Altmer and Bosmer: Do you support the Thalmor? Why or why not?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Altmer/Bosmer, do yo upport the Thalmor?

• Yes

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • No

Votes: 43 71.7%

• Total voters

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
That is real bad diplomacy bro... if they retake all of Morrowind by themselves they have no reason to join Dominion. And even if they did how long do you think they would be loyal to Dominion?

Now here is an example how Khajiit became part of Dominion.

Now if Dominion would help retake all of Morrowind, Dunmer would die for Dominion. Never underestimate power of favor specially as big as this one would be.

Think of the shame being dominated by the race who they enslave. And than Dominion comes ridding of the Argonians (slave race) and returning their lands back to Dunmer, their home. That would a priceless deed of the Dominion in the eyes of Dunmer.
I agree with what your saying 100% and if there was no imperial threat that's exactly what I would have done but I figured this way we don't become stretched too thin and make enemies of both argonians and imperials, that could cause them to join forces.
I also thought that helping the Dunmer invade blackmarsh, which will be incredibly difficult due to hostile terrain that that would achieve the same level of loyalty, after the imperial problem is solved.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I agree with what your saying 100% and if there was no imperial threat that's exactly what I would have done but I figured this way we don't become stretched too thin and make enemies of both argonians and imperials, that could cause them to join forces.
I also thought that helping the Dunmer invade blackmarsh, which will be incredibly difficult due to hostile terrain that that would achieve the same level of loyalty, after the imperial problem is solved.

Imperial problem being, nearly the entire army is sitting on your door step?

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Imperial problem being, nearly the entire army is sitting on your door step?
I don't think they're much of a problem really, throughout history most conflicts end with something similar to the White-Gold Concordat, as it's entirely in the favour of the Dominion that shows that the empire were by far in the weaker position.
If we were more on an even footing then EVERY single term would not be in favour of the dominion, the treaty was Talos worship banned, Disbanding the blades and a large portion of hammerfell being handed to the dominion(this was refused by hammerfell and they left the empire), Never mind the fact that the Thalmor are spread throughout the empire.
How many imperials are in Alinor do you think? The empire couldn't make a single military move without the Thalmor's knowledge.
The Empire is not what it once was, it's beginning to crumble. do you think the septim empire would have allowed the imperial city to be sacked by the dominion? and Yes you took it back which is not surprising considering your ease of reinforcements, The Dominion still ransacked your capital city and destroyed most of the legion, have the empire even set foot in Alinor?
Need I mention you've isolated yourselves from Hammerfell and are spread thin trying to maintain your borders and fight a civil war in skyrim.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I don't think they're much of a problem really, throughout history most conflicts end with something similar to the White-Gold Concordat, as it's entirely in the favour of the Dominion that shows that the empire were by far in the weaker position.
If we were more on an even footing then EVERY single term would not be in favour of the dominion, the treaty was Talos worship banned, Disbanding the blades and a large portion of hammerfell being handed to the dominion(this was refused by hammerfell and they left the empire), Never mind the fact that the Thalmor are spread throughout the empire.
How many imperials are in Alinor do you think? The empire couldn't make a single military move without the Thalmor's knowledge.
The Empire is not what it once was, it's beginning to crumble. do you think the septim empire would have allowed the imperial city to be sacked by the dominion? and Yes you took it back which is not surprising considering your ease of reinforcements, The Dominion still ransacked your capital city and destroyed most of the legion, have the empire even set foot in Alinor?
Need I mention you've isolated yourselves from Hammerfell and are spread thin trying to maintain your borders and fight a civil war in skyrim.

We only know of a few terms of the Treaty, there are probably many terms on it. The ones you listed are the big main terms which are the most disliked. The handing over Southern Hammerfell was because the Dominion already occupied it, Imperial Army couldn't continue fighting. Though the fact the Thalmor did accept peace does show a great deal. The Aldmeri Dominion lost their entire main army. Sure the Thalmor wiped out a good deal of soldiers, but the Imperial army is still standing. They didn't leave the Empire, Hammerfell was dropped as a Province, they were kicked out. Though one also must remember, 'But the Redguards should not forget the great sacrifice of Imperial blood - Breton, Nord, and Cyrodilic - at the Battle of the Red Ring that weakened the Dominion enough to allow the eventual Second Treaty of Stros M'kai in 4E 180 and the withdrawal of Aldmeri forces from Hammerfell.' - The Great War.

The Septim Empire wasn't that great, in fact they had some of the worst Emperor's known to man, their dynasty was plagued with wars, loss of Imperial authority even civil wars between the Septim bloodlines such as the War of Red Diamond. The Empire have been to Summerset Isles before yes, during the Second Era with Tiber Septim, they invaded and forced the High Elves to submit to Imperial authority. It took one hour to force the surrender of Alinor. 'Surrender of Alinor, 2E 896. Given to the Empire as a part of the terms of the Armistice by the Tribunal, Numidium besieged the capital of Summerset Isles, its fall happening within an hour. Alinor's fall marked the end of the Tiber Wars, finally unifying Tamriel, in turn leading to the proclamation of the Third Era'

The initial success of the Aldmeri Dominion forces was they had been preparing for seventy years, they were silent for seventy years before their sent their ambassador to the Imperial city. Their army flanked the Imperial defenses on Valenwood border, the success was because the Empire holds garrisons throughout each province of the Empire, it would of taken quite sometime for the Imperial army to mobilize, while the Dominion was already in force and ready to go. The Empire may of been weak prior to the Great War, but it showed the Aldmeri Domion that even a weakened Empire, could defeat the full strength of the Aldmeri Dominion who had time to plan for over seventy years, the Empire had a few days before the Dominion invaded after the terms were rejected.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
We only know of a few terms of the Treaty, there are probably many terms on it. The ones you listed are the big main terms which are the most disliked. The handing over Southern Hammerfell was because the Dominion already occupied it, Imperial Army couldn't continue fighting. Though the fact the Thalmor did accept peace does show a great deal. The Aldmeri Dominion lost their entire main army. Sure the Thalmor wiped out a good deal of soldiers, but the Imperial army is still standing. They didn't leave the Empire, Hammerfell was dropped as a Province, they were kicked out. Though one also must remember, 'But the Redguards should not forget the great sacrifice of Imperial blood - Breton, Nord, and Cyrodilic - at the Battle of the Red Ring that weakened the Dominion enough to allow the eventual Second Treaty of Stros M'kai in 4E 180 and the withdrawal of Aldmeri forces from Hammerfell.' - The Great War.

The Septim Empire wasn't that great, in fact they had some of the worst Emperor's known to man, their dynasty was plagued with wars, loss of Imperial authority even civil wars between the Septim bloodlines such as the War of Red Diamond. The Empire have been to Summerset Isles before yes, during the Second Era with Tiber Septim, they invaded and forced the High Elves to submit to Imperial authority. It took one hour to force the surrender of Alinor. 'Surrender of Alinor, 2E 896. Given to the Empire as a part of the terms of the Armistice by the Tribunal, Numidium besieged the capital of Summerset Isles, its fall happening within an hour. Alinor's fall marked the end of the Tiber Wars, finally unifying Tamriel, in turn leading to the proclamation of the Third Era'

The initial success of the Aldmeri Dominion forces was they had been preparing for seventy years, they were silent for seventy years before their sent their ambassador to the Imperial city. Their army flanked the Imperial defenses on Valenwood border, the success was because the Empire holds garrisons throughout each province of the Empire, it would of taken quite sometime for the Imperial army to mobilize, while the Dominion was already in force and ready to go. The Empire may of been weak prior to the Great War, but it showed the Aldmeri Domion that even a weakened Empire, could defeat the full strength of the Aldmeri Dominion who had time to plan for over seventy years, the Empire had a few days before the Dominion invaded after the terms were rejected.
None of us can say anything for sure as there's not enough info revealed but undoubtedly the WGC favours the Dominion by a mile, there is no significant term which is of benefit to the empire.
If the empire honestly thought they could survive another attack would they have signed that treaty? If they were in any reasonable position to attack or defend they would have sent a counter offer which was of more equal terms.
The fact they accepted this offer shows that they feared the Dominion.

But hell we both support opposite sides so we're not going to agree, no doubt the imperials can more than put up a fight but I doubt the Dominion have revealed their true strength just yet.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
None of us can say anything for sure as there's not enough info revealed but undoubtedly the WGC favours the Dominion by a mile, there is no significant term which is of benefit to the empire.
If the empire honestly thought they could survive another attack would they have signed that treaty? If they were in any reasonable position to attack or defend they would have sent a counter offer which was of more equal terms.
The fact they accepted this offer shows that they feared the Dominion.

But hell we both support opposite sides so we're not going to agree, no doubt the imperials can more than put up a fight but I doubt the Dominion have revealed their true strength just yet.

It all boils down to this.

Nearly five years of destructive warfare for the Empire to sit at the negotiations table with the High Elves. One hour for the High Elves to surrender and submit to Imperial authority. XD I laughed so hard at that, I can't believe it took an hour to force their surrender.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
It all boils down to this.

Nearly five years of destructive warfare for the Empire to sit at the negotiations table with the High Elves. One hour for the High Elves to surrender and submit to Imperial authority. XD I laughed so hard at that, I can't believe it took an hour to force their surrender.
That's nothing to do with the current war though, if they were unprepared for war at that time it would have been foolish to not surrender, live to fight another day. I bet the imperials wish they hadn't accepted that surrender now though don't they ;)

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
That's nothing to do with the current war though, if they were unprepared for war at that time it would have been foolish to not surrender, live to fight another day. I bet the imperials wish they hadn't accepted that surrender now though don't they ;)

Just means when the second great war sparks, the Empire can have some irony and send every Thalmor agents head back to Alinor with terms of their own.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Just means when the second great war sparks, the Empire can have some irony and send every Thalmor agents head back to Alinor with terms of their own.
We'll see -evil laugh- :D

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
We'll see -evil laugh- :D

The main disadvantage for the Thalmor is the Empire doesn't need to defeat them, just retake Valenwood and Elsweyr which will be fairly simple because of how the Thalmor treat the Bosmer, Khajiit will do whatever depending on how the Thalmor treated the beast races, if they kill Altmer and Bosmer in purges who knows about the Khajiit. Now basically the Thalmor to get reinforcements need to sail for weeks to Valenwood, if there is a great war there could be many naval battles, an Imperial blockade of ships would stop reinforcements by sea. If they were to push the Thalmor back to Alinor, they can just keep them there.

Iveri Sarothil

Are we answering these in-character?

1. Would you willingly give a donation to the Thalmor Embassy?
That depends. Can I easily steal it back after giving them a false sense of self worth?

2. Would you gladly carry out Elenwen's (or whoever the leader of the Thalmor is on Alinor) orders?
Not likely.

3. Are you a High Elf nationalist?
I'm a Dark Elf assassin, and the last thing I want is a world populated by High Elves.

4. Do you believe that Talos is a false god
I honestly couldn't care if he is false god or Daedric prince, to be quite honest.

Reactions: Vex

Panthera

Don Gato
The main disadvantage for the Thalmor is the Empire doesn't need to defeat them, just retake Valenwood and Elsweyr which will be fairly simple because of how the Thalmor treat the Bosmer, Khajiit will do whatever depending on how the Thalmor treated the beast races, if they kill Altmer and Bosmer in purges who knows about the Khajiit. Now basically the Thalmor to get reinforcements need to sail for weeks to Valenwood, if there is a great war there could be many naval battles, an Imperial blockade of ships would stop reinforcements by sea. If they were to push the Thalmor back to Alinor, they can just keep them there.
First Empire would need to bring some prove that Khajiit were tricked by Thalmor.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
First Empire would need to bring some prove that Khajiit were tricked by Thalmor.

Or invade, simply force them back into the Empire. For all we know the Thalmor do purges there also, they may be willing to stop being a client state for the Dominion or they won't, matters little to be honest.

Finnsson

Prince of Denmark
1. Would you willingly give a donation to the Thalmor Embassy? (Yes. Counterfeit septims with Talos' middle finger engraved on both sides.)

2. Would you gladly carry out Elenwen's (or whoever the leader of the Thalmor is on Alinor) orders? (I don't think I'll get orders after sending in those fake septims. In fact, the only orders I'll see after pulling that stunt will be orders for my execution. But if I must answer, then no. I would not.)

3. Are you a High Elf nationalist? (I doubt it.)

4. Do you believe that Talos is a false god? (Heimskr's my uncle. What do you think?)

5. Are you an Altmer/Bosmer? (No.)

6. Then why are you answering these questions? (Because it's fun to state my dislike of the Thalmor without repercussions. Hey, guess what?)

7. What? (Chicken butt.)

I don't support the Thalmor. :p

Ranva

Once I was play as an Altmer.In my very first journey from Riverwood to Whiterun I heard some Justiciar Lollygagin and when I approached them suddenly they attacked me on sight,unprovoked by any mean necessary.I was like wtf...From day on I used to attack any Justiciar on sight.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
IN a word, NO! I don't abide snobbery, bigotry, ethnic cleansing, genocide and, most of all, the HIT SQUADS! I will kill you all! You are not welcome in Syrim! Send your armies, send your armies to die. We will defend our lands and our people and we will all rise up and wipe the Altmer and anyone who supports them from the face of the Earth!

That being said, I would love to play a High Elf that is totally evil and destructive. It just seems to fit the personality type.

Vex

Master Nightblade
By "supporting" the Thalmor I mean do you qualify for at least one of these 4 criteria:

2. Would you gladly carry out Elenwen's (or whoever the leader of the Thalmor is on Alinor) orders?

4. Do you believe that Talos is a false god?

1. Yes I would, if only to increase my chances of promotion/personal gain/influence within the Aldmeri Dominion.
2. Being an Altmer whose sole motivation was the acquirement of more power/wealth, probably not.
3. Yes I am, the High Elves are superior to the other races in terms of intelligence AND the Arcane Arts.
4. Talos was a man, however powerful he may have been, he was not immortal nor did he possess any whimsical qualities that would present him as being God-like.

The RP perspectives provided by siding with the Thalmor/Aldmeri Dominion does pique my interests. Running around purging infidels with my shock spells a la Emperor Palpatine style seems like a fun way to past the time whilst stationed in the frozen hell of Skyrim.

Summerset Isle, a nice place to live.

Orcs Are Your Friends

Burz gro-Khash Is My Hero.
I play as a Bosmer, and I would never join the Thalmor. They're a bunch of pretentious pricks. If I was to roleplay, my character would be the kind of person who wouldn't side with Thalmor just because they are Mer. He's the kind of guy who finds like-minded individuals as his companions. So, if you like mead, wenches, money, and music, you're cool in his book, whether you are a Redguard, Nord, Breton, Argonian, Barbarian, or Librarian.

Lunaruse

The Milkdrinking Elf

If by donation you mean roast them alive, then yes.

No, I've lived on Alinor all my life, in fear of being killed just by disagreeing with them. They've slaughtered more of my own people than all the other races.

Of course, High elves are intelligent people who don't behave as irrationally as men do (usually). But the Thalmor, though intelligent, are fools. I would never support them. I think its very idiotic of them to claim to be for our people and then slaughter them for simply disagreeing with them. They are a disgrace to mer. May the all be burned by the wrath of the gods.

4. Do you believe that Talos is a false god

I believe Talos is a god. I, however, do not view him as being worthy of my worship. I also believe that it is idiotic to claim that he is above Auri-El (Akatosh) who is the god of time. Neither man nor mer could ever hope to reach such heights. He is a daedra at best or just an aspect of Lorkhan. I believe that it is fine for men to do what they want with their own official worship, but they are blasphemous idiots to believe that Talos > Akatosh or that Akatosh would even let Talos be above him. Akatosh's aspect is a dragon, who are by nature dominant as F***. Logic. Seriously.

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
My Bosmer Nona doesn't side with anyone, All she cares about is her next meal haha, which is usually a fallen enemy.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts