• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Neriad13

Premium Member
I always thought that they were referring to Elenwen...though it would be so cool if there was more evidence to support a Queen of Alinor.

On another note, I absolutely love that quest. I've played through it, maybe 3-4 times by now and with every playthrough I'm still discovering something that passed under my radar with previous characters. Most recently, I've discovered this telling line from Malborn.

When the Altmer guards are calling you out in the torture chamber and threatening to kill your cohort, Malborn chimes in with the line "I'm dead already."

0.0 There's...four or more ways to read that. What a character.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I love Malborn. I always have. Such an adorable Bosmer. I always have to save him during that quest, if I don't manage to, I reload.

Neriad13

Premium Member
I love Malborn. I always have. Such an adorable Bosmer. I always have to save him during that quest, if I don't manage to, I reload.

Awwww. I've never been able to save him. Most of my characters have used big, loud means of combat and Malborn just gets caught in the crossfire. Or else I'm not optimally positioned and can't move fast enough to get to him in time. And after he's dead, he looks eerily peaceful, like he's finally getting a good night's rest.

Docta Corvina

And after he's dead, he looks eerily peaceful, like he's finally getting a good night's rest.

Malbornnnn :'(

I do love that cute little Bosmer man. Wish I could make him a follower. Well, I could, but I wouldn't do that to him. I actually think he'd hate adventuring with us, lol!

Neriad13

Premium Member
Malbornnnn :'(

I do love that cute little Bosmer man. Wish I could make him a follower. Well, I could, but I wouldn't do that to him. I actually think he'd hate adventuring with us, lol!

Well, no more than similarly skittish Etienne, I'd presume. :D

Docta Corvina

Well, no more than similarly skittish Etienne, I'd presume. :D

LOL yeah :p I actually put poor Etienne back a couple days ago. I returned him, Thrynn and Cynric to the Cistern. I think they're happier there. And I know I'm happier with fewer people to trip over. xD

stagnant94

theres dragons, magic, werewolves, demons, vampires etc and you think the use of herself is incorrect?

the way i deal with this is simple: in tamriel, they talk slightly differently.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
theres dragons, magic, werewolves, demons, vampires etc and you think the use of herself is incorrect?

the way i deal with this is simple: in tamriel, they talk slightly differently.

There have been typos elsewhere in this game, so it's not an impossible explanation. And I wouldn't say they speak differently. The majority of accents featured in Skyrim are based on ones within our own world. Even certain ways words are used.

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
Frost Troll? No problem! Use a Paralyze Poison. No Alchemy skills? No problem! At 15 Alchemy skill you can purchase Imp Stool and Canis Root from an Alchemist for a combined total of ~15 gold. Mix them up and you have a 4 second paralysis poison.

On topic (barely): Herself is an iPhone autocorrect of Elisif, the Jarl?

Necromis

the gist is basically there are only two options of whom this could be reffering. Either the embassador, or a woman of power back at home.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
On topic (barely): Herself is an iPhone autocorrect of Elisif, the Jarl?

LMAO, I wouldn't be surprised!

Off topic (but who cares): my iPhone has learned many Skyrim-related words, but for some reason it always wants to capslock STORMCLOAKS. :D