• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Are you trying to be a pacifist in the philosophical sense or more in the sense of not inflicting any damage directly? If it's the former, casting Fury spells doesn't really fit since your making others kill for you, nor does using traps to kill enemies.

A little bit of both. I'll only be using Fury on hostile enemies, to divert their, uh, hostility from me; I definitely won't be using it on innocent bystanders, though, which seems a lot worse to me. As for traps, well, if a Draugr willingly chooses to run into swinging blades, that's his doing, not mine. :D

Is there any reason you excluded Paralysis or the Restoration spells for turning the Undead as options?

Paralysis is very tempting, but I wasn't planning on using Alteration at all. I will be using Turn Undead, though... I must've forgotten to list that with Calm and Fear.

If your planning on completing the Thieves Guild quest line to get the Nightingale powers you may have a problem because you have to deal with Mercer directly towards the end.

Yeah... that's my one big worry at the moment. I'm hoping I'll be able to pull it off with a combination of Fus Ro Dahing him off of ledges and making him trip over rocks. I'll have to bend the philosophical side of the No Killing rule with Mercer, but I really want to keep his death out of my combat statistics so I keep my clean slate up until Alduin.

Samadii

Hi. first time posting but i have been stalking these forums for over a month now.
i would like to start with a big thanks for the great idea of a pacifist play thru.
i started this character 2 days ago and i have just finished the college of winterhold quests,
So far for me Morokei has been my greatest challenge. i still maintain a 0 count in all combat though.
the Arch mage quarters offer me a great home for free as i don't want to buy a house at all.
my next step now is to go meet the greybeards and continue the main quest until Alduin.

Good luck with your playthru ImaginePageant

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
i started this character 2 days ago and i have just finished the college of winterhold quests,
So far for me Morokei has been my greatest challenge. i still maintain a 0 count in all combat though.

Awesome! Glad to see someone else is enjoying this build. I'm up to level 25 now, and it really has been one of the most fun playthroughs I've done.

How did you deal with Morokei?

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Oh, and I also want to mention that, after stealing from nearly every single person, house, or shop I've encountered, I haven't once had hired thugs sent after me. Yet when I started my Breton necromancer who does only a bit of thievery on the side, he had hired thugs on his tail at level 7. o_O I wonder what triggers it, or if it is random, if my Khajiit has just been extremely lucky that it hasn't happened yet.

Samadii

With Morokei it took me over 4 hours tonight to get him down.
He doesn't heal which is great. i pacified his 2 ghost guys and used the high
lvl fury spell on all the ghosts and skeletons to fight him.
They managed to get one hit before being killed. The Death lord
managed a few hits before he went down. I then used Fury on his ghost guys
one at a time as there healable. Many tries and near 5 hours of frustration later
i have a nice blue mask...

Oh atm i am lvl 28 with illusion at 100 and full points
a few points in sneak
3 points in pickpocket
3 in restoration
and 3 in alteration which i am leveling up now for magic resistance
not that i am ever seen though lol. Invisibility is my most used spell

oh and no thugs yet for me.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Pacifists are fun to play! No fighting whatsoever. No furry/calm spells either! :) It's a nice refreshing pace to slaughtering anything that fits your fancy.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Oh, and I also want to mention that, after stealing from nearly every single person, house, or shop I've encountered, I haven't once had hired thugs sent after me. Yet when I started my Breton necromancer who does only a bit of thievery on the side, he had hired thugs on his tail at level 7. o_O I wonder what triggers it, or if it is random, if my Khajiit has just been extremely lucky that it hasn't happened yet.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with being in the Thieves Guild vs. not being in the Thieves Guild.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I'm wondering if it has something to do with being in the Thieves Guild vs. not being in the Thieves Guild.
No. I've had hired thugs come after me when I was the Guild Master. The way it works makes it hard to predict. What happens is if you pickpocket someone and are detected there is a percentage chance that instead of becoming hostile the victim will allow the pilfering and hire thugs to go after you later in the game. Since the victim doesn't react any different than when you successfully pickpocket an NPC there's no way of knowing if you've triggered this event.

Samadii

no follower for me as there actions count towards the Combat stats. I am trying to get as far as i can
while keeping All of the combat stats at 0. This build is opening up the game so much more then my other
30 or so builds.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
What happens is if you pickpocket someone and are detected there is a percentage chance that instead of becoming hostile the victim will allow the pilfering and hire thugs to go after you later in the game.

Would this apply to burglaries, too? I've had hired thugs with characters who did no pickpocketing whatsoever, but stole things from people's houses or shops... while they were upstairs sleeping. I don't even know how that could be detected. They must have some sort of magical burglary alarm system.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Would this apply to burglaries, too? I've had hired thugs with characters who did no pickpocketing whatsoever, but stole things from people's houses or shops... while they were upstairs sleeping. I don't even know how that could be detected. They must have some sort of magical burglary alarm system.
Yes it applies to all forms of theft. Apparently you don't have to be seen to activate it for a burglary. It's not logical but then again it's not logical that a dead person could put out a contract on you either when you steal from that dead person's house, but that's what can happen as well. :p

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Hahaha. Make love, not war. Unless you love to make war. I think I shall make a new pacifist character. Yesh, I shall.