thats about it.

I hate them all, except for Esbern though. That is why I usually kill all of them, especially the chef who wants to eat me.

You even kill the Great War veteran who is mentally ruined due to the war? He may be nuts, but he was in a war. You salute that crazy bastard, he's an ex Legion Officer with medals no less, he was given a medal that had a face on it. Must be a pretty fancy medal.

I like it when he spots the Thalmor and yells "No, you can't be here! You're all dead! I already killed you over and over!"

He tried to kill me, ergo he dies. Sorry but thats the way it is. Probably doing the world a favour, who knows how many others he's killed in his madness. probably doing him a favour too. Rabid dogs are put out of their misery, after all.

AS88

Staff member
Oh stop with the gloating. We all know you're a lore master. That's why we luv ya, even if you do make us (or at least me) feel like an idiot 1/2 the time. :)

Wait.. Are you serious?

Daelon DuLac

Tyer032392

Wait.. Are you serious?

I don't think he is being serious.

AS88

Staff member

AS88

Staff member

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Thalmor and Empire allies? No, they're preparing for another round of fighting. As for your 'fanboy nonsense' http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Great_War Gain some facts.

hmm.. interesting that they would war with their own allies, either way i don't care, the imperial legion is evil, plain and simple.. you get proof of this the second you press start and they try to kill you, then you learn they wanna kill the stormcloaks just for wanting to fight back a group of elves who want to enslave them, then you learn that these imperials are also enforcing the law of these creeps!

They're not allies. They did war with each other and they are going to war with each other once more. You also learn the Thalmor are behind the Civil War and were in Helgen trying to save Ulfric Stormcloak.

"In Elder Scrolls IV you start in prison and if you want to think you’re a good character then this is obviously a mistake." - Todd Howard

and if that weren't bad enough they wanna ban freedom of religion! and the only proof yall have is "b..b..b..but the bear of markarth book says ulfric is bad" wow! did you also know that he was tortured by the thalmor? yea... the same thalmor the legion is allied with.. lol how much proof do you need that they are clearly NOT the "good guys" here? the only reason all you imperial fanboys like them is cause everyone else does, its the whole "look at me i'm coolz too!" complex.. me? i've just never given a damn about peer pressure, i choose the side of good over evil in ALL aspects, regardless of numbers and i personally think half of you guys agree with me, you're just too afraid of being "shunned" by the cool club to admit it..

The Nords were able to worship Talos in secret, which majority of them did without any issues for twenty six years. The White-Gold Concordat is temporary, not forever. Siding with the Stormcloaks however, you're accepting racial segregation, slavery & still banning freedom of religion.

Don't be pointing fingers when the Stormcloaks practice the same and worse.

Thalmor intend to take over Tamriel, Skyrim isn't that important right now. The Thalmor are hardly enslaving all of Skyrim and taking it over with one embassy and a few Agents. If that is your thoughts on the matter, I would of personally have been more concerned about the Aldmeri Dominion's army.

The Thalmor gain from a weakened Empire, I tend to like not giving the Thalmor what they want.

The Thalmor can't take over Skyrim because the Legion is stopping them, nearly the entire Imperial army is on the Dominion's border preparing for war, staring down the Dominion's forces. And you're going on about a couple of Thalmor in Skyrim.

Not all people have a twisted view, though didn't you casually dismiss racial segregation in another debate?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts