Altmer and Bosmer: Do you support the Thalmor? Why or why not?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Altmer/Bosmer, do yo upport the Thalmor?

• Yes

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • No

Votes: 43 71.7%

• Total voters

cyberius

Dunmer politician and battlemage.
Panthera, you realize that if the aldmeri dominion did win, they would probably treat the khajiit race as 3rd class citizens. Not the best way. And tthey would do that only because your people arent meri.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
It's better to be 3rd class citizens than dead, and at least we would let Khajiit in cities unlike the Nords. The Altmer are the superior race and with or without the Thalmor they will once again dominate Tamriel.

cyberius

It's better to be 3rd class citizens than dead, and at least we would let Khajiit in cities unlike the Nords. The Altmer are the superior race and with or without the Thalmor they will once again dominate Tamriel.

Gah. You altmer have always treated us (dunmer) like scum. The argonians have taken our land, the biggest volcano in tamriel has erupted in our backyard, and where are the " saviors of mer"? Having a fight with a weak empire.

cyberius

See, you even treat felines better than us. The orsimer would even try to sever there elven ancestry, because of you.

The manmer are just as good with magick as you. You know, if your dominion maid a pact with the orsimer and dunmer as well as manmer, the empire would be dead.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Gah. You altmer have always treated us (dunmer) like scum. The argonians have taken our land, the biggest volcano in tamriel has erupted in our backyard, and where are the " saviors of mer"? Having a fight with a weak empire.
We do have respect for the Dunmer, particularly Great House Telvanni but it is not our responsibility to save you from natural disasters. No dunmer stood alongside us when we forced the Empire into Submission, No Dunmer joined our great Elven Dominion, you were defeated by a nation you'd enslaved for hundreds of years, Lizard men.. Can you even be called Mer?

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
See, you even treat felines better than us. The orsimer would even try to sever there elven ancestry, because of you.

The manmer are just as good with magick as you. You know, if your dominion maid a pact with the orsimer and dunmer as well as manmer, the empire would be dead.
The 'manmer' are under control of the Empire and have forsaken their Elven Ancestors, it is the same with the Orsimer they are known to serve the imperial legion.
The manmer posess an affinity for magic because of their links to us, they are no match for pure bred Altmer when it comes to the magical arts or any matter involving intelligence.

cyberius

We do have respect for the Dunmer, particularly Great House Telvanni but it is not our responsibility to save you from natural disasters. No dunmer stood alongside us when we forced the Empire into Submission, No Dunmer joined our great Elven Dominion, you were defeated by a nation you'd enslaved for hundreds of years, Lizard men.. Can you even be called Mer?

We may be distant cousins of altmer and distant descendants of aldmer, but we are mer.

And how would you feel if all the humans joined together and beat you? Besides, red mountain erupted.

And by the way bosmer eat there dead. So whats worse, distant cousins that have different religious thoughts, or beastly cannibals that are closer to you? And do you know how far morrowind ais from valenwood and summerset isle?

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
We may be distant cousins of altmer and distant descendants of aldmer, but we are mer.

And how would you feel if all the humans joined together and beat you? Besides, red mountain erupted.

And by the way bosmer eat there dead. So whats worse, distant cousins that have different religious thoughts, or beastly cannibals that are closer to you? And do you know how far morrowind ais from valenwood and summerset isle?
Yes you are still Mer.
All of the humans did join together, then when we forced the empire to accept the white-gold concordat they separated from Hammerfell.
We are aware of our Bosmeri Allies strange practices and we are currently beginning ethic cleansing in valenwood. Whilst there is a great distance between us this in no way accounts for your defeat at the hands of your own slaves, Until the Dunmer retake their homeland like true elves, there is nothing for us to ally with.

cyberius

Yes you are still Mer.
All of the humans did join together, then when we forced the empire to accept the white-gold concordat they separated from Hammerfell.
We are aware of our Bosmeri Allies strange practices and we are currently beginning ethic cleansing in valenwood. Whilst there is a great distance between us this in no way accounts for your defeat at the hands of your own slaves, Until the Dunmer retake their homeland like true elves, there is nothing for us to ally with.

Im still trying to convince the king to send the best morag tong assassins to eliminate the king of argonia's heirs.

So far ive only caught one argonian spy. The argonians wont see him again. Im surprised the khajiits arent fighting us too.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Im still trying to convince the king to send the best morag tong assassins to eliminate the king of argonia's heirs.

So far ive only caught one argonian spy. The argonians wont see him again. Im surprised the khajiits arent fighting us too.
We believe that your first priority should be uniting the great houses to retake all of Morrowind and secure your borders.
After this we will welcome you to the Dominion and together we shall destroy the Empire, after the defeat of the Empire with your aid we shall launch an invasion of Blackmarsh, I as 3rd Emissary shall lead a force of High Mages to support the Dunmeri assault of Blackmarsh.

cyberius

We believe that your first priority should be uniting the great houses to retake all of Morrowind and secure your borders.
After this we will welcome you to the Dominion and together we shall destroy the Empire, after the defeat of the Empire with your aid we shall launch an invasion of Blackmarsh, I as 3rd Emissary shall lead a force of High Mages to support the Dunmeri assault of Blackmarsh.

Hm. Never though of it that way...

Argonians are good rogues and warriors, but with magic, stealth, and plain warriory could best that...

You should probably know that telvanni has some necromancy in its past.

cyberius

The most common question i receive:

"What side are you with, imperials or stormcloaks?" Well i used to very slightly lean to the empire, but now, they are crumbling.

What do you do when a wall is crumbling and beyond repair? Crush it and make a new one.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
The most common question i receive:

"What side are you with, imperials or stormcloaks?" Well i used to very slightly lean to the empire, but now, they are crumbling.

What do you do when a wall is crumbling and beyond repair? Crush it and make a new one.

I've never known which side to join as a high elf, I think the dominion would rather the stormcloaks win and isolate themselves from the empire but so far I've avoided the civil war, a high elf helping Ulfric just seems strange.

cyberius

I've never known which side to join as a high elf, I think the dominion would rather the stormcloaks win and isolate themselves from the empire but so far I've avoided the civil war, a high elf helping Ulfric just seems strange.

Hmmm... you could pretend to be on his side, and when you win the war, you could backstab
Him. It may be sneaky, but it would get things done quickly.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Hmmm... you could pretend to be on his side, and when you win the war, you could backstab
Him. It may be sneaky, but it would get things done quickly.
If I could I'd just single handedly take over Skyrim myself, I'd walk into windhelm and solitude alone and murder Tullius & Ulfric with my magic/Thu'um. Not to mention I'm a master mage, immortal vampire lord and champion of every Daedric prince.

cyberius

You are vampiric

I have no skyrim dlcs. All i have is tribunal and bloodmoon.

Benthos

Proud Mer
To be honest with you, I wish I could've played as a Falmer not as one of the betrayed. They look very prominent and very noble prior to the Dwemer betrayal. We get DLC with some of the remaining few, it'd be very awesome if we could be a Falmer in the next Elder Scrolls (like a new area not really spoken of or visited often and several have moved from Skyrim to there). If we could, I would definitely be one of them not a Bosmer or Dunmer. I for one am certainly NOT an Altmer and couldn't begin to see myself as one. I don't really have a great grasp on all of the good that the Thalmor are known to have done for Tamriel. But because of my ignorance I refuse to side with or against them unless there's a good reason personally. This goes for every character I started. A couple would side against them but the others are neutral in that.

If I could I'd just single handedly take over Skyrim myself, I'd walk into windhelm and solitude alone and murder Tullius & Ulfric with my magic/Thu'um. Not to mention I'm a master mage, immortal vampire lord and champion of every Daedric prince.

Treat the Daedric princes like the Olympians or the Norse Gods, they may favor someone at some point but they get bored with them eventually and move on to other things and/or subjects. Doesn't help that every player also can be a champion of every Daedric prince.

Panthera

Don Gato
That is real bad diplomacy bro... if they retake all of Morrowind by themselves they have no reason to join Dominion. And even if they did how long do you think they would be loyal to Dominion?

Now here is an example how Khajiit became part of Dominion.

In 4E 98, the moons Masser and Secunda vanished, creating fear and strife amongst the Khajiit. When the moons reappeared two years later and the Thalmor announced they had used magic to restore them, the Khajiit praised them as their saviors. In 4E 115, popular support for the Thalmor led to a coup against the Imperial-backed government in Elsweyr and the reestablishment of the ancient kingdoms Anequina and Pelletine as client states of the Thalmor.

Now if Dominion would help retake all of Morrowind, Dunmer would die for Dominion. Never underestimate power of favor specially as big as this one would be.

Think of the shame being dominated by the race who they enslave. And than Dominion comes ridding of the Argonians (slave race) and returning their lands back to Dunmer, their home. That would a priceless deed of the Dominion in the eyes of Dunmer.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
That is real bad diplomacy bro... if they retake all of Morrowind by themselves they have no reason to join Dominion. And even if they did how long do you think they would be loyal to Dominion?

The Dark Elves value Loyalty and Family. So if the Aldmeri Dominion did win themselves the Dark Elves' favor then they would die for them.

Riften Guard

Bad Thief
I have no support for the high elves just walking into skyrim and saying they own it. They are the most stuck up and wired people I know. Then again they do use magic so they are scared to fight. I'd sooner have my head on a stake then listen to them. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts