• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Soundwave129

Lord of Order!
    Esset pulled his knife out of the farmer's back. "Someone really wanted you dead, mate." Said the short elf. "No hard feelings though, right? Business is business." Laughing, the diminutive assassin slipped out the back door. I should pop into that tavern, he thought. Grab a few drinks, maybe chat up that barmaid... He was pulled from his fantasies as a chair flew past him and shattered against the wall as he opened the door to the inn. "What in the name of Umbra!?" He ducked as some bloke in steel armor threw a punch at his head.

Dodging and dancing around the drunken brawlers, Esset had to resist the urge to rush right in and start snapping necks. Easy now, Esset, you're undercover, remember? Can't go killing whoever you damn well please. Esset sidestepped another attack from a different Bosmer. What is it with all the Wood Elves in Rorikstead today? I've never seen this many in a small town like this. Esset grunted in pain. Some Nord ass had shoved a knife in his gut! Flipping behind the bar, Esset pulled out a golden flask and began to drink. The wound was closing, but he had lost quite a bit of blood. And my brothers said not to wear armor...

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
    "Yeah its getting a touch risky" Bruynzeel says to Leilani. Then turning to the inn..."ROAR!!!! hey thats enough!.. Let this stop before anyone loses their life!" As the room starts to slow down shocked faces directed at him. a few diehard still slugging it out in back.. but at least it was only fists.

"People, can't we all just get along?" a chair wizzes in his direction smashing against the wall next to him...

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Velid turned to the Khajiit, who said, "Roar! He-" The rest was drowned out by random screaming. The fight slowed down for a second, but the noise never subsided. Velid ran to help him, tripping over some kind of Elf with a hole in his chest. "So sorry!", said Velid, quickly casting healing hands on the man. He ran over to the Khajiits side just as a chair was thrown at him, barely missing. "Glad you're here. This is not a good situation, right here. We need to at least get Edwyn, the farmer, out of there, since he was generous enough to offer us both rooms.", said Velid, surveying the inn. The fight was going strong, stronger than earlier. "Have any ideas on how to end this thing?"

Rekamennos

Account closed
    "Oh my..." Leilani's eyes widened, scanning the room, and then all of a sudden a large Nord male was headed fast in her direction. She figured he had no idea, from how drunk he looked, where he was aiming his fists. She ducked, and he flipped over her body landing with a thud by the entrance to the inn. "Watch where your swing!"

The male staggered up, groaned with anger, and swung at Leilani again. With which, she ducked, and he missed once more. She knew she couldn't knock him out with how strong he looked, but she was fast, and she could avoid him. She began backing up as he kept swinging at her, and she dodged his every swing keeping a good eye on the path behind her making sure she didn't step on anyone's toes or came into another punch. Looking quickly behind her, Leilani jumped on a table, and then she jumped onto the man's shoulders as her legs crossed tight around his neck and he came crashing down to the ground. She stood up, dusting herself off and leaving him down there. "I told you to watch where you swung." She sighed, shaking her head and walking back towards Bruynzeel's side avoiding any obstacle in her path. The male on the ground was alright, but he was just a bit shooken up.

Neverwin

Protector of Innocent Commas
    Amazingly, Sverr was STILL fighting even after the roar. He wasn't terribly concerned about someone losing their life because as far as he saw it, it was just your average tavern brawl, and there was nothing wrong with beating someone within an inch of their life, as long as it was just within an inch of their life. "Quit spoiling the fun, Khajit! And you three over there, what do you think you're stopping for? Fight me, you cowards... are you Skeevers or are you Nords?!" He was pretty much goading everyone in the bar to continue fighting.

He charged into a small group of those still fighting. "FOR GLORY!" And was promptly beated down to the point that he was not going to get back up again for a moment. He laughed weakly as some fought around him.

"Good fight, nothing like it..."

All the while thinking to himself that he hurt everywhere. He hurt in places he didn't even know he had, which he found slightly strange but nonetheless...

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Velid was not really effected when the Khajiit read from his scroll. He felt waves of calm float over his body, but he wasn't fighting in the first place. "Good move, friend. Let's get Edwyn and get out of here before the fight picks back up again.", said Velid. He scanned the room, finding Edwin near the barkeeper, still very angry. The barkeep, however, would not fight back. Velid ran over to the other side off the room and put his hand on Edwyns shoulder. "You better just leave Edwyn. These fools aren't worth your time.", said Velid calmingly, if patronizing. "I'm gonna see what I can do for anyone wounded in the fight."

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    Circe walked down the grassy hills towards Rorikstead after just returning from a visit to the monks, her right arm outstretched as a small blue bird sat atop it and began to sing its tune. Not far in the distance Circe could see the plumes of smoke rising into the fresh morning air, and then watched at it slowly blended into the light blue of the sky. Rorikstead, a place she passed through often but very rarely stayed. Today, she thought, she would settle down for a day or two and then move on to Solitude.

As she approached the local inn she immediately saw commotion between a few wanderers and some Nords from the small town. I swear, if these Mortals ruin my good mood they won't live to see the sunset.

Moving the small bird onto her shoulder, Circe stepped onto the cobblestone road near the farms. Quickly the commotion moved inside, taking the travellers with it. Circe didn't bother to rush inside, instead she waked at a steady pace towards the door, not wanting to let anything ruin her plans to relax. She opened the splintered wooden door to the inn and stepped into a tense atmosphere. I said I wouldn't let anything ruin my plans to relax and I won't

After walking straight through the crown of Nords and travellers Circe took a seat at the bar.

"Ah, Circe, what can I get you to drink." he said, knowing Circe from the countless times she had been there before.

"Just the usual. What the hell was going on in here? I was planning to stop by and relax tonight and now I find arguing brutes."

"Don't worry yourself about it, just men being men."

Usually Circe would have demanded to know what had been going on and the Inn Keeper knew that, but instead she threw her head down onto the table and let out a huge moan and the Inn Keeper raised an eyebrow.

He laughed as he listened to Circe.

"All of that meditation really takes it out of me, I don't know how the monks can do it everyday."

"And for someone such as yourself, I though you would have more energy."

"For somone such as myself, what is that meant to mean?" Circe said lifting her head up with a wide smile.

The man leaned in. "You know, fangs and all."

"You idiot, I know what you meant."

The Inn Keeper walked of laughing as he cleaned a mug and then disappeared into the cellar. He had know Circe was a Vampire for years and had never told a soul or judged her. No doubt though, some people had noticed over the years, but had been to scared to speak of it.

Soundwave129

Lord of Order!
    Esset, now fully healed thanks the mysterious stranger he had met, popped up from underneath the bar, scaring the bartender half to death. He walked past what looked like a beautiful Imperial woman, but Esset new better, he saw her pale skin. "Greetings, my lovely little vampire! Hope you weren't biting anyone I know!" Watching her glare at him with hatred as he went out the door was hilarious.

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    (OOC: Soundwave, just wanted to mention that Circe's eyes are hazel. She can control their colour. ;))

The Inn Keeper came back with a mug-full of thick red liquid in hand and tutted as he put it on the table.

"Childish little Mortals, I really do pity them sometimes."

"Hope I'm not included in that," The man said with a smile, moving the mug across the table. "Just have a big swig of that, it should cheer you up."

Circe picked up the mug and watched the liquid slowly swirl around before putting it to her mouth and downing it.

"It the others of my kind that does it you know, giving the rest of us a bad name. People are getting better at picking us out from a crowd, there are only so many things I can do to hide it and wherever I go there is just hatred. The worst part is I can't do anything about it. Sure, I can pick a fight with the whole of this Inn and come out without a scratch, but I can't stay in bloody Inns all of my life. Its the cities that are the problem."

Circe pushed the mug back towards the Inn Keeper. He picked it up and put it back under the counter.

"Ah well, just keep your head down. What about these Monks eh? I though they were meant to be helping you."

"they've got strange ways, you know that. I've known them for over sixty years, since I was just a lost little girl with these amazing abilities."

"Well, if they keep messin' you about just come and tell me."

"Thanks." Circe said with a little laugh and then proceeded to sit at a table near the bar, watching the people around her as they went about their business.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Alistair had seen his fair share of bar fights, and it was almost comical how common they were. But he was in no mood to contend with this drunken altercation. He stood from his seat as a man was sent crashing through a set of tables beside him in a gust of splinters and shards of wood. "Hey!" Alistair reeled around to face the gruff voice he had heard, and was greeted by a fist flying toward his face. He weaved under the blow skillfully, taking hold of the man's arm before snapping it at the elbow. "Ack!" He cried out in pain as the broken bone tore through skin and flesh. Alistair quickly followed up by firmly planting his heel into the ground before spinning and driving his boot into the man's face. Sending him crashing through a wooden table, knocked unconscious.

There was a pause in the madness as a deafening roar rebounded throughout the room, likely that of a Khajiit. However it wasn't long before the chaos continued. Alistair looked around for a potential escape, but saw none. He had been backed into a corner, and a grizzled looking Nord clutching a broken bottle was making his way toward him. "Yer' gonna be in a world o' hurt, boy." "We'll see." Alistair replied slyly, as he kicked up the broken table leg beside his foot, caught it in mid-air and smashed it across the Nord's face. Splitting the wood apart while knocking him unconscious.

And then, there was sudden silence and calm. Everyone in the room simultaneously giving pause. Glancing around the room with bewildered eyes. Unconscious bodies were strewn everywhere, broken tables and chairs.

Shew

"Well that seemed to have done the trick... , But i fear I will still not get a bed here." he said to Leilani, and Velid. "Perhaps I should set up camp just outside of town you are welcome to join me. Or I might just finish the short distance across the valley to my home. You all are invited, I have plenty of room... Seeing as the excitement here is over."

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Velid quickly accepted Bruynzeels offer, knowing full well that if any of these Nords caught a better glimpse of him and described his features to the Legion, he could be discharged. The Bosmer readied Healing Hands once again, ready to help out anyone hurt in the fight before calm wore off. He worked quickly, closing any wounds on the stupified or unconsious patrons. Not many were strong enough to fend off Calm, and those who were quickly calmed down when they realised that the few armored people were fending off the spell, and none looked too happy to have been involved in the fight. Velid finished his task and bumped into an odd woman who was just standing up from a stool. He looked into her hazel eyes, seeing past the disguise. His spells flickered off, as he was surprised as hell to see that there was one of his mortal enemies in the bar. A vampire. He supressed the urge to murder the nightlurker then and there, having learnt quite recently that not all of them were evil. "Just what might one of... Your kind be doing here?", inquired Velid quietly, so as to avoid alerting anyone else to the conversation. He stuck his hand on his axe, not wanting to be unarmed if she were to attack. He knew quite a bit of hand-to-hand combat, but the Dawnguard hadn't taught him about hand-to-talon-to-fang combat as much as he would've liked.

Neverwin

HEALED! Sverr immediately stood upon healing (he might have muttered a quick "thanks" to the one that healed to him, but he wasn't about to do anything more than that... the less he had to talk to a Bosmer the better). He was tempted to start fighting again, but the fight was dying down, and there was no sense in getting himself hurt so soon. All good things had to come to an end. Besides that, he was still pretty tired, even more so now. He was going to sleep GOOD tonight. Better if he could get that barmaid's attention...

But first things first, he walked over to the Khajit and gave him a pat on the back that was perhaps unnecessarily stronger than it should have been. "Haha, some fight, wasn't it? I have no hard feelings about you trying to interrupt. Are you new to Skyrim, Khajit? Or do you just not frequent the taverns here?"

Shew

Actually, I have visited many taverns. Usually once they realise I am not gonna steal their sweetroll they tend to settle down and let me drink and eat in peace. Especially since I usually eat and drink well and generously."

rubs his shoulder. "I was just too tired to fight it this time. Feel a bit sorry to have caused a ruckass. But you looked like you were enjoying yourself til overwhelmed."

Turns to those all around him "Seems we are getting a little party together to, I think, we were gonna head to my house so I can show my hopitality. Are there any others we should ask to join us. I have to admit in the heat of that fight I wasn't sure who was for which side?"

Skyrimosity

Edwyn stood victorious over the defeated innkeeper, hoping to have taught him noone talks badly about Muiri. The entire fight had calmed down a bit and he approached the Khajiit and Velid. "Hey Khajiit, I do apologize about that..." Edwyn looked around at the shattered tables and teeth on the floor. "However, the fight was only started in the first place because that blasted innkeeper thought he could use a bad tone when talking about my wife. Oh how I miss her..." Edwyn's voice trailed off into sadness. "But, you are the guest in this city. It would be my honor to allow you company on my humble farm. The offer is the same to you, Velid."

Neverwin

There was quiet from the mass of armor for only a few seconds. His posture perhaps indicated that he was in disbelief. Then, there was wild, loud laughter and more hard pats on the back. "Sides? Sides? Oh, Khajit, you're a funny one. You think a Nord is going to care about sides in a bar fight? Doesn't matter who started it, everyone's going to want to finish it!"

He noticed the Breton coming up to him, and there was another pause again. "So, ah... what is all this about, then? Looks like you people have a little party going here..."

Soundwave129

Lord of Order!
    Esset jumped down from the rooftops. "Indeed, farmer. I'm interested to know what's going on, especially if there is gold involved." He looked at everyone's shocked faces. "What? Never had a Bosmer eavesdrop on you before?" There was silence. "Oh, bloody... Yes! I was eavesdropping, I do it all the time, in fact. I'm sorry. Now would you please continue and let me know what the hell is going on here?"

Shew

Just as the Elf was about to drop Bruynzeel stays Leilani's hand. "Was wondering when our little owl would drop in."

Acts completely unsurprised in hopes that the others didn't overreact and start things anew. "I would not recommend making a habit of that when around me, or Leilani. Eavesdropping can be hazardous."