• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Honeyderp

I was completely dumbfounded about what type of character to do during school break, and then I read this post. Just wanted to ask if it would be very hard doing civil war quests, and if it's even possible. Thanks

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Just wanted to ask if it would be very hard doing civil war quests, and if it's even possible.

I think it would be possible since, if I recall correctly, you aren't required to kill anyone yourself. However, would a pacifist really support a war at all? This is where the more philosophical side versus the technical side comes into it, and it becomes a personal choice.

Honeyderp

Don't know how to quote but wouldn't a pacifist want to stop the war?

And when dealing with mercer Frey you could pickpocket him and put some poison in. If u have the perk it should kill him quickly if u put a few in/ a strong one and ur on novice.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Don't know how to quote but wouldn't a pacifist want to stop the war?

From dictionary.com:

pac·i·fist

1. A person who believes in pacifism or is opposed to war or to violence of any kind.​
2. A person whose personal belief in pacifism causes him or her to refuse being drafted into military service.

So, to answer your question... no.

And when dealing with mercer Frey you could pickpocket him and put some poison in. If u have the perk it should kill him quickly if u put a few in/ a strong one and ur on novice.

I've never done the poison-by-pocket thing, but I would assume the game would still count that as a kill by your hands. Can anyone confirm this?

Honeyderp

I know it may seem like I'm a dragging this imaginepageant but if they're opposed to it wouldn't they try to stop it?

In regards to the poison I don't think it would be counted as you killing it, for example if a guard gets the final strike, it would be considered the guards kill. Not sure if it's the same for poisons tho

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I know it may seem like I'm a dragging this imaginepageant but if they're opposed to it wouldn't they try to stop it?

If they do so by joining either side of the war, they would in essence be supporting that side and whatever violence done by it, would they not? Within the parameters of the game, I believe the best route for a pacifist to take in the civil war is remaining neutral and holding the peace treaty. That brings an end (if only temporary) to the dispute in a non-violent way. Which is exactly what a pacifist in real life would strive to do.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
I think it would be possible since, if I recall correctly, you aren't required to kill anyone yourself. However, would a pacifist really support a war at all? This is where the more philosophical side versus the technical side comes into it, and it becomes a personal choice.

You'd either have to kill the Ice Wraith or have it be killed (Stormcloaks) or clear out a bandit camp, including the interior (Imperials).

Of course, in order to get to the peace treaty part of the game without taking major advantage of glitches, you'd have to defeat (or cause to be defeated) the boss of Bleak Falls Barrow, as well as the Thalmor in the embassy interrogation room (I think your allies are both too weak to defeat them on their own, though if you're level 1 it may be theoretically possible). Have Paarthy "kill" Alduin on his own at TotW - I think it's possible.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
You'd either have to kill the Ice Wraith or have it be killed (Stormcloaks) or clear out a bandit camp, including the interior (Imperials).

Of course, in order to get to the peace treaty part of the game without taking major advantage of glitches, you'd have to defeat (or cause to be defeated) the boss of Bleak Falls Barrow, as well as the Thalmor in the embassy interrogation room (I think your allies are both too weak to defeat them on their own, though if you're level 1 it may be theoretically possible). Have Paarthy "kill" Alduin on his own at TotW - I think it's possible.

Ah, I forgot about the ice wraith and the bandits. I don't see a way around the ice wraith, as Serpentstone Island is deserted (or at least it always has been for me), and I have yet to do the Imperial side so I can't speak on that.

As for Bleak Falls Barrow, all you have to do is get him to follow you through the swinging axes, which the game doesn't count as a kill, and which I personally don't either - his fault for running into them. And you don't have to kill the interrogators in the Thalmor Embassy; I managed to get out without killing anyone, AND I saved both Malborn and Etienne. Calm spells!

Samadii

hi again. Well my guy is lvl 41 atm and going on the peace path lol. I am up to Alduin wall quest on main.
I have gained entry into the thieves guild and am Arch mage of the College.
So far the only Direct action i have taken against an Npc is Morokei when i used Frenzy on the undeadvto attack him.
I got thru the Thalmor embasy full sneak and never interact with any Npc.
All of my Combat stats are still 0, i am very happy with that.

i maxed my enchanting so i can now cast free illusion and Restoration. I will continue with the main quest line until the final fight as i still haunt heard of a way of defeating him through the Npc's.
loving this playthrough atm.

Samadii

ice wraiths can be calmed. sorry for my crap spelling, My phone isn't playing nice.

Edit. Playing on ps3 so no console commands either

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Ice wraiths can be calmed, but can the one on Serpentstone Island be successfully lured close enough to another person/creature that can kill it?

Are there enough obstacles in Fort Hraggstad to lure the bandits to? You could perhaps Frenzy groups of them, but how would you deal with the last one standing?

Ice wraiths can be calmed, but can the one on Serpentstone Island be successfully lured close enough to another person/creature that can kill it?

Are there enough obstacles in Fort Hraggstad to lure the bandits to? You could perhaps Frenzy groups of them, but how would you deal with the last one standing?
Wolves?

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni

The more I think about this, the more I think it can be done. The wreck of the Pride Tel Vos is fairly close to Serpentstone Isle, and if I remember correctly, there are three or four bandits there. Winterhold isn't all that far, either, and the guards would definitely attack the ice wraith. The only issue is whether or not it would follow you over water, since you can only get to Serpenstone Isle by swimming. I might try this out myself tonight to see if it can be done!

Samadii

I had to send my pacifist on a holiday for awhile so I could start a new character, completely opposite because while I have put in over 50 hours into the pacifist it has been the most emotionally challenging character Ever.
My pacifist has seen more towns people and other random npc's killed by dragons then any other build.. Winterhold is a ghost town, Riverwood has only a couple of adults left. Whiterun no longer has farmers or stable hands. Dawnstar only has guards and essentials...
The dragons don't attack while I am traveling he plains or exiting dungeons, they seem to wait till I enter or exit a town, every bloody time...

Ok rant over.

I tried being a pacifist...it worked for all of two mins....:sadface: I'm even having trouble playing as a heroic nord compaion. One that never killed an inocent or stoll anything and I even have trouble with THAT. I didnt know I was that evil....

Just beat mercer frey without the Jill count, used the loose rock, marked for death and wabberjack. It can be done!

Also 'harmony' is pretty much essential for and quests with essential followers. Just to chill them out so your stats don't rack up.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Just beat mercer frey without the Jill count, used the loose rock, marked for death and wabberjack. It can be done!
Really? I thought I tested Marked for Death and using it on an enemy that later died counted as a kill for you...

Doing the Thieves Guild questline with a pacifist ruins your kill count record either way, as anything Mercer kills while he's your companion in Snow Veil Sanctum counts as a kill for you, just like any other companion's kills do. I was pretty devastated when I discovered this halfway through that quest, and I didn't have any saves from prior to starting it that I could revert to. :sadface:

I got really depressed when I discovered snow veil sanctum couldn't be done... Until I learnt 'harmony' the master illusion spell. Then it became easy to complete!

As for marked for death, I'm not sure. Sometimes it counts sometimes it doesn't, maybe it depends what type of damage caused the final kill. With mercer, it was the wabberjack that killed him, and that randomly counts or not too. Marked for death just didn't kill him. He stayed on one pixel until I did something else. Looking forward to trying to kill alduin in the same way!

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I got really depressed when I discovered snow veil sanctum couldn't be done... Until I learnt 'harmony' the master illusion spell. Then it became easy to complete!
So if you Harmony all the Draugr, Mercer will leave them be and continue through the barrow with you?

HMMMMMMMM. I may have to give this build another try someday.

Exactly! You'll need master of the mind perk too so that harmony works on undead.