Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear

Jurgarik Greycloak

Techno master of Tamriel.
When I saw "his boys" my mind went strictly to Stormcloak Soldiers not supporters and soldiers.

Those who support the stormcloaks ARE stormcloaks, but just do not fight.

Sure, fine, I'll take it.

You do not have to., My opinion is just that. Just like I think that the Stormcloaks are BSing about Talos, I think that the rebels and the Empire encompass their supporters as well.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
If they weren't at a Stalemate why would the Dominion even bother with a treaty? Why wouldn't The Dominion just wipe them out completely? That doesn't make sense.

Because they're patient. They take the long view of things, they take their time. It was over a hundred years of plotting before the Great War came about. They're elves, they can wait humanity out.

They're weakening the Empire right now through Ulfric Stormcloak, they planned this during the war when they discovered Ulfric's value. The Stormcloak Rebellion wasn't just this coincidence.

"The Nords didn't like the peace treaty much either. Thirty years later, the Empire ends up with the Stormcloak rebellion on its hands. No doubt exactly as the Thalmor intended." - Delphine

We're all pawns on the Thalmor's chessboard.

Jurgarik Greycloak

Techno master of Tamriel.
If they weren't at a Stalemate why would the Dominion even bother with a treaty? Why wouldn't The Dominion just wipe them out completely? That doesn't make sense.

Because they're patient. They take the long view of things, they take their time. It was over a hundred years of plotting before the Great War came about. They're elves, they can wait humanity out.

They're weakening the Empire right now through Ulfric Stormcloak, they planned this during the war when they discovered Ulfric's value. The Stormcloak Rebellion wasn't just this coincidence.

"The Nords didn't like the peace treaty much either. Thirty years later, the Empire ends up with the Stormcloak rebellion on its hands. No doubt exactly as the Thalmor intended." - Delphine

This is exactly what I have been saying. Thanks for saying it way better than me DrunkenMage

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
It is why I support the Empire, they're at least catching onto the Thalmor's game. Stormcloaks are just naive and clueless, unable to grasp the situation.

I always found it amusing they believe they're 'pushing out' the Thalmor. They don't need an open presence to cause harm, in the Novels they were funding bandits in Cyrodiil and infiltrating the Empire. In Skyrim they already have Nords working for them, pushing out the Empire and the Thalmor Justiciars just makes them go further underground.

The Thalmor's weapon has always been cloak and dagger tactics. Causing uprisings, sowing dissent, propaganda, infiltrations etc. I would have more faith in the Stormcloaks if they weren't all "Huh? Thalmor are behind this... what?"

Dominion and the Empire are at each others throats behind the scenes, nearing war. Stormcloaks are just twenty steps behind going "Hur dur we gonna kick the Thalmor and their Imperial puppets out!!"

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Fine with me that's all The Imperials want to do. To keep their CONTROL over the land.

The Imperials didn't care. Until Ulfric killed High King Torygg, the Empire didn't want to deal with a rebellion. They are focused on the Thalmor, and now they had to respond due to a direct attack on the Emperor's vassal. If they didn't act, it could spark others to do the same, causing a domino effect. Chances are had Ulfric convinced Torygg to leave the Empire peacefully they would have most likely agreed.

The Empire simply did not want to get involved, it was going on for years between the various Holds. But Ulfric wanted the Empire's attention and more support for his cause (Prior to killing Torygg he wasn't getting much support).

It is why you constantly hear the Legates mention "The Legion stepped in to restore order" they have to protect Imperial citizens that are in danger due to this rebellion. The Legion is at a disadvantage, they're fighting Stormcloaks and Forsworn. (There is a world encounter for Imperial soldiers vs Forsworn.)

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
They also cut the Battle of Markarth in which he fought in and said this to his soldiers "This is it men! It's time to make this city ours. The walls of Markarth may be high, but their age will have created weakness or secret entrances. find them! They'll have barricades set, destroy them quickly. Keep pressing forward. All that remains then is the exterior gate. Find a way through to open it and the city will be ours! Ready now! Everyone, with me! For the Sons and Daughters of Skyrim!" he will then rush with his men and take Markarth. Galmar will storm the keep and fight the Jarl, Ondolemar, The Jarl's Housecarl and a few random Imperials. The Silver Blood Jarl will then enter and say some pl*** to Jarl Igmund. Galmar will shut them up and Igmund will surrendur. Then Galmar will halt Ondolemar.
Galmar: Halt Elf! You're not going anywhere!
Ondolemar: I presume you're talking to me.
Galmar: On your Knees Elf!
Ondolemar:.....
Galmar: I said, On your Knees!
Ondolemar: Have your petty victory. Soon you will all be slaves.
*Galmar then procedes to cut off his head*
Galmar: Someone take that filth out of here!
Is that enough for you to spark your interests? Well that was ALL supposed to be in the original game but it got scrapped due to bugs and because Bethesda already had a set launch date.
Heres a link to the battle of Markarth: Skip to about 1:30

By Talos that guy in the video has such an annoying voice. He did no service by promoting this mod at any given point.

