Altmer and Bosmer: Do you support the Thalmor? Why or why not?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Altmer/Bosmer, do yo upport the Thalmor?

• Yes

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • No

Votes: 43 71.7%

• Total voters

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
1. Would you willingly give a donation to the Thalmor Embassy?
I would gladly donate 24 inches of Imperial Steel.
2. Would you gladly carry out Elenwen's (or whoever the leader of the Thalmor is on Alinor) orders?
Absolutely not. Unless of course the order is please kill me slower.
3. Are you a High Elf nationalist?
Nope.
4. Do you believe that Talos is a false god
Yes, but that's because he is.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
My bosmer ranger scouts for the Thalmor. Keeps her ear to the ground and her eyes open. She corresponds with the embassy through letters, reporting on everything from artifacts she's found to Stormcloak and Imperial troop movements. Even the location of shrines to Talos she's found in the wilderness.

She doesn't do this because she loves the Thalmor. In fact, she hates them. She fears them. They represent the authority of The Aldmeri Dominion, who hold all of Valenwood in their sway. If she wishes some day to return to her home and find her kin and clan safe and alive...she will do as she is told when she is told.

What does she owe these nords, anyway?

I was not aware that the Embassy was accepting charity.. The Thalmor are well funded, and need no coin from a poor bosmer.

2. Would you gladly carry out Elenwen's (or whoever the leader of the Thalmor is on Alinor) orders?

Gladly? No. But she would carry the orders out all the same.

No.

Of course.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
By "supporting" the Thalmor I mean do you qualify for at least one of these 4 criteria:

My character supports the Thalmor for a few reasons:

1. He can live in Skyrim and pursue his studies of the Arcane without being considered "impure" upon his return to the Dominion.

2. Supporting the popular political party ensures that his family will keep its prominent status as nobility (an Altmer going to Skyrim willingly makes people wonder, even if he did become Arch-Mage of an Arcane University and marry one of his own kind)

3. He believes Talos is a false God

4. He dosn't quite believe in the ultimate superiority over man, he just believes that since the Mer are descended from the Aedra, they should receive homage and more respect

Ok so I know most of you hate them because they attack you on sight, and I hate them for that too, but aside from that, let's say Skyrim allowed you to join them and they were friendly to you, would you then support them? How could you possibly turn down your race being superior to the others? And please try not to think through your 21st century filter, think as your character would in the medieval period (roughly when Skyrim takes place). I mean really, they ARE the pro-Elven political party, so why not support them?

1. Yes - as long as I'm allowed to kill 1 Thalmor for every Septim I give
2. Yes - as long as it meant I could kill 10 Thalmor for every word of the Order Given
3. No - I'm not a Thalmor so why would I be?
4. No - I don't pass judgments on any other peoples religion - sure, I make fun of it behind their backs, but I give them the respect of their own free (if deluded) will.

Fay_Lovecraft

My Bosmer doesn't support the Thalmor. He doesn't want to be 'civilized'--which seems to mean being turned into a servant, as that's the only position you see Bosmer in among the Thalmor. Besides, you can read somewhere that the Bosmer are only part of the dominion because they were, way in the past, an annex of the Altmer, created by a few highelves who were tired of Altmer society and eventually evolved into woodelves. More recently, when forming the Aldmeri dominion, the Altmer invoked this ancient right to exercise control over Valenwood, as it was technically part of Summerset Isle. Not to mention that the Altmer's whole philosophy is in direct opposition to everything the Bosmer believe in. They're supposed to be basically universally tolerant, and their God--Jephre--is one of the Gods who made Mundus. He was the first to sacrifice himself to stabilize Nirn's plane, so I don't see how any Bosmer would willingly follow the Thalmor, who believe physical existence is a prison. Maybe some extreme radical Bosmer would follow them, but for the most part, following the Thalmor as a Bosmer doesn't make sense to me.

No, but my elf steals from them all the time. Call it negative donation.

Never.

Not at all.

No. My elf doesn't personally worship Talos, but if you go to a shrine, you are blessed and cured of disease, so I figure there must be someone up there.

Harc

Big Hog
The dominion deserves to assert dominance in their conquered lands. The dominion is the true government

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
I love what they once were, but hate what they have become.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
Aldaril would sooner pour his entire life savings into the Sea of Ghosts than support his turncoats.
Elenwen's a joke a of a leader.
No.
Yep. Damn Nords.

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
A: I would gladly donate the armor I have collected from the Justicars that I have killed.

A: Only if it involved a closed door, a bed, and loads of mead.

A: Yes, I love my fellow Altmer, however, the Thalmor are embarrassing and oppressive. I would never join their cause, especially after the treatment I received at their hands, and then to be passed like a party favor to Ulfric? You will both feel the wrath of an Altmer woman scorned.

A: Yes and no. I believe he is more of an idol that men worship that they can better relate to than the other Divines. All dieties are lore, or stories that began about men/women that later were embellished to push the diety to immortal levels.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
No. There's a reason why my Bosmer and Altmer are in Skyrim and not the Aldmeri Dominion. They enjoy living outside of a totalitarian oppressive society where the ruling class are obsessed with racial purity.

Meanwhile back in the Aldmeri Dominion Mer continue to enjoy the enlightened rule of the Thalmor:

No thank you

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
"Superior bred mer"my arse..verbally claiming supremicy is for those who need an ego stroak.id rather be a man of action.

Although Talos is a false god imo(ego smack for nord players:p)

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
It all boils down to this.

Nearly five years of destructive warfare for the Empire to sit at the negotiations table with the High Elves. One hour for the High Elves to surrender and submit to Imperial authority. XD I laughed so hard at that, I can't believe it took an hour to force their surrender.

Well, to be fair I imagine most cities wouldn't last much longer then an hour when the Numidium is involved.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Lord Aurendel

I myself am an Altmer so naturally i support my kinsman. i am a firm believer that the Thalmor are the only hope for tamriel. the fact that Mer are superior to man is an established fact.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I myself am an Altmer so naturally i support my kinsman.
You mean the kinsmen that lied to the Altmers of Summerset Isle, falsely claiming that they drove the Daedra back during the Oblivion Crisis to sieze power when it's a matter of indisputable fact that it was Martin Septim who caused all the Oblivion Gates to close by sacrificing his life to summon the avatar of Akatosh? The same kinsmen that exiled and assassinated the Altmer hero and seer-mage of the Crystal Tower, Rynandor the Bold, because he dared to question their lies? The same kinsmen that assassinated the Altmer Potentate Ocato. The same kinsmen that practice a barbaric form of eugenics entailing mass infanticide? The same kinsmen that rule Alinor with an oppressive yoke of totalitarian government over their fellow Altmer?

There's nothing natural about an Altmer supporting the Thalmor. There's a reason why many Altmer choose to live outside of the oppressive government of the Aldmeri Dominion.

SR-npc-Legate_Fasendil.jpg

..the fact that Mer are superior to man is an established fact.
Sorry I was a little distracted reading the plethora of lore documents about how the races of man drove the races of Mer out of High Rock, Skyrim, and Cyrodiil and how Tiber Septim conquered Alinor with Numidium. Then there's the fact that the Saxhleel chased the Daedra armies of Mehrunes Dagon back through the Oblivion Gates in Black Marsh with the aid of the Hist and had them pl***ing their pants so badly that the Daedra sealed those gates from the Oblivion side while the same Daedra armies overran the Altmer armies in Summerset Isle and caused the collapse of the Crystal Tower. Now, what was that you were saying about established fact?

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
I know but you're scary/smart nonetheless.feel bad for anyone who makes you mad o_O

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts