• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Skyrimosity

*STICKIED 1st POST*

It has been 5 years since Alduin and the fabled Dovahkiin battled in Sovngarde. Neither Alduin nor the Dragonborn were ever seen past that day.

The civil war has increased in magnitude as the Empire sends more and more men, only encouraging more local Nords to take up the cause of the Stormcloaks. The war is a stalemate.

There are ever-increasing numbers of Thalmor patrols entering Skyrim, attempting to enforce the law that no one worship Talos.

In Rorikstead, a quiet farmer named Edwyn lived a happy life with his beloved wife Muiri. He had met Muiri in The Hag's Cure during his days of adventure and fell in love. Muiri confessed to Edwyn that she worshiped Talos illegally. Edwyn told Muiri he did as well so their love was cemented. They lived a happy quiet life running a farm and small produce stand in Rorikstead.

Then one day, a Thalmor patrol came. Muiri did something that Edwyn would never understand. Muiri ran at them shouting that Talos would never forgive them. The Thalmor dragged her away.
    Edwyn has since spent his time watching carefully the happenings of Rorikstead, checking the inns and watching the streets for adventurers that could help him to hunt down Patrols in an attempt to find his love.

(Please keep in mind that the cities are larger than depicted in Skyrim. Population influx from Empire)

----------------------------------------------------Rules

1. No godding (outrageously over powered characters), no killing forum members characters (unless expressly agreed upon by all players involved), or saying so and so robs store of all goods, ruining the experience of other people.

2.All posts should be relevant to the RP, except for stuff in Out of Character comments
    Example:
    OOC: I need to go to sleep now, my character will just go along with whatever you guys decide.
    3. You may make NPCs if the situation arises.
    Example:
    Innkeeper: Hello, traveler! Would you like a drink?
    Hero: Yes, that'd be nice.
    Innkeeper: Wonderful, that'll be 3 septims.

4. Have fun!
    -----------------------------------------------------Cast
    This RP starring:
    Skyrimosity as - - - - - - - - - - - Edwyn
    Soundwave129 as - - - - - - - - - - Esset
    The_Madgod as - - - - - - - Velid Anahill
    PurpleShew as - - - - - - - - - Bruynzeel
    Minstrel as - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Circe
    Rekamennos as - - - - - - - - - - Leilana
    Nevarwin as Svarr the Short-Tempered
    ----------------------------------------------Comments
    If interested in critiquing or commenting on our story or just keeping up with the inside workings...
    check out our Out Of Character thread:

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
    Bruynzeel traveling along the roads in search of Thalmor patrols approaches the small hamlet of Rorikstead. When he enters the inn he is presented with hateful looks and wide distrust. "No room here for you cat..." Says a bystander. Then the innkeeper chimes in "An' I isn't serving you either." Though throughly insulted he decides that a massacre of simple minded farmers wasn't on his list of things to do tonight. But if one were to wander off while he was out hunting for dinner... all the better.

He turns and lets the door slam shut, a small act of defiance to be true, but Bruynzeels personal honor code is hard to deal with local prejudices. And worthier foes would have tasted his sword.

He decides that before he sets up camp on the plains outside of town he would try a couple of the local farms. Perhaps all here weren't so inhospitable.

Approaches a pleasant and well kept farm...

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    A swirl of grey and white clouds hung over Rorikstead, emitting a faint but noticeable drizzle. The quaint little town was renowned for it's fertile soil and prosperous farms which supplied Skyrim with much of her wheat and grain. As Alistair approached the town from the West, he couldn't help but admire the farms of grain and other vegetables of all kinds. Tall windmills towered over the fields, their wooden fans slowly turning. Farmers tended to their prized crops, skillfully plucking ripened fruits and veggies from their plants. This had been their trade for years, they knew what they were doing.

As the rain picked up, Alistair pulled his hood over his head. He was looking for a place to rest and eat. The past few months had taken him across the deserts of Hammerfell and the idyllic meadows of High Rock. Now, he was in his homeland. Although he lived much of his early life in Valenwood, he still associated Skyrim's rugged mountains, frigid tundras and wide expanses of forests with the word home.

He made his way to the inn, already bustling with banter and rowdy drinking. As he opened the door, he was greeted with a cacophony of noise and a blend of scents. Fresh food, drink and the smell of wood-smoke. He weaved through the crowd, catching a few sideways glances as he did so. He took a seat in the corner of the room; beside the fireplace, and ordered a bottle of ale.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Velid Anahill sat in Frostfruit Inn, the only inn in Rorikstead, drinking a mug of bland water. He was tempted to order a strong Nordic mead, but decided that he needed to stick to his promise to become sober. He looked sadly at the simple plate of bread, salmon steak and water ahead of him, then ravenously dug in. He hadn't had a proper meal since he'd left Solitude for his special assignment a couple of weeks ago. He rubbed his dog, Sceolang, on the head, then took another sip, as all the Nords around him eyed the Bosmer suspiciously, as if they were worried that he was a Thalmor spy. Suddenly, the quiet and peace of the inn, something not very common in the first place, was disturbed as the door was thrown open.

Velid and the other patrons looked at the intruder, seeing a Khajiit in odd, intricate armor. Before the Khajiit could say anything, one of the patrons said, "No room for you here, cat..." Velid eyed the man evilly, always a hater of prejudice. The barkeep then chimed in with a rather unpleasant, "An' I isn't serving you either." The Khajiit looked lost in thought for a second, then turned and allowed the door to slam shut. Velid stood up, approached the barkeep and, rather angrily, said, "I'm going to be taking my business elsewhere, you prejudiced pig." He dropped his small tab on the table and left, Sceolang growling at the man before trotting off after his master.

The door closed, allowing the hot evening air of Rorikstead in Sun's Height to warm Velid. He slipped his brown gauntlets off and followed the Khajiit, who was walking towards a small farmhouse. Outside stood a man, curiously eyeing the armored Khajiit and Bosmer. "Hey, Khajiit, don't mind them. They're prejudiced pigs, just like most Nords I've met. What is another outsider doing in this village anyway?", asked Velid rather inquisitively, using the same description of the patrons he had said to the innkeeper. He eyed the Khajiit, waiting for a response, while the man watched, unmoving, from his post.

Rekamennos

Account closed
    "Why am I heading to Rorikstead anyway?" Leilani thought to herself, hardly every coming to small villages, that is unless she was visiting her sister and her newphew and niece in Ivarstead. She clicked to her paint steed, kicking him in the side of his rear as he picked up speed. The town was just in sight.

She had no real reason for coming here, just more of a random act. Sometimes when she needed to get away from her "alter lifestyle" she found herself doing random ventures like this. Of course, she liked seeking out the unexplored, but simple things sometimes took the cake. In fact, she spent a lot of her time at Riverwood in one of the rooms at the Sleeping Giant Inn. She did so mostly because it was close to her home, and because it was close to where her parents were murdered when she was a child. So, in a way, it was a personal way or reconnecting to her former life and her safe place of thought. Leilani slowed her horse to a walk as they came to the entrance of the small farm town.

She found a tie off post for horses, with which she dismounted and grabbed the reins of her steed to do so. Leilani was in a full set of nordic steel armor, and equipped on her back was a steel dagger and a skyforge steel shortsword. She loved Eorlund's work. He was simply the best. After tying off her steed, she looked to the local inn in the mood for a small drink. She felt it would be best for a moment to sit and wonder about what made her decide to come to Rorikstead in the first place.

Leilani headed towards the inn, scanning the area with her lime green eyes as the wind swept back her long golden locks. Her helmet was in her hands, and her hair was french braided halfway back to keep it from getting in her face. Reaching the door of the inn, she opened it, and proceeded inside.

Shew

"Hey, Khajiit, don't mind them. They're prejudiced pigs, just like most Nords I've met. What is another outsider doing in this village anyway?" Bruynzeel is a touched shocked to have such inquisive attention at the moment he was about to rap on the door. So he pauses and slowly carefully turns, his hand across his waist but not on his sword hilt but he had already thumbed it loose with his other hand. "Well met friend. Passing through really." he states watching the well taned and scarred bosmer in heavy plate studded leather mail

With the symbol for the Dawguard on it? Strange I thought they were wiped out... long ago. What have I missed trekking through Cyrodil again. "Looks like weather is upon us, wouldn't happen to have some place dry I could share?" He relaxingly says his body doing the same, as the bosmer looked jolly and hopeful.

Skyrimosity

Edwyn had been standing in front of his beautiful farm, unsure whether to go through with his plans. I must! Its for Muiri! I MUST! But inside he was saying he shouldn't, he'll die. Edwyn had been watching Rorikstead for about a week, looking for adventurers he thought could help him. He was lost in a train of thought when a Khajiit approached his farm. Well, Edwyn knew the Khajiit were not friends of the Divine Talos, but this one seemed... different. He was clean and his armor was glistening. Edwyn considered approaching the Khajiit when a Bosmer approached the man.

Strange. A Bosmer and Khajiit in Rorikstead... that is a change. Perhaps... no! Just a coincidence. Edwyn stood, unable to stop himself from staring at the men. He heard the Khajiit mention he needed a place to stay. "Hey Khajiit, Bosmer, did they throw you out of the inn? Perhaps we should go back there. They won't refuse anyone who's with me... now." Edwyn let out a sigh at the end. The village knew of his sadness and being with Edwyn was a just reason for the most prejudiced of men to turn an eye.

Rekamennos

Account closed
    "What do you have to drink?" She asked the innkeeper obviously picky about her selection. "Right now we're fresh out of Black Briar, but we have some Nord Mead and Ale..." Leilani sighed, but she still smiled, and politely shook her head. "I think I will pass, but thanks." She turned around, frustrated within herself--why was she here?

She made her way out of the inn, and she turned her head to the right eyes quickly widening. 'Bruynzeel?' She gasped in her mind. How long had it been since they had last seen each other? So many fond memories flooded back, and her heart made her want to run over to him. But she was glued in her tracks. She swallowed, shaking somewhat; not really understanding all of this worry and nervousness. The last time she saw him he was...and she was...oh so much to go back on. She smiled at that last thought, it was a happy thought in more of a bittersweet manner. There was so much she wanted to say, and so much she couldn't at the same time.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Alistair quickly downed the bottle, setting it down on the table before him before withdrawing a wooden pipe from one of the many satchels fitted to his belt. He held it still as he sprinkled a leafy green substance into the chamber, Dragon Vine, his favorite. It was more or less common in some areas, especially in Cyrodiil, but nonetheless it was a fine substance. With a strike of his match, he lit the refined tobacco. Letting out a few puffs of smoke before flicking the match aside and leaning back in his chair.

More people entered the inn, adventurers and warriors of sorts. A Khajiit, a Bosmer clad in heavy plate and a fellow Nord, also clad in heavy armor. There was another, more of a simple farmer by the looks of it. Alistair thought little of the newcomers as he blew out a column of smoke.

Shew

As Bruynzeel turns to head with the helpful farmer back to the inn. stocky good grace.. smell of magic on him. Bruynzeel says "Well, if you think you can get me served, and a bed. Who am I to arg..ue.." He stumbles on the last words as Leilani steps from the inn.

Her grace and poise unmistakable, she turns and the light washes over her as the door starts to close... Even in the rain she looked like the sun. What had it been. What had driven them to travel separate? Oh yeah.. not even wanting to voice it to himself. His own fear in losing whatever comes next. "Excuse me, I need a moment. perhaps you can clear the way for my rest, while I catch up in a minute." then starts back toward Leilani.

Rekamennos

Account closed
    'Oh by the nine he's getting closer...' She swallowed again, and then she looked down at her hands covered by her gauntlets. She was trembling? Why was she acting this way? Of course, there was history between them, and of course they had a lot to catch up on...but this was not like her. She always remained composed. She hoped deeply he couldn't tell she was as nervous as she was. Her heart began to do flip flops. Leilani swallowed once more. As he was as close as a few feet away, she mustered a pleasant smile from long years of practice, and she nodded. She felt like an idiot for that was all she found herself capable of doing.

"Bruynzeel..." She said, and now feeling like more of an idiot. Her tone was an audible whisper. She was probably going to make him feel awkward with how awkward she was acting. "...I-It's been ages."

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Velid was about to tell the Khajiit that he could easily make people let him stay at the inn by flashing his Imperial badge when the farmer stood up and said, "Hey Khajiit, Bosmer, did they throw you out of the inn? Perhaps we should go back there. They won't refuse anyone who's with me... now." "Well, if you think you can get me served, and a bed. Who am I to arg..ue..", replied the mysterious Khajiit, stopping as he saw something by the inn. Velid turned to see what could've caused him to stumble when he saw a beautiful woman step out of the inn. "Excuse me, I need a moment. perhaps you can clear the way for my rest, while I catch up in a minute.", stuttered the Khajiit as he began to walk towards the woman. "I wonder how those two know each other?", thought Velid. He quickly dismissed those thoughts, never a fan of invading someone elses private affairs, and turned back to the farmer, saying, "Thank you for the offer, sir, but they didn't kick me out. I left when I heard them insulting the Khajiit and refusing to serve him. I don't think I've caught your name. Mine's Velid." He extended an arm in friendship and in thanks for the mans' generous offer. He craned his head back to see what the Khajiit and the woman were up to. They were simply catching up, though both appeared quite nervous. Velid turned his head back to the farmer, waiting for an introduction and a handshake.

Shew

"You look good, been what 6 years." he says avoiding the obvious. His own nerves forcing him. "I am still wandering." Knowing this was an admission deeper than the now. "What about you what brings you to this part of Skyrim. I'd think you'd be busy."

He didn't mean to hurt her with those words but his apprehension forces his defenses up. If she would but give him one opening.... He would again walk by her side.

His memories takes him back to that first night in the Bannered Mare the exchange and the sharing of his house. Yeah he longed for those happy days again. The night hunts, the traveling together. Had he ever been happier?

Rekamennos

Account closed
    "We live by each other in Whiterun, and yet we haven't spoken in six years..." She let out a sigh taking in how long it had truly been. And how awful that sounded. Unrealizing, her glued feet acted against her, and she stepped a bit closer. Her heart began to pound as she noticed the inches that disappeared from the space between them. She took a step back not wanting to overstep her boundaries. After all, it had been six years.

So bittersweet. She felt the connection still linger, and as it did, the look in his eyes while very distant, still remained. She swallowed. She wondered if she should speak to him that way...no she couldn't. It would be an invasion of privacy. But the depths of her mind were always welcome to him. Her heart still pounded fast, and even faster now, that he was here.

The thought of her being 'too busy for him' sent a sharp pain through her heart. She looked away breaking the heavenly gaze they shared as he arrived close. She separated from him for a reason. There was so much that tied her down, to responsibilities that she couldn't control, and what she thought at least he didn't want to be apart of. If he had wanted to, why didn't he tell her? Why didn't he say those three little words? It's not like she could help what would come afterwards if he did...it was just the way of the Ula. She couldn't hide from what she truly was, and there was no way she would leave her alter life for this. She couldn't. She had duties. She was responsible. Too much was held at stake.

"I...was just getting some fresh air and a bit of a walk...quite a long walk in fact." Seeing as her home was south of Riverwood. Leilani stumbled over her words. Never coming up with anything smooth. Her eyes met back with his, and she muttered nervously, "...I still think of you fondly....alot."

Skyrimosity

Edwyn nodded to the Khajiit as he walked off. The Bosmer introduced himself as Velid. Edwyn shook his hand as he said "Pleased to meet you Velid. My name is Edwyn. Now, how about we go back to the inn and give them a piece of our mind?" Edwyn didn't really give the Bosmer time to answer as he walked into the inn and the Bosmer followed. Edwyn saw a couple of people drinking mead and he saw a man in the corner smoking a pipe. Edwyn approached the man who offered the mead and a room.

The men around he and Velid fell silent as Edwyn began speaking to the innkeeper. "Who do you think you are, sir? You think you are above a Khajiit? Do you feel you are superior? In these hard times, do you really think you have the RIGHT to deny someone a simple drink and bed?" Edwyn had yelled at the man. The man didn't shy away. "This is my business! I can refuse service to whomever I please. You think just because your wife got taken you..." he didn't have time to finish. Edwyn jumped over the bar and was on top of the man beating him within seconds. Some of the Nords had gotten up to intervene and all chaos broke loose almost instantaneously. Edwyn had inadvertently started a mad bar fight.

Neverwin

Protector of Innocent Commas
    A short mass of heavy, steel-plated armor that was still too big for the person inside entered the inn at Rorikstead. It appeared to be dented in a few spots. Sverr would've preferred to have entered in a much more heroic fashion, but he was tired and sore and just didn't have the energy. He sat down and called over the nearest barmaid.

"You're not going to believe this," Sverr said, trying to be as loud and gruff as he possibly could, despite his tiredness. "It just hasn't been my day, I think. On the way here from a nearby cave, I ran into a troll, TWO giants, an angry mother bear, and a pack of the largest wolves I have ever seen. Now, I'm more than a match for any one of those by themselves, but all right in a row like that? I'm lucky none of them are picking their teeth with my bones!" He gestured to his armor and sounded kind of outraged. "Look what happened to my armor! Do you have any idea how much it will cost to get it replaced? I'm just glad my sword held up."

He shook his head. "Just pile up as much food as you can in front of me and a large tankard of water. I need to get my strength back up. And you know, it couldn't hurt if a lovely lady like yourself kept a warrior like me company for tonight." His tone seemed to drop a little, indicating some suggestiveness.

"I'm not sure I believe your story," the barmaid said. "And I'm working right now. But... maybe later. We'll see. If you'll excuse me..." She left his side a bit quickly.

Sverr might have been frowning a little; it was hard to tell behind the helmet that covered most of his face.

Sometime a little later, there was some arguing. Sverr didn't pay it much attention until the fight broke out. There was a slight pause in the armor, as though he was debating with himself. Tired, sore...

But there was nothing he loved more than a good tavern brawl... He didn't even know who started what or what was going on. He figured he'd just punch everyone involved. He stood, his armor clattering slightly. "Taste the fists of Sverr the Short-tempered, you lot!" He charged into the middle of the fray.

Shew

Bruynzeel latches onto her words. His own body reflexively reaches out and he embraces her. Cradleing her in his arms his head just over her ear and he nuzzles in.

"Little Song, I still think of you also." He pulls back so they can look into each others eyes. Holding her, still yet giving her the freedom to pull away if she wished.

"Yeah your new place south of Riverwood right. I have a new one just across the valley there in the foothills." Pauses and sighs "I moved too. And with that I admit I have been keeping some ears open. I hope you don't mind."

Rekamennos

Account closed
    Leilani closed her eyes as he held her tight. She buried her face in his warm fur, admiring the familiar scent, and she sighed happily. It had been way too long since she had been in his arms. It was something she know if they parted ways after this day that she would at least cherish for very long.

She was glad he covered up her actual whereabouts south of Riverwood. Very glad. For he knew how much of her life she would put on the line just to preserve that secret. Something she'd kill for.

Little Song...no one else but Bruynzeel called her that. She smiled at the thought. She then looked down to the satchel that she had tied to her waste, and she smiled wider, pulling out a beautiful intricate chain with an emerald adorned to it. She held it up to Bruynzeel's eyes, and she looked deep into them lovingly. "I've never been too far away from you that you'd not know if I was alright..." She was no longer nervous, and what she said was in reference to the chain she was holding. Her lime green eyes sparkled with wonder.

Leilani stepped in closer to him once more never breaking their gaze. She was just inches from his face.

Shew

He leans down an kisses her lightly tentatively but affectionately. "Do you have a room, My new aqaintences were gonna help me get a place for the night."

and then the sounds of the bar fight spill out into the street as some nameless nord flys out the door. Bruynzeel pulls away assures himself it wasn't either of the other two he met and rushes to the now broken door to look.

The chaos was beautiful in its simplicity everyone was hitting everyone. And he knew he was the cause... how nice a fight he caused but wasn't in yet.... "Lei, you should see this... some of your country men, insulted me and my new friends."

Rekamennos

Account closed
    Leilani lingered after the kiss. "No but I am sure I can get one that we can sha--" Leilani was interrupted by two Nords that came out of the bar, fighting. She sighed, rolling her eyes, and looking at Bruynzeel with another glare as he had said 'some of your country men' to her. First off, she spent most of her life in Elsweyr living with Khajiit. Secondly, he knew that, and she hated when others compared her stereotypically of her kinsman from Skyrim because she hardly lived here except for her adult life. "Yeah, thanks for that when you know of my family in the Mundatke Clan, Bru..." She sighed, and then she continued, "Shouldn't we go break this up if they are your friends?"