I had a great time going to his video and disliking it.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
By Talos that guy in the video has such an annoying voice. He did no service by promoting this mod at any given point.

That is how the Thalmor broke Ulfric, put him in a room with that guy talking for twenty minutes.

Papoy

DON'T EXPECT SPOILER WARNINGS FROM ME
Cant belive... this thread is still most popular one. Here is the thing.
Imperials are bitchez, they use only sword and bow (imperial bow that is stronger than hunting bow that is used my Stormcloacs)
Stormcloacs use all kind of weapons, hammers, maces, greatswords, etc
So if u are looking for a chelenge, join imperials, cuz stormcloacs put on much better fight. Also if u are a mage, or if you are not a Nord, stormcloacs are rasists that favorise weapons. OH, and they dont like achemysts.
If, after all, you are looking for a relaxing fight and u like Talliuses good looking armour, go with stormcloacs.
Either way, its up to you.
P.S. Imperials have prettyer armour (in my opinion ofc) and you can choose:light, medium or heavy. Stormcloacs dont offer that but they givy 2 rly strong poisons.
I quess there is no much more to say,... they both will fight aldmeri dominion afterwards (u wont participe in that war no mater what side did you chose). And they both give you weapons with powerfull encantment after each fort is occupied.
Thats all there is to say.
If afterall you are looking for personal opinionI prefer Leagion, cuz itts bigger chelnge fighting stormcloacs that legionares. (LOLZ my courent character is stormcloack, but thats cuz i'm Nord so i will stay with side of my bros and sisters :p On other races, i am with the legion)

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear

Not much we can do about it.

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear
They also cut the Battle of Markarth in which he fought in and said this to his soldiers "This is it men! It's time to make this city ours. The walls of Markarth may be high, but their age will have created weakness or secret entrances. find them! They'll have barricades set, destroy them quickly. Keep pressing forward. All that remains then is the exterior gate. Find a way through to open it and the city will be ours! Ready now! Everyone, with me! For the Sons and Daughters of Skyrim!" he will then rush with his men and take Markarth. Galmar will storm the keep and fight the Jarl, Ondolemar, The Jarl's Housecarl and a few random Imperials. The Silver Blood Jarl will then enter and say some pl*** to Jarl Igmund. Galmar will shut them up and Igmund will surrendur. Then Galmar will halt Ondolemar.
Galmar: Halt Elf! You're not going anywhere!
Ondolemar: I presume you're talking to me.
Galmar: On your Knees Elf!
Ondolemar:.....
Galmar: I said, On your Knees!
Ondolemar: Have your petty victory. Soon you will all be slaves.
*Galmar then procedes to cut off his head*
Galmar: Someone take that filth out of here!
Is that enough for you to spark your interests? Well that was ALL supposed to be in the original game but it got scrapped due to bugs and because Bethesda already had a set launch date.
Heres a link to the battle of Markarth: Skip to about 1:30

His voice was annoying as hell I agree. However what did you think of the mod and how it brings out how the Civil War was supposed to be.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
His voice was annoying as hell I agree. However what did you think of the mod and how it brings out how the Civil War was supposed to be.

I didn't watch the entire video. The voice was getting to me. I think the video was created by the Thalmor... to drive everybody insane.

Or typical Imperial propaganda created by the Empire considering the fact that the voice behind the scene was playing as a pro stormcloak character.

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear

I didn't watch the entire video. The voice was getting to me. I think the video was created by the Thalmor... to drive everybody insane.

Or typical Imperial propaganda created by the Empire considering the fact that the voice behind the scene was playing as a pro stormcloak character.

look past that and look at the Mod though. I sat through it (horribly) and watched Ulfric Stormcloak take Markarth as he was supposed to in the original game.

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
tumblr_mh35wic7iz1r2apyqo1_500.jpg
LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!!!
images

I believe it was Yes Man from New Vegas who said it best...​
"It'll seem like I'm off-line. But don't worry, everything will be okay! I've updated the Imperials' targeting parameters, so they know what to do! The Empire will be protected. So that's where I'll be, off making a few changes, and I... I guess I'll see you around! We accomplished a lot together! It was fun! Take care!!!" XD

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear
tumblr_mh35wic7iz1r2apyqo1_500.jpg
images

I believe it was Yes Man who said it best when he said... "Goodbye" !!!​
Take Care​

LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!!! XD

Unfortunately this love story will never happen.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